One

That Woman I Love

That Woman I Love

 

I'm gonna love you; you’re the woman I love”

~ Jason Mraz

 

ONE

 

The night has started. The boys and I were on our third round. Manager hyung was in the dance floor grinding with this hot lady I bet he didn’t know the name yet. Jungshin was talking weird again although he was just on his second bottle. Jonghyun was eyeing this girl on the next table that was eyeing him back and I’m wondering if he can still remember that he currently have a girlfriend. Minhyuk was explaining something to me but words don’t seem to be processed in my brain. I was bored as hell and I wanted to hit the sack until I heard someone from the other table spoke.

 

“Uwah, here comes the goddesses.”

 

All of us turned. The queens have arrived. Nine beauties suddenly appeared to upgrade the already heated atmosphere of the bar.

 

Taeyeon Kim, the leader of the clique, walked confidently right in the middle of the dance floor. There was this usual smirk on the corner of her lips as if proudly stating ‘yeah, stare, es’. She has always been a beauty to behold not to mention her glow. Yes, she glows. Her milky white skin makes her glow so bright she could blind anyone in close proximity. And she has this childish-angelic face; she could pass for a cute and playful elementary kid. But then again, don’t let this fool you. Kim Taeyeon is a self-proclaimed queen .

 

Beside her, as usual, was Tiffany Hwang, the sweet looking Korean-American who was being rumored to be her girlfriend but knowing them from before, I am 100% sure that the two only shared a special kind of friendship that no one could ever understand but her and Taeyeon alone. With her sweet smile, she could get things her way. Plus, her voice— it is music on its own. She talks and everyone could swear it would be the sweetest song they’ll ever hear.

 

Then there was Jessica Jung that carried around with her that classily classic icy flair. Except for her friends, anybody who would dare come close to her personal space could swear that she seriously give off a shuddering air around her. She was cold. And, she was a princess—well, because, she literally is since she was born in the Jung hotel empire. An ice princess she is, but possesses the warmest heart. She is one of the kindest people I know. How did I know? She’s my cousin. Although, she hated me the way her other friends hated me.

 

Yuri Kwon has her arm protectively wrapped on the ice princess’ shoulder as if guarding her from the crowd. They call her black pearl because of her unusually tanned skin. Adding to her splendor is her seriously toned body that causes major jaw drops. This is attributed to the fact that she is the sportiest among the girls— she could do almost all kinds of sports. As a varsity swimmer, they say she’s the most beautiful in the swimming pool. She puts y on every swimwear she parades during her swimming competitions.

 

Walking closely behind were Yoona Kwon and Sooyoung Choi. Yoona is Yuri’s younger sister and one of the sought after young actresses in the country. She started modeling when she was six. She has been in a few dramas and is rumored to be working on another movie this coming winter. This girl is loud and as playful as her sisters when they are together but on screen, she’s an epitome of finesse and grace. She is also the secret my friend is keeping.

 

Sooyoung is noted for being a shikshin, a food goddess which is a complete irony to her figure. Standing the tallest in the group, she has the making of a supermodel. She is also smart and witty, every word she utters is either full of wisdom or sarcasm.

 

Enter Sunny Lee, true to her name, she is a burst of sunshine. She smiles and waves at everyone like a year-round homecoming queen candidate. Friendly in every sense of the word, she captivates other people with her charm. Her cuteness is just an added bonus. y and cute— Sunny made that possible.

 

Hyoyeon Kim, the dance machine, is a familiar figure in the dance troupe during our high school years. One time, their dance coach sent her to train with the boys since she would nail the girls’ routines in a matter of seconds. She may look unapproachable the way most of her friends are but she is one of them that could spend a day away from the clique.

 

My attention was grabbed by the apparition that seemed to abruptly appear beside the honey blonde dance princess.

 

Seohyun.

 

I knew I would recognize her everywhere but this time she looked different— more matured… more beautiful.

 

Gone was the girl who sat beside me by the school field.

 

Gone was the red-rimmed-eyeglasses-wearing nerd who tutored me in Math and English.

 

Seohyun.

 

The Seohyun of my past was gone but here comes a Seohyun— a new one, walking together with her unnies.

 

The youngest in the clique. The smartest maknae. The most quiet princess. The prettiest goddess that possessed the most innocent heart.

 

The heart I broke.

 

The fragility I deliberately ignored.

 

And now, I stare. I gape. I ogle.

 

Seohyun, four years ago—

 

“Hyung, you grew up together, didn’t you?” Minhyuk’s voice cut my train of thought.

 

“Oh, you know them?”

 

“Not that much…” I drank and I lied. How could I forget?

 

Flashes of the past came to me.

 

Seohyun.

 

The girl I hardly noticed before.

 

“Nobody makes any of these girls cry, especially the maknae. Got that, ?!” Kim Taeyeon said that after making sure my legs won’t keep me on my feet for the next decade. She said that after kicking me where it surely hurt then walked far away along with the other girls.

 

That was the last time I saw Seohyun.

 

And I have been waiting for this moment.

 

If only I could get past the pack of lioness that guards her.

 

Tough luck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

………………………………………………….

 

I will be shifting the POV from Yonghwa’s to third person on the coming chaps