Heart Flutters

Impossible Romance

The car slowed to a stop in front of the hospital doors, and I reached to the floor to grab my bag, but a hand beat me to it. I looked up into Changmin’s grinning face. “I can take this inside for you.”

“Uh… I can carry it myself. It’s not that heavy,” I muttered, staring at the ground. When I looked back up, I realized both of them had already exited the car. I reached to open the door only for it to be opened just before my hand grabbed ahold of the handle. “Kamsahamnida.” I gently lifted my injured foot, swinging myself over to exit the car.

I was about to push myself off the seat when a hand reached out for mine. I looked up, and it was Changmin’s companion. I blushed, gently taking his hand and allowing him to pull me out of the car. He helped me take a few steps to the curb before he turned and quickly closed the door.

I barely realized the door had been shut before my hair was flying in my face once more, and I was being carried into the hospital. “Y-yah! I can walk if you would make sure I don’t fall!  You don’t need to carry me everywhere as if I were some kind of doll!”

He chuckled, making me pout and look at the ground once more. “It’s faster if we carry you inside. Besides, your ankle is already swollen pretty bad, and it should be attended to as soon as possible.”

“Huh?” I glanced down at my ankle, and sure enough, it already looked like a partially inflated balloon. I groaned and bowed my head in resignation.I’m not going to convince them to put me down, so I might as well stop fighting it.

 

 

 

 

The doctor finished bandaging my foot, and stood from his kneeled position. “That’s it then. Make sure to stay off of it unless absolutely necessary, and try to keep it elevated. Go ahead and make your check-up appointment with your regular doctor.” He smiled before leaving the room.

Changmin and Yunho, I asked while we were waiting, entered the room just as the doctor left. “Everything better now?” Changmin inquired, glancing at the bandage.

“Fine as in I’m allowed to walk with the aide of crutches for the next week, or fine as in there’s nothing wrong at all?” I questioned sarcastically, noting that Yunho was whispering into his phone.

Changmin smiled sheepishly. “Well… I guess neither is truly fine, huh? I mean, you can get around on your own now, right?”

I chuckled. “Ne. I don’t need two knights in shining armor to carry me around anymore.” I reached for the crutches and placed them closer as I hopped off the bed. As I stuck them under my arms, I bowed my head slightly towards Changmin. “Kamsahamnida for helping me today and for going through all of this trouble.”

“No problem. We can give you a ride home so you don’t have to worry about the bus, though.”

Yunho came closer, shaking his head. “Sorry, but we can’t actually. Our manager called and he’s really angry with us for being late. We have to go ASAP or we’re going to be in even more trouble.”

“I’ll be perfectly fine on my own.” The three of us made our way to the elevator to leave, and stopped just inside the entrance doors in the lobby. “Kamsahamnida~!”

“Annyeong,” they replied in unison. “Take care of yourself, alright?” Changmin gave her a slight wave before climbing in the car.

I grinned as I watched the car pull away, heart skipping slightly. I heard the bus approach the bus stop and my eyes widened. I don’t want to wait for the next one!  I hurried to hobble over to the bus before it left.

 

 

 

Sorry for the delayed update! I was busy and then I got writer's block for this chapter. The next chapter is completely planned out in my mind, so it may be out later today or sometime tomorrow. :) Any suggestions for how you want their relationship to proceed are welcome~!