Live before 12

25 Bedtime Stories of EXO

 

EXO were having a sleepover in Kyungsoo's place. It was 9:00 in the evening and they were telling horror stories when Chen brought up a topic about a dangerous spell. "I remember when my Grandma told me about a spell called "The Midnight Man" It was about a spell to calling a dangerous spirit. It just needed simple materials such as salt, candles, and chalk. You need to draw a circle of chalk in exactly 10:00 in the evening and  light 3 candles just in the outer part of the circle in a triangular motion after that wait for a moment for the midnight man to be in presence... But Kyungsoo asked "How would you know if he is already in presence?" Chen replied "You would know if he is in presence because in exactly 10:30 the first candle will be blown away, in 11:00 the second light candle will be gone, and in exactly 11:30 the last light candle will be gone and after that immediately sprinkle salt using the trace of your drawn chalk before midnight as protection from the midnight man and slowly the midnight man will fade in 12:01  When I attempted to do the spell, my Grandma slapped me so hard and told me to never do that spell again..." Then Kyungsoo became curious and asked "Why? What would happen to you when you would do it?" Chen was about to speak till Kris shouted "Guys! Get some sleep will ya?" But Kyungsoo became really curious about the spell and planned on doing it later.

It was 9:30 and Kyungsoo prepared the materials as Chen stated earlier. He waited for the clock to tick exactly 10:00. He quickly draw a circle around him and lit 3 candles in Traingular motion. He waited for 30 minutes and felt a gust of cold wind on his left side and noticed that the light on the candle on his left side was gone. He felt shivers ran down his spine but still acted brave because he reminded himself that this was only an easy spell. Then after 30 minutes he felt cold wind on his right side and at that moment he noticed that the light of the candle at the right side is gone. He was really freaking out that moment but removed the feeling away. Then at exactly 11:30 he felt a gust of cold wind straight in his face and noticed that the last candle already went out. But what scared him was that he saw a shadow figure far from him but infront of him approaching slowly. Without hesitating he sprinkled salt in exactly where the chalk is. And he felt relieved when the figure started fading slowly. "Well that was quite easy..." Kyungsoo mumbled to himself. Then he headed to dreamland.

Someone was kicking him waking him up. "Yah! Kyungsoo! It's 12:00 in the afternoon! Are you planning to eat or what?" discovering the person as Kai. "Yeah yeah.. 5 more minutes..." He mumbled "We'll when you get down your precious kimchi spaghetti will be... Voila! Gone." Kai shouted. With those words, Kyungsoo jolted up and ran down stairs discovering they just started eating. He headed to a seat opposite to Chen and whispered to Him "I did the spell last night, it was quite exciting..." Chen's eyes horrored at what He said Kyungsoo eyed him confused but he just took Chen's expression as "Oh my God! You really did it?!" After eating lunch the other 11 had gone home. He was left in the house with nothing to do. The whole day passed with no interesting thing for Kyungsoo to do. But when it was 10:30 he felt a cold wind in his face. He chased the feeling away. And after another 30 minutes he felt a gust of wind in his right as he approached his room. He was getting suspicious in what's happening at the same time getting scared. He laid down on his bed and felt a gust of wind on his left. With that moment he realized everything was happening reversed from the spell he performed before. Then he received a text from Chen saying "Kyungsoo... I'm sorry... I'm really really sorry... But a price must be paid to HIM after you did the spell". And at that moment on he looked at the ceiling seeing a black figure with red eyes, long tongue, and sharp teeth staring down at him and he realized that it was his last life before 12...