Flashback. Why is he apologizing??

A Bittersweet Twist of Life

++ Chapter Three ++

++- flashback (four years ago)-++

“Oh, ! Teukie-hyung will be very much mad at me if I don’t get there in time!” Sungmin rushed out of his dorm room, forgetting to lock it out.

Sungmin hurried so he didn’t wait for the elevator but used the staircase instead.  He ran down the flight of stairs quickly and recklessly. On the second floor of the stairs his right foot slipped, seconds later he was falling on thin air.

 Oh god! I’m falling!


Sungmin closed his eyes and waited for his body to hit the concrete cemented floor, after a few seconds of nothing happening he dared  opening his eyes. Sungmin got shocked when he saw that he was on top of a man, no doubt he didn’t felt anything when he fell.

“Oww..” He heard the man whine.

Sungmin’s senses came back to him and he scrambled up. “I am so sorry!” he bowed down in front of the man when the guy was back on his feet.


He heard a chuckle. “No, no it’s just fine” Sungmin raised his head and straightened his stand to look at the man.


The guy was indeed beautifully handsome, dark brown disheveled messy-looking hair, beautiful almond eyes, perfectly chiseled nose, and pinkish red smiling lips.


“I’m really sorry, again!” Sungmin smiled at him apologetically.


He returned my smile and held his hand in front of me. “The name’s Jungjin, Cho Jungjin.”


Cho Jungjin?... what a nice name…


Sungmin took Jungjin’s hand. “I’m Lee Sungmin, just call me Sungmin.”


----*end of flashback*----

(Sungmin’s P.O.V)

Why does it feel like someone is watching me?


I tried to open my eyes slowly as light flooded my blinded eyes.


“Are you okay now?”


I froze when I heard the voice and saw that I was lying inside the school’s clinic, the same face of who I thought was long lost gone was sitting beside the bed looking directly at me. I can feel my cheeks burning and I know my face looks like a big tomato now!


“Why is your face red? Are sick?” Cho Kyuhyun placed one of his hands that was clasped before into my forehead to
check if I am sick or not. “Nope, you are not sick because you are not warm.”


“Ummm…” I bit my lower lip and carefully tried to sit up so that I wouldn’t fall from the bed.  “W-why a-are you…. Staying with me, Cho  Kyuhyun-ssi?..”


“Oh!” I saw his face had gotten red. Is it because of my question? I looked down from his face, because this feels awkward and it feels like something or someone was clenching my heart really hard.  Is this called bittersweet happiness??


“Umm.. You see..Y-you fainted as me and Zhou mi are introducing ourselves…M-my body acted on his own.. and rushed beside you to pick you up…then me, zhou mi and your two friends ryeowook and donghae. We rush you to the infirmary… I honestly don’t know why I did that.. maybe its instinct…oh,  zhou mi and your two friends went back to the room to…. Report to the teacher and to get your bag and theirs too…” He explained and I listened to him as I was still looking down, I don’t want to remember everything that happened in the past. Just by seeing his face brings back everything.


“You have been here in the infirmary for almost a day and the classes are finish so you go home and you can take a good and nice rest.” He continued.


“What?! I’ve been asleep for almost a day!” I burst out. I am asleep for almost a day?! Oh, darn! I remember I didn’t get to sleep much for the last few nights….. “Ooohh.. Actions really can give consequences…” I faced palmed and then sighed. “Sorry if I disturbed and caused trouble to you and zhou mi and to everyone, kyuhyun-ssi…”


I heard him chuckle and quickly looked at him, awed I watch that same face, same expression, same laugh…Life does really makes wrong twists and turns… Tears came rolling down on my cheeks unconsciously that made him stop laughing. Now his once smooth eyebrow is creased up into a frown, and his eyes full of worry.


“What’s wrong? Is there something that hurts? Why are you crying?” The guy now sat at the bed that made a bunk.


I shook my head quickly and wiped my tears as fast as they fell. “No, no…it’s not like t-that…” I sniffed and bit my lower lip.


“Then why are you crying?” Is that worry I hear coming from him? From this man I hardly know, just than the face I will never forget? “Tell me.”


I smiled weakly at him. “I-I just remembered s-something…  please don’t be worried, ‘kay?”


Kyuhyun nodded quietly and wiped some tears on my cheeks with the back of his hand. I gulped and looked down again.


Why? Why does it feels like my heart is beating faster? He is not HIM Sungmin! He is not the man you lost! He is not the man, he just look like him….


“Sorry…”


“No… it’s not your fault…” I stammered. Why is he apologizing? For what?


Kyuhyun stood up from the bed. “It is all my fault…” He walked towards the door, then it opened revealing ryeowook and hae with another guy, zhou mi.


Kyuhyun bowed slightly at the two and left the room with the three just looked at him with confuse written all over their faces. After a few minutes they seemed to remember me.


“Min-ah!” Donghae lunged himself at me and hugged me tightly.


“H-hae.. I-I ..I-I can’t.. b-breathe! ”Hae let go from his hug and apologized.


“Are you alright now, Min-ssi?” I nodded and smiled at Zhou mi who was standing at the other side of the bed. “You made all of us worried~ especially Kui Xian!” then he laughed.


“Why are you laughing Zhou mi-ssi?” Ryeowook sat at the lower side of the bed.


“Oh, sorry.” The Chinese guy smiled again. “It’s just that… it is the first time I saw Kui Xian so worried, so panicked, so concerned in all of these years I spent with him!”


“Oh….” I clasped both of my hands in front of me. “Is that so?”


“Ye, he does not clearly shows what he really feels… He gives the feeling of like someone wearing a mask.” Zhou mi explained. I know that feeling.... The chinese guy's phone rang and he answered it. “Ni hao? Oh! Kui xian! Yeah! Okay, okay! What?! Hey! How could you do that! No! I’ll be right there! Ok! Ok! Stay there!” He hanged up the phone and turned his attention to us again. “Sorry, guys. I have to go or Kui xian won’t give me a ride~ bye!” He dashed out the room after we said our goodbyes to him.


Silence loomed the room once Zhou mi was out. Until Wookie broke the brooding silence.


“Mn-ah, is it that Cho Kyuhyun looks, talks and acts like Jungjin?”


“Yeah, I thought that too!” Hae butted in.


“Yes…. Exactly as Jungjin had looked, acted and talked.”


Also by how he made my heart beat as Jungjin made it before…but why is he apologizing to me earlier?

 

 -end of chapter-