Nine

Shelter

Jiyong’s POV:

 

Seungri entered my office with a serious face, laptop in hands. “Hyung, someone is messing up our stocks.” Cutting the chase, he went right into the problem I was informed in the early morning, sat down and started typing something furiously. His eyes never took off the screen even though he was talking with me.

 

“I noticed.” I narrowed my eyes, reading the chart on my laptop. “Something is definitely wrong here. Is it bad?”

 

“Nothing we cannot handle.” Seungri scoffed. Lee Seungri wasn’t famous for nothing. If there was anything he was good at, that was playing with money. By playing, meaning, he controlled it.

 

“Who did it, do you know?” I walked over him, sat down on the opposite and poured him some whiskey which I knew he liked.

 

“Not yet.” He still refused to look at me but scowling at his laptop instead. “But be careful hyung, I sense some dirty move. They might aim at you hyung.” My trusted brother advised. “If they did research they might know you used up all your personal saving for this hotel, you won’t have back-up unless asking for family support, which is not likely to happen since your background is unknown to the public, not that you would ask for support anyway.”

 

“You talk too much, kid.” I scowled. I didn’t like people talking about my personal life, especially when it regarded to my family background.

 

“Just a warning hyung.” Seungri shrugged. “You have enemies everywhere, we all do when we’re doing these kinds of business.” He pressed the Enter button and smirked. “Done, everything is back to normal.”  

 

“What would I do without you.” I smiled, ruffled his hair affectionately.

 

“Give me double salary.” Seungri smirked at me.

 

Scoffing, I smacked his head. “As if what I am giving you isn’t enough?”

 

“Alright, mean hyung.” He mumbled. “Then take me to Heaven.” His eyes lit up eagerly when he said so.

 

I laughed. “Don’t you come there all the time, maybe even more than me?” I chuckled, stood up and walked back to my desk. “It’s past lunch time anyway, another time kid.” I glanced at the clock. It’s 2:30 in the evening already. “Set a date with the others, too.”

 

“Mr. Kwon.” My secretary called me via the intercom. “Your delivery from Heaven restaurant arrives.”

 

I raised my brow. Delivery? “Bring it in, please.”

 

Seungri squealed when he saw what was in the boxes. They were wrapped carefully and nicely with a note on it. I took the note, momentarily forgot about Seungri’s excitement over seeing Heaven’s food in front of his eyes.

 

Jiyong ah,

 

I saw that you are drowning in works again. Tsk, forgot about our weekly-Wednesday lunch together? You have lots to make up later, ok?

 

I seriously hope you already had lunch by the time this delivery arrives, since it’s really late. But in case you haven’t, eat well.

 

p/s: Share it with Seungri too, I packed many ;)

 

Nayeon

 

I snatched the box in Seungri’s hand away. “It’s mine.” I pouted, seeing the food was already gone nearly a half.

 

“Hyung!” Seungri whined. “You don’t eat chicken wings, that is for me, noona knows I love Heaven’s chicken wings.” He snatched back the box which made me glared at him. “Noona is the best.” He said through a mouth of food.

 

I opened my phone to see one missed call and a text from Nayeon, just a simple “Busy?” Unconsciously, I smiled.

 

Nayeon was always like that. Simple and straightforward with words, but deep down thoughtful and understanding. And I liked her more and more each day, sometimes I even found myself daydreaming about her while I was working or doing any other things whenever I was not around her.

 

“What’s this?” She asked me oddly once when I showed up in front of her apartment, handing a bouquet of 50 red roses to her for nothing.

 

“What does it look like?” I raised my eyes at her. “Shouldn’t you squeal, grab me and kiss me like there were no tomorrow?”

 

Smirked faintly, she opened her door wider for me to step in, still refused to take the roses. Truth was, I did this romantic gesture for no specific reason. I just wanna give those beautiful roses to her. Girls loved flowers, especially roses, and loved to be given by her boyfriend, right?

 

I was caught off guard when I was pinned on the wall pretty strongly by Nayeon when I was busy looking for a place to put my shoes in her locker. Who would have thought she could have such strength, since I knew very well how slender that figure was.

 

I raised my eyebrows once again. She slowly took the roses from my hand and bring them to her nose, making it a bundle of barrier between our close body and took a sniff. Then she smiled, seductively.

 

“Are you trying to getting something from me?” She asked in a whisper, her other free hand was tracing my cheek with that delicate index finger of her.

 

Seriously, she acted like I were the girlfriend and she were the boyfriend instead, don’t you think?

 

“Doubting my innocent and nice gesture, Yeon Kim?” I smirked at her, snaking my arms around her waist and locked my hands together behind her back.

 

“Blame yourself, Mr. Kwon.” Another surprise happened when she swiftly threw the roses aside, and before I could take a look at how did my perfect bouquet get ruined when it landed with a loud ‘thud’ on the floor, Nayeon’s soft lips claimed mine.

 

And she did kiss me like there were no tomorrow. We did.

 

_____

 

Do you know, only Kim Na Yeon could cool me off when I was pissed? It was funny, in our relationship, I was the tempered one, while she was the cooler.

 

“Yah Kim Na Yeon!” I shouted angrily.

 

“Chill.” She said annoyingly, glanced at me disapprovingly. “You don’t need to shout. I can hear you perfectly from here, since I’m just across your chair.”

 

We were having a fight at her restaurant. Her staffs looked at us warily, and she just ignored them while I glared at them for sticking their noses in our business.

 

“What is your problem?” Nayeon sat up straighter to look at me in the eyes. “You also work in this field, somehow, of all people, you should know things like this is bound to happen. Besides, it was nothing big…..”

 

“It’s not nothing!” I said angrily. “Don’t you see the way he dared to touch your ? In front of everyone’s eyes!”

 

I truly went furious when I accidentally saw that old jerk harassing my girlfriend like that. I watched her from afar when enjoying my lunch, when I noticed he asked for the restaurant’s owner. She was about to come to me, but turned back to him and later, when it was like he was asking something about the menu, he slowly and casually put his dirty hand on her .

 

I didn’t give a that he was a customer. Storming from my seat, I strode long walks to that direction and shouted “Get your ing dirty hand off her you bastard!” before ripping his hand away and bended it backward until he screamed because of hurt. There was a little chaos later, when he, of ing course with all that thick face, swore that he would make me regret about today and stormed off the restaurant.

 

Try me.

 

Nayeon, seemed to be shocked to all the chaos happening, unsure what to do, just standing there watching me huffing with rage, until her staffs rushed up to distract other guests’ attention on two of us and clean that bastard’s table. It’s not until I strode back to my place with a sulky face, she was following me.

 

“Jiyong….” She called softly after a few minutes of silence, as if she gave me time to cool myself.

 

“What?” I snapped, not looking at her.

 

“Hey…..” She tried again, this time took my hand which was laying on the table. She caressed it tenderly while whispering. “Thank you for watching over me, oppa.”

 

And just like that, in front of her staff, in front of many customers who were having dinner that day, she kissed me deeply and soundly on the lips, and I could feel her smile when I kissed her back.

 

I was cooled down, immediately, in a recorded record. Youngbae might need to compete with Nayeon on who was the one knew how to cool me off quickly with just simple words.

 

And that day I felt my heart swelling an inexplainable feeling for her.

 

____

 

Meet me tonight?

 

Can’t. I have an important date tonight. Maybe this weekend?

 

What kind of important date? *raise brows*

 

 

Very important person. Don’t worry, I’m all yours this weekend. *wink*

 

Sulking, I threw my phone into my pocket after staring at our short exchanging texts which happened hours ago. I wanna meet her today. The distance of how many times I wanna meet Nayeon was shortened these days. I wanna meet her everyday now. Not once. Twice. Maybe thrice.

 

Maybe I missed her. A little bit.

 

A lot.

 

“Seungri….” I yawned tiredly. “Let’s go somewhere nice.”

 

We arrived one of our favorite hanging out places one hour later, a cozy bar located in a secret area in Hongdae. It’s not secret as how it was supposed to mean. It was just, not many people knew about this bar, unless you’re classy or a celebrity. It’s a private place for high profile people.

 

“How are things with noona recently hyung?” Seungri asked casually while sipping his drink.

 

“So so.” I knocked down my shot.

 

“Are you guys having a fight?” He frowned. “You haven’t been drinking like this for a while.”

 

“No, we’re cool, very cool.” I sighed. “It’s just….I miss her.” There, I admitted it. At least I feared nothing about showing my true emotions to my dearest dongsaeng.

 

Seungri choked on his drink. Coughing and wiping his mouth, he bursted out laughing. “Seriously, hyung?”

 

“Shut up.” I tossed a strawberry to him. “You have no idea. Nayeon is...amazing.” I said sheepishly while treating myself a grape.

 

“On bed?”

 

I snapped my head and glared at him. “You ing little bastard.” I snarled. “That tiny brain of yours has nothing else beside of that, right?”

 

“Noona has a hot body.” He shrugged. “I only guess and assume.”

 

I smacked his head. “You need to get laid, not that you’re doing that everyday anyway.”

 

“No.” Seungri sighed after I stopped hurting him. “I truly need to get some laid I guess. It’s been a while.”

 

“How long?” I raised my brows. Why suddenly he turned to all serious like this?

 

“A month.”

 

“Seriously?” I was surprised. “What happened?” The notorious Lee Seungri was never lasted a week without beautiful strange girls in his arms each night, let alone an entire month.

 

“Nothing.” He shrugged. “I’m just...tired of casual one night stands and girls with everything but a brain and a true heart.”

 

I patted him on the back to console. I knew that feeling. It was before I started seeing Nayeon differently. Players did get their crisis time, they didn’t enjoy the sick life they were involving in, it was just people didn’t know all about them. “Your Nayeon will come one day, don’t worry. Just keep opening your eye.” I advised.

 

“Noona?” He looked confused by my words so I explained.

 

“I once felt like you, everything was empty and meaningless when all I needed was someone to care for, to think about, to protect, and maybe, to love. Those bodies laying next to me after those wild nights, they were warm too, but I could not hold them, could not cuddle, could not kiss their shoulders from behind, could not nuzzle my nose into the crook of their neck to inhale the shampoo smell, could not tangle my legs into theirs. Because I didn’t want to. Because I only did that to my woman.”

 

Again, unconsciously, I smiled when thinking about Nayeon. “When I wake up the next day, I wanna gaze at her face, looking at how it changes differently like she is having a dream or something. I love to trace my fingers to the lines of her face, cheeks, chin and further down, to kiss that special spot on her neck which I know will leave a perfect love bite mark just because how sensitive her skin on that place is. I will experience that inexplainable feeling when she flutters her eyes open, and the first thing she does is smiling at you. And without much thinking, all you wanna do the next moment is re-doing what you two did the previous night.”

 

“Hyung, are you really trying to comfort me?” Seungri groaned. “Stop.”

 

“All I wanna say is,” I grinned. “You’ll find your woman someday, man.” I patted him once more.

 

“Whatever, you’re so smitten.” He mumbled. “ I gotta tell other hyungs. This is so gross.” He looked around to find someone to call for more drink. “Hey, isn’t that noona?”

 

His question caught my attention, I looked up to where he was looking. It wasn’t sure, but the back really did look like hers. She was wearing a beautiful dress which I never saw before, if that was my Nayeon. It was decent enough, yet y enough.

 

And she was sitting very closely to a man in suit on the bar stool.

 

“Hyung…..”

 

Seungri’s tentative words were inaudible when I narrowed my eyes and unconsciously stood up, walking towards the bar section. No, this could not be her, right?

 

I watched how that man put his arm on her half-bare shoulders, and she quickly brushed it off. From the back view, he seemed to be a good-looking guy, I just thought so. He tried again, but she brushed it off again, this time turned around a bit and laughed softly.

 

That was Nayeon.

 

ing seriously? Kim Nayeon? Of all girls, it’s Kim Nayeon? Who knew about how my previous relationship ended? Yet now she’s still cheating on me?

 

“Yah, if my boyfriend sees, he will flip you off! Beware!” I heard Nayeon said to that man, and she lightly hit his chest.

 

She looked so adorable with those soft giggles.

 

“Really? Then I am curious.” The man huskily whispered back and turned around to face her. I was right. He was ing handsome.

 

“And that is what I am about to do now.” I spoke in my coldest voice, and I threw my punch at his face, pulling off the bar instantly.

 

Nayeon squealed a bit, but compared to other girls’ squeals I had ever experienced in my life, hers was moderated. But I refused to look at her, I shot glares after glares to the man half laying on the floor. He looked a bit surprised, but quickly looked up at me, wiped his bleeding mouth, and smiled.

 

He ing smiled to me?

 

And why did I feel like I had some…..approval from him after I punched him?

 

“Jiyong?” Nayeon called out. “Jiyong!” She called again when I didn’t turn around.

 

“What?” I snapped.

 

“Hey angel,” That man called her while standing up by his own. “How can you just sit there and not help oppa get up?”

 

“I warned you.” She rolled her eyes. “Didn’t I?”

 

“Just prior to several seconds.” The guy murmured before hoping to sit on the next chair, leaving a space between Nayeon’s spot and his. “What are you looking at, young man? Sit.” The man commanded.

 

I frowned. Firstly, I was not that young compared to him. Second, did he just really command me?

 

“What the is happening here?” I growled.

 

“Jiyong….” Nayeon put her small hand on my back, but I snatched it away and turned to face her. “Why?” I asked grimly, noticed the hurt flashing briefly to her face. “Wait, no, since when?”

 

“Hey, kid.” That guy behind me poked my shoulders. “Chill, this is your girlfriend’s brother, ok?”

 

What’s with people telling me to chill these days? Was I that tempered?

 

Wait, what did he just say?

 

 

Brother?

 

.

 

.

 

Oh what did I just do.


 

 

_____

A/N: thank you so much for your sub & comments & upvotes! Much love from Rosie