Ghost? [ep.5]

Ghost?

Still Yiyun’s POV

She leaved me.

I went looking for her. I didn’t know where to look but even so I needed to think. I found her on the roof on the edge of the building, staring down.

She just stood there with a cold pain expression, looking down.

Is she wanted to jump? But it’s not use, she a ghost anyway.

There was silence and I felt like I need to speak. “I’m sorry…..about your dad.” I stared quietly and she looked at me funny, her eyes red, but there were no tears.

“You? Sorry” She cracked will small smile disbelief.

“Don’t seem so surprised. What happened to you wasn’t right, nor was it fair. You shouldn’t have been exposed to that at such a young age. Trust me I know.”

“Know what?”

“What’s it like to see someone you love killed right in front of you.” A memory of Sulli flashed in front of my eyes, she dead.

“Both of my parents are dead now, I feel useless, I couldn’t protect them.”

“And when did it become your job to protect them” She shouldn’t take everything on herself.

“It become my job when I can’t bear to see the ones I loved ripped apart of me. Do you know why I become a vampire hunter?”

“For revenge” I guessed.

“No,” she replied through her teeth “I did to protect people, innocent people, so they can live their happy lives. You, vampire need to drink blood, so what? It’s as bad as slaughtering battle, the different is human really fight back. They are monster.”

There was another silence when I asked, “Would you still kill me?”

She was surprised by my question then shrugged. “When we first meet, I wouldn’t have hesitated, but now………….I don’t know. Maybe? Maybe not? I really don’t know. You’re not bad as you appear.”

A small smile crawled across my face.

She was a broken soul and didn’t just kill vampire because they drunk blood but because most were evil and monster.

I yawned, forgetting that I hadn’t sleep for two days.

“You better go to sleep. I don’t want you to sleep in the middle of fight, because I can’t protect you all the time.”

I’s happy to see that she didn’t have the sad face just back to her old self. I smirked. “And who says I need protecting?”

“As I remember, I am the one who saved you from Yixing choking off your head”

I laughed a normal happy laugh. “You did. Thank you, by the way”

I turned away to the door. I was almost at the door when I stopped and faced her again. “Krystal”

“Yes?” she answered looking at me.

“Just so you know I wouldn’t kill you either. You’re not an annoying as you appear and maybe if we weren’t….you know…. a vampire and a human plus vampire hunter, we would be friends”

“or maybe we would still try to kill each other” she added and laugh.

I laughed as well. “Probably?.....see you in the morning”

“Yeah” she replied.

-------------------------

I was almost to my apartment when my phone rang.

“Hello? Oh hi Yifan. What’s up? I don’t expect to hear you so soon. Oh, that’s great. Wait! What?”

 

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean she has less than three days?”

 

-----------------------------

Krystal’s POV

[Last day in morning]

I didn’t sleep that night. I didn’t know why. Maybe It’s because I’m become more likely a ghost?

But sure I don’t.

I don’t know anything anymore.

Or I was thinking about my brother life is going to turn out with no mom, no dad and probably no sister. This is my last day after all.

I don’t understand about my sudden feeling for Yiyun.

‘Oh hell!’ I kicked my foot against a chair and it flied to hit the wall.

‘I shouldn’t like him or even trust him. He’s a vampire. I’m supposed to kill him, not like him.’ I tried to convince myself that I was just hormones. I just attracted to him because of his handsomeness. 

Bu out of two days I have spent with him, I have seen an amazing kind gorgeous man who’s been hurt and scarred and tried to fix himself through pointless drinks and .

That what hurt people do. They find something that in the moment make them feel alive, it’s still kill them inside. And for some reason, I don’t want to see him act like that way. I don’t want him to die at all.

“WHAT THE HELL” Yun’s shout made me jump.

“What?”

“What?” he asked in disbelief. “You kicked my chair and made a giant hole on the wall and you asked me what?”

“Oh yeah, sorry about that. I was really in to my though”

“I could tell that” he replied, sighing, his eyes turning to the wall.

I looked at him and realized that he was just in towel. His dark wet hair, his chest, Damn vampire!

“If you want a photo, I have a camera” he smirked.

“Uh! Don’t flatter yourself” I look away, rolling my eyes, and crossing my arms on my chest.

There is nothing to look at. I tried to convince myself but It’s not work.

When I looked up at him, he was moving toward me. I automatically step back.

“Scared, are you?”

“No”

“Really” he took amused.

He took another step toward me and I took step back.

What the hell was wrong with me?

Oh right! He’s nearly .

“Get dressed” I glared at him, but that stupid face was gorgeous too. “We have stuff to do.”

“Right? Stuff? And what stuff would that be?

“You know … stuff” I finished as he used his vampire speed to close the gap between us.

I gasped and my heart would flutter, if I have it.

“Nervous, kry?” he question, searching my eyes.

“What is there to be scare of? You?”

“I said nervous, ‘not scare’. There is a big difference”

I didn’t know what to say to this, the only thing I though is “Too close! Too close! TOO CLOSE!” I finally manage to speak, my mouth dry. “I think you need to go get some clothes on now”

He started to lean closer. “What if I don’t want to wear clothes?”

I instantly transported across the room away from him.

He surprised.

I threw a pillow at the back of his head and he laughed.

“Go get dressed” I sneered but small smile appeared on my face.

“Come on! Have a little fan!” He said, tossing the pillow back at me and it flew through my head.

“Ow” I acted like it hurt me.

“Oh, please. That didn’t hurt”

“No, but it was rude”

“You throw at me first and it actually hit me” he complained

“so?.....You’re a guy, don’t complain about pillow”

“Aren’t you supposed to be mighty vampire hunter? Don’t act like weak girly girl. Oh! And you’re also a ghost and you say I shouldn’t complain?”

I rolled me eyes, and put my hand on hips. “I’m still a girl”

“Right!” he signed and then looked at me slyly. ”Prove it!”

“WHAT?”

“Prove to me that you’re a girl”

“I…I….I don’t have to prove anything to you” I know what he want. “Now get dressed. I think I have some idea where to start looking for Jessica and you uncle.”

“Fine!”

“Thank”

“You’re not welcome”

-------------------------------------

“School?” he asked in disgust.

“Yeah, she is me now. I have to go school. So she might be in school right now.”

“Oh! Nice car by the way.” I added.

“Thank………………………..but can’t we come back later. It’s the middle of the day”

“Scared of a few high-schooler” I

“of course not. I just don’t like being in large crowds of human”

“Don’t worry I’ll be with you” I patted his back

“That’s not comforting”

“Come one! It’s not that bad” I laughed

“There is reason why I don’t like it.”

“ Why? Don’t you like girl line up to get your attention?” I teased

“I don’t like to be the central of attention”

“oh, don’t be such a baby ”

I turned around and small lady caught my attention

“Hey this is Ms. Kim. She might be able to help us” I rushed toward her and wave at her. I forget she can’t see me. “Hi Ms. Kim”……………..oh she can’t hear me also.

“Hello Ms. Kim right?” Yun greeted her and offered hand sake.

“Yes. How can I help you lovely boy?”  she took hand with smile.

“I’m Yiyun and I was wondering where I might find Krystal” he asked politely.

“And who are you to her?”

“Cousin” I told him what to tell her.

“Boyfriend” he said and quickly glanced at me with a smirk.

“BOYFRIEND? Why in the world would you to be my boyfriend…..er…..It’s should be why in the world I let you be” I exclaimed

Ms. Kim laughed. “Sorry, I find it hard to believe. You see, Krystal isn’t the type to have best friend, much less a boyfriend.”

“What is that supposed to mean? I have plenty of friends………….I just don’t remember their names at the moment.” I defended but she was right. I don’t have many friends. I never let them be. I put up walls to block people from getting to know me.

“Do you want me to prove it.” Yun asked but before Ms. Kim say anything, he continued. “She love challenges. Her favorite season is fall. She like to throw something at you then use her word. She isn’t afraid of heights. Her favorite food is mango and meats. Oh and she is very attractive”.

I was stunned by his answer and it’s seem that Ms. Kim also is.

“Well then, you seem to know a lot about her.”

“I am her boyfriend. It’s sort of my job”

“Of course! Well you see Krystal is not here yet. She is supposed to be here for the art gallery at time now, but the meantime, can you take this to the gallery for me?”

“Of course and oh…if she does show up, can you not tell her about me? I just want to surprise her with dinner”

Ms. Kim smiled. “Yeah, that sound like something she would like.” She quickly returned to her class room, when other students were back in their class.

“This way” of course he didn’t know the way.

“I don’t know you were artist” Yun said.

“Yeah, it helps me relief some stress and that was something my dad taught me” I explained while walking up the stairs. “Why do you know a lot about me?”

“I guess I’m good at noticing things”

“How do you know I like mango and meat?”

“Completely guess. Actually I notice when we pass by food store.”

 

We continued walking but a question continued to play in my mind.

He really couldn’t mean it, could he?

I mean, I’m not that attractive that a guy like him, vampire or not would notice me.

Is he lying? I nervously asked, “You were just kidding about that attractive thing, right?”

“And why in the world would I kid about something like that?” he asked as we turned into gallery.

“Because it’s not true” I snorted.

Yiyun laughed, looking around the room. “Right” he answered. “No wonder why you haven’t had your first kiss” he said like whispering but I still heard him.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

He finally looked at me and his face was……..I don’t know, but it wasn’t something I had seen before and I don’t understand it.

“I means I wasn’t kidding. You are….. very attractive and you seem fun to be around, if you not throwing things, but even then……I can see why Suhun cares for you so much.”

“What?” How did this conversation suddenly get to him?

“You don’t see it?” Yun looked at me with a slightly amused/ confused expression. “You really don’t see it?”

“See what?”

Sighed, “I’m not explaining it to you. And people say guy are oblivious.” He picked the picture up, once again. “Where does this go?”

“Over there”

------------------

While waiting for Jessica in gallery, we talked about art. I find him wired and he fined me wired too. I mean he is a vampire, which normally cold blood and treating life are nothing, but he love painting. And what he said to me is “You’re strange. I mean you’re vampire hunter, yet you’re an artist. It’s not exactly a career, vampire hunters go into. And if they do, they’re not very good, not like yours at least.”

There was no sign of Jessica or Yul and everyone didn’t know where they are. At 4pm, We finally decided to head back to apartment.

-----------------------

Yiyun’s POV

I was driving , but I still glanced over at her and could see the sadness in her eyes.

“Hey, Kry. Are you okay?”

“A long day of nothing , I guess.”

“It’s more than that. You’re worried and you scared.”

She got angry at this. “I Am NOT SCARED!”  She snapped and then she bowed her head, shaking it. “Sorry” She said in a low voice. “I shouldn’t have yelled and yeah”

“Yeah what?”

“I am scared” She admitted, “of dying”

“You’re scared of dying?”

“Like this, just waiting, stuck and just waiting for that damn bright white light to take me” she laughed, coldly. “I never thought I would go out like this. I always thought I would be killed, head chopped off. It would have been ironic, being a vampire hunter and all”

The corners of twitched but a smile never formed. “I doubt it. I should just give up. I mean by the time I find Jessica, it maybe be too late and I probably wouldn’t care or already be dead. I should just leave and let you get on with your life. There’s no point. My dad’s dead, my mom’s dead, my brother….Uh he probably thinks I ran out on him. I might as well die.”

I got angry. I slammed on the brakes, pulling to the side of the road. A few cars honked. I faced her. She was surprised by my action, but I didn’t care. “Don’t say that! Don’t ever say that! Does your life mean so little to you?”

She got angry too. “Why do you care? You get to go back to your life when I’m gone!”

“You can’t just give up. You have to fight. You’re a fighter”

“And what if there’s nothing  worth fighting for?” She screamed back. She suddenly relaxed, her head down in her hands and it sound like she was sobbing. “I’m scared, Yun. I don’t want to die. I’ve barely lived and I don’t want to die.”

I have to cheer her up. “You’re not die, Kry, do you know why?”

“Why?”

“Because of that mouth of yours. You’ll go straight up and they’ll just kick you out, right back down to earth.” I teased with a smile.

Her face lit up a little and she was trying not to crack a smile. “Right?”

“Yeah! They just take one look at you and go, ‘What the hell? Send this one back down. She’s cause nothing but hell up here.’”

She laughed. She’s so beautiful.

Damn I am not supposed to be feeling these towards her.

“Well what about you? What happens when you die?” She asked, smile still on her face.

“And who says I am going to die? I’m vampire.”

“Everyone dies, Yun. Time kills everything, even vampires.” She laughed. “I bet when you die, they look at you and say, ‘What is hell doing in heaven? How in the damn world did he get here?’”

“And who says I will be going to heaven?” I asked

She smirked, titling her head, that made her look extra cute, but then she looked away. “You’re a good man, Yun. You may not know it, but you are. Vampire or not, you’re good in….” she reached out and touched my chest. “In here. You’re scarred but you’re good.”

“I’m scared?”

“Yeah, but don’t worry, some of the best people are. Take me for example”

I laughed. “Right”

She laughed too. “Come on let get back to you place. I hate being in the car with you. You stink.”

I pulled car back onto the street. “You can’t even smell me”

 


 

So Yiyun know that Krystal have only three day but he doesn't ignor her but he still try to help her.

Now you see they really have feeling for each other, just try to control themself.

Oh and Yiyun notice that Suhun also like Krystal too, it just that Krystal is so dense to know it. 

 

I just want to reminde you, after today end, I mean when the morning come; It'll be the day Krystal have to say "BYE BYE"

 

 

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO?