Not me, not you, either

Under Your Skin

They had spent two week in each other’s body by now.

 

Hyesung was recovering marvelously and Eric was feeling like he had never even been in an accident. Their group mates didn't have time to visit them much which was a relief. Eric did his best keeping them updated every day, calling and texting and acting like nothing was wrong at all.

 

And nothing was wrong, except for the tiny part where he was still stuck in the wrong body.

 

What worried Eric was not their group mates finding out or the lack of progress on their reversal. No, what worried him was Hyesung’s increasingly disturbing attitude towards him.

 

When alone he seemed content. Very content, indeed. Even happy. As soon as he could move around without feeling pain in every step, Hyesung started spending more time in front of the mirror, trying on his different suits. The way how he observed his form from all possible angles made Eric feel very uneasy. Like a wolf eyeing its prey.

 

‘This looks great on me’ or ‘should I grow out my beard?’ were just some of the comments Eris overheard when Hyesung thought he was in the other room watching TV or sleeping. He did not mean to eavesdrop but Hyesung’s behavior worried him. He seemed to be talking to himself too much, even discussing things on his own.

 

So maybe ‘Eric’ was returning to his original body, yet Eric himself didn’t feel like Hyesung was taking back control.

 

Another worry of his was the way Hyesung sometimes looked at him. As if he knew something that he didn’t. It was a bothersome, prying look and it made Eric shiver in displeasure. Had he always been this creepy?

 

Worst of all, however, were the strictly set rules Eric still had to obey. Those hadn’t changed. He was still instructed as of what to wear and when to change and showering was almost not worth it anymore as Hyesung had decided that three minutes was more than enough for him to wash. He always had to cook and wasn't allowed much more than to watch TV or sleeping. The draconic rules of Hyesung were wearing him down, making him doubt his own reliability. Maybe he truly was a ert because those few moments of being able to touch his skin were Eric’s heaven.

 

‘I’m disgusting’ he finally decided when drying his hair in the bathroom. The thought of touching Hyesung made him happy. 

 

More than anything, though, he wanted to switch back. This was tiring. He would once again be allowed to touch himself as much as he wanted without being weirded out about it. His mind and his body weren’t agreeing- his mind willing yet his body stubborn. It was as if Hyesung had put a curse on him and now was enjoying the torment.

 

I’m going out’ Hyesung said as he looked in the mirror one last time before putting his shoes on.

 

It was Saturday evening so a natural thing to do for a handsome guy like him. Eric looked up from the cushion he had spent the past hour pressing his face into and nodded. It must be nice to be able to go out just like in the days before-

 

Wait.

 

‘You what?’ Eric screamed a few octaves higher than he had expected. Instead of lounging on the couch, he jumped to his feet in an instant, rushing over and grabbing at the side of the jacket the taller was wearing.

 

‘Have you finally lost it, Pilkyo? You can NOT go out and the are you dressed up all fancy like that?’

 

It wasn’t everyday Eric cursed but right now he wanted to do much more than just curse.

 

‘And your body isn’t fully recovered. The doctor said three weeks minimum. There’s no way I’m letting you go’

 

Hyesung didn’t seem affected by those words, calmly taking Eric’s hands and prying them away, smoothing the creases out of the fabric before speaking.

 

‘I believe it’s more weird that you don't go out, Eric. With looks like this, wouldn't it be a waste? Your girlfriend texted me and asked how I was doing after the accident and I decided to grab the opportunity. We’re meeting at a club, don’t wait up for me tonight’

 

Eric stared at him wide-eyed, not wanting to quite believe what he had just heard. Hyesung was meeting with his what?

 

‘But I don’t have a girlfriend-’

 

‘Ok. Fine. No need to find faults in the details. Your ex-girlfriend, ok? Happy? She texted, I texted back. We got on quite well and I took the liberty of proposing a late night run in-’

 

A late night what?

 

‘Incredible’ Eric shook his head, still not wishing to acknowledge the reality of this, ‘you got together with my ex-girlfriend? Do you even have any ideas why I broke up with her?’

 

The nasty sly grin on the other's face had Eric guessing that he indeed had some ideas.

 

‘I might have’

 

Eric took a step back, shaking his head, hoping he would wake up or something.

 

‘Why would you do this to me?’ he felt his eyes glaze over, not being able to hold back a sob. Was Hyesung being so mean to him on purpose? This kind of behavior- so unlike him.

 

‘That’s so cute, Eric’, Hyesung cooed as he took a step closer to the other, grabbing his chin and making him look in his eyes, ‘maybe if you find yourself a nice enough boyfriend I will let both of you have some fun with my body-’ he laughed and patted his cheek.

 

‘Didn’t you want to be pretty and cute? Congratulation on your wish coming true’ he gave him a small peck on the lips and a wink, ‘although you should work more on the pretty part because your snotty face is anything but pretty right now’ and with that he left him standing there in the corridor, tears rolling down his cheeks.

 

What was happening? This type of thing- Eric grabbed his chest and tried to stop himself from crying. He had never done this before. He was composed, calm, even when hurt he kept things on inside. Weeping like this- His whole body shook and he broke down on the floor, ugly gasps resounding in the whole apartment. What the hell was wrong with him? Even Gomdori was scared, having hidden somewhere under the couch.

 

Eric didn’t know how much time had passed but he knew he had cried a lot when his eyes ran out of tears. They had become dry and were hurting. He tried to stop sobbing, tried to reason with himself, tried to understand what this reaction was until he didn't seen any other solution as to call the only person he could trust. He took Hyesung’s phone out, dialing the number of the person which seemed like the only savior in his sea of misery.

 

‘Junjin-’ he sniffed when the younger picked up after three beeps, ‘I need you here’, he managed to choke out before breaking down in tears again. 


tbc.

 

A/N: Drama, drama everywhere. I think Hyesung broke Eric or something. Aww... Also, short chapter. I'm not sure why do I keep trying this romantic comedy thing when what I really want is drama. And fantasy. A fantasy drama. Next time, I'll stick to that. Also, FINALLY will the other memebers appear. Like, actually talk and do things.

Anywho, to all of you who are reading, thanks! To the ones who are also commenting, also a big thanks! ;D

Personally, I would criticize the crap out of this story so that I can get my together and start writing better. Which is what I'm doing on the side (although I do think I have way too many projects going on as of right now). I am really unable to do this chapter-per-chapter thing. I'm struggling here. Next time I need to write the whole story and then post it in parts. Why am I still talking? Is it because the chapter was too short? So unrefined. Sorry everyone and please keep reading <3