Scary Storm

My 12 "Flower-Boy" Big Brothers

So Dojin, Bomi, Hankook, and I went to our usual hangout at the nearest noraebang. It feels different this time because I have people to worry about me and miss me.. and well to be honest I kind of miss them. Sure ... they are weird and annoying sometimes.. but aren't all brothers like that?

"Jiae-yah? Are you gonna sing us something?" Hankook smirked while sitting next to Jiae then wrapped his arm around her. She snapped herself back to reality. 

"O-oh..? Me? I'm too shy.. you know that Hankookie." Jiae pouted and used her aegyo charms without even trying.

"Aigoo~ How can I win with you Jiae? You're soooo cute~ Oppa just wants to squish you!!" Hankook grinned and fanboyed over her. She blushed and shyly looked up at him.

"O-Oppa..?" She questioned while tilting her head to the side in confusion. 

Hankook and Dojin just stared at her in disbelief. She was so shy and adorable that when she says the word "Oppa" they both started having bloody noses. She had that big of an impact on the silly boys. Bomi was just enjoying her best friend's innocent ways.

"H-Hankook Oppa.. Dojin Oppa.. your noses are bleeding.." The innocent cutie grabbed napkins and tried to help her guy pals not bleed anymore. They nearly died.

"Omo... What to do?? Jiae I might just die stahp~" Hankook whimpered and pounded his chest.

"Jiae-yah.. your innocence is so cute." Dojin said shyly while looking at the floor the whole time.

"Tsk tsk tsk. And you boys are supposed to eventually grow up and become men later on? Aigoo.." Bomi shook her head in disappointment. She then giggled.

"Hey now Bomi dear~ are you being jealous?" Hankook smirked again and placed his other arm around Bomi. She glared at him in disgust then he retracted his arm, scared.

"Why would I be?? Aish!" Bomi pouted.

"Now now guys.. erm.. let's sing I guess-" Jiae tried to make amends with everyone but she got interrupted by a phone call. Her cell phone was ringing and the caller ID said that it was Xiumin.

"Hello????!!" Xiumin asked when Jiae put her phone to her ear.

"Oh? Neh Oppa?" Jiae said calmly. Xiumin was about to burst.

"Yah!!! Are you crazy!?? WHERE ARE YOU?? OPPA WILL COME AND GET YOU. TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE!" He panicked. 

"Aish. Oppa! Why? What's wrong?" Jiae asked.

"WHAT'S WRONG?? MY BABY GIRL IS OUT SOMEWHERE LATE AT NIGHT AND A THUNDERSTORM WILL BE HITTING SOON! TT" Xiumin exclaimed.

I froze. What did he say? A... A .. A thunderstorm? Uh oh. What should I do? I'm terrified of thunderstorms.. I've been alone for so long that it freaks me out whenever there's a thunderstorm. I hide under my bed in fear and cry to myself. Should I tell Xiumin Oppa to pick me up or...? But my friends..

"Jiae-yah?" 

I turned around and someone entered our room. My friends looked at him in awe and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Kai Oppa. What was he doing here?

"K-Kai Oppa..?" Jiae looked at him with a blank face. She was totally caught of guard. She hung up the phone and looked at her brother.

"Jiae. Oppa is here to bring you home.." He said awkwardly and rubbed his nape because he doesn't know what to do exactly. She blushed slightly and headed over towards him. 

"Hellooooooo!!!" All of Jiae's friends stood up and bowed to greet Jiae's Oppa.

"Oh? H-hi.." Kai said shyly and looked around. 

"Guys. Did you know there is going to be a thunderstorm tonight? We better cancel our plans and head home." Jiae said feeling worried about everyone and herself.

"Oh r-really??" Hankook's mouth was wide open.

"Will you be alright?" Dojin asked, the only one knowing her secret.

"Mm.. I think so." Jiae looked at the ground in shame.

"Well how are we gonna get home??" Bomi panicked.

"Don't worry. I'll bring all of you guys home. I got off of work and brought my car." Kai suggested.

"Oh yeah.. Oppa! How did you know I was here..?" Jiae questioned.

"Well.. I came home and Xiumin Hyung was panicking so I asked Suho and Chen where you were and they told me, so I rushed over to you." Kai admitted.

"Whoa.. Oppa you are so cool." Jiae nodded in admirement.

"Erm.. well. Let's get everyone home now."

Kai Oppa drove my friends and I around and dropped off Hankook and Bomi right away. I sat in the back with Dojin because he knows how scared I am of thunderstorms. He let me rest my head on his shoulder and whispered to me that everything will be okay. I'm so thankful to have an awesome friend like him.. Thank you Dojin-ah.

"We're here Dojin-ah." Kai said while clearing his throat.

"O-oh! Right!" Dojin gently woke Jiae up so they could part their ways and she hugged him goodbye. Dojin felt so shy and nervous he wasn't sure what to do. So he quickly thanked Kai then ran inside his house.

"Jiae-yah~ Come sit up front with me.. okay?" Kai patted the passenger seat as she got out of the car and climbed into the front seat. 

"Kai Oppa.." Jiae said in a hushed voice.

"Oh? What's wrong?" He turned to look at his baby sister who was on the verge of crying and was as pale as a ghost. Her whole body looked like it was shaking in fear.

"I'm sc-scared.." 

"Omo.. Jiae." Kai panicked and then quickly pulled his baby sister into a hug as his cheeks lighted up slightly. He felt the urge to protect her. He then rubbed her back for comfort. "Shh.. everything's gonna be alright. I promise you." 

"Oppa. I've always been scared because I've been alone and thunderstorms scare me to death.. and I feel like we should stop somewhere until the storm passes.. Please Oppa I beg you." Jiae bawled and then looked up at her brother. Kai felt something weird on the inside and agreed.

"Understood."

Kai Oppa ended up driving us to a nearby church. It was empty and raining heavily and I sat down, hugged my knees, and hid my face. Kai Oppa must've been concerned for me and probably couldn't think of what to do. So I began to cry as I heard the scary thunder noises from outside, and flashes of lightening shined through the glass windows. 

"Jiae-yah. Oppa will protect you." Kai said quietly as he took off his jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders then pulled her quickly into his arms. Jiae continued to cry and he kept comforting her until the stormed passed.

[11:30 pm - After the storm passed]

Somehow, Jiae ended up falling asleep on Kai's shoulder, as his arm was around her and he rested his head on top of hers and he woke up, realizing it was all over. He yawned and stretched and then turned to see his cute baby sister, sleeping on his shoulder. Kai tried to wake her up gently.

"Jiae-yah. Wake up sis. The storm's over." He said as he ran his fingers thru her hair to push the loose strands away from her face and he just stared at her innocent sleeping face. He felt weird again. His heart started pounding and he felt the urge to kiss her. He strangely leaned in and closed his eyes.

I couldn't hear anymore scary noises and it felt as if I was sleeping on someone's shoulder. Was the storm over now? Maybe I should wake up and check. I blinked my eyes several times and then yawned and rubbed my eyes to wake up fully, when I saw Kai Oppa's face a few inches away from mine. My eyes grew wide.

Kai opened his eyes as well, feeling a weird sensation again and then his eyes met up with Jiae's. They blinked and looked at each other for a while until finally Kai backed up and stood up while ruffling his hair in frustration. His face was also slightly red.

"Uhm. S-sorry." Kai cleared his throat again then reached out his hand to Jiae who was feeling shy as well. She looked up at him and then his hand before finally slipping her hand in his as he pulled her up onto her feet.

"Er.. thanks." She thanked him then looked away, with blushed cheeks. They both didn't seem to realize that they were just standing there and holding hands.

Until finally Kai noticed and his eyes grew wide a bit and then he let go of her hand feeling extremely nervous now. This time Jiae was the one to clear to avoid awkwardness.

"I guess the storm's over now.. can we go home?" She slowly looked up at Kai. Kai relaxed a bit then ruffled her hair with a smile.

"Yeah. Let's get you home. It's really late and Xiumin Hyung must be running around the house like a headless chicken." He joked. Jiae giggled and then followed him off to his car.

[At home]

"We're home." Kai said as he and Jiae removed their shoes at the entrance.

That's weird .. where is everyone? Did they all fall asleep during the storm and forget about me? Aww. But I missed everyone. If it weren't for Kai.. who knows what would've happened.

"Maybe they're in the living room?" Jiae looked at Kai in worry. He nodded and followed behind her.

They entered the living room and saw everyone sleeping all over the living room area. They were all sprawled out, some sleeping next to each other or on top of one another. Jiae couldn't help but giggle at how cute she thought her brothers were because she knew they all worried about her. And that's what matters most to her at the moment. Her brothers. Her family ♡


 

A/N: Hey guys!!! As I was writing this story I was in a thunderstorm .. and I'm terrified of them like Jiae.. so this chappie idea just came to me and I had to write it. And yay! It's a looooonnnngggg update! Hehe. Hope you enjoy it!! Leave a comment about your thoughts so far :) bye~