Acception

Not That Straight Afterall

 

Luhan was seated inside the police station with Leon wiggling happily on his lap and the elder couldn't help but to feel burdened by the fact that the boy made him look like a father. A lot of women would give him looks, either disgusted or loving ones. Depends on what they exactly had in their minds. A sigh of exhaustion had escaped out of Luhan's lips as he just wished for everything would come to an end as fast as possible. After twenty minutes of waiting, the receptionist had finally called out of his name in the signal that it was his turn to talk to an officer. Luhan picked the boy up in his arms and scurried himself away to the room that he was being sent into. 

 

He felt slightly uncomfortable. Inside the room was absolutely nothing but a table and four chairs, then a big mirror on the wall which he assumes was a secret camera. Or maybe it was just a simple mirror, the CSI obsession had made him more aware of his surroundings. He took a seat across from the Officer who had a pen and a note in their hands and Luhan awkwardly cleared his throat to make sure they knew that he was inside the room. 

Very shortly, the officer lifted his gaze upwards and stared at the person in front of him with a serious look. 

 

''So, what can I help you with today?'' The officer asked. 

''T-This . . boy,'' Luhan said and nudged the boy on his lap, ''Is not mine.'' 

The officer's brow quirked in a questioning manner, ''Excuse me?'' 

''N-No, I mean-'' He cleared his throat, ''This boy followed me home and I don't know where his parents are. He's lost.''

''....Okay,'' the officer said shortly and eyed the boy who seemed to be hiding his face into the nape of Luhan's neck. ''Will you please specify?''

Luhan cleared his throat, ''Well yesterday I was walking home and suddenly I realized that his boy was following me. I tried to ask him where his parents were and where did he come from but he wouldn't say a word and I have no idea of what to do.''

The officer nodded and wrote everything down in their laptop, not having their eyes set on Luhan nor the kid at all. ''I will report him as a missing child and hopefully we will get a response sooner or later.'' 

Luhan blinked confused, ''Yes thank you but what about the kid?'' 

Leon looked up at the older male with a pout jutting out of his lip, tightly tugging onto the collar of their shirt as if he was indicating that he didn't like the current situation. Luhan sighed and felt completely uneasy. 

''Unfortunately he has to stay with you until we get a call from any of his family members,'' The officer stated, ''I believe that is not a problem for you. There is nothing much we can do after all.'' 

''A-Ah no, of-course not.'' Luhan lied, looking at the little boy in guilt. 

 

 

The report had gone as nothing of what Luhan had expected. He had actually believed that the officers would be a lot more professionals according to this especially dealing with a lost child. Luhan was confused with the entire concept, he was being called a daddy, it made Luhan wonder if the kid's parents never taught him that talking to strangers was awfully dangerous. 

 

Somewhat, Luhan was glad that the child had run into him. It could be some other dangerous person, nobody knows. Luhan sighed in defeat, staring at the boy in front of him who seemed to be too preoccupied with the ice-cream in front of him. Luhan's brows knitted together as he frowned in exhaustion. What was he supposed to do? The boy can't live in a foster home, neither is the boy allowed to go anywhere since the kid was now one of Luhan's responsibilities. 

 

Luhan wasn't sure of how Sehun would like the fact that a kid is living with them. Heck, Sehun couldn't even approve of Luhan's stay. Then how the was he able to-

 

 

''Yes.'' Sehun replied nonchantly.

''What,'' Luhan looked at him in disbelief.

''Yes, but as long as he's under your responsibility.'' Sehun replied nevertheless, ''If your get busted, don't you dare blame it on me.'' Luhan didn't know what to feel right now, all he was able to hear was the thoughts running inside his head. 

 

He began to count all the money he had to spend on the kid, for his clothes, money, and maybe even daycare. Luhan fell down onto his bed in disbelief, not believing that this was actually happening. His eyes set wide as his chest completely numb. 

 

''I am a teenage father,'' Luhan said in terror, fear and disgust eating him up. As far as he was concerned, the officer had thrown the boy to Luhan's old hands. They were even completely aware of that Luhan was still a kid. Luhan wandered around his room, trying to solve this nightmare alone. But his parents must be worried, right? Any parent would be freaking out to have their child gone.

 

''No, it's okay Lu Han. His parents will come and your life will be all normal again.''

 

Luhan looked up on the clock and saw it was already 9PM. It has been more than 24 hours but why hasn't there been a single report about a missing child. As Luhan was stuck in the middle of his own thoughts, a high pitched voice had interrupted Luhan's daydreaming.

 

''I'm hungry!'' Leon whined, kicking and sprawling his legs in the ear as he was messing up Luhan's bed completely. 

Luhan felt his shoulders falling as he watched the boy in defeat. Even if Luhan did not know the boy, he already knew that it was way past his bed-time. But as weak as his heart was, how could he resist to such a cute face like him? 

 

''Okay, fine let's go see if we have some ramen.'' Luhan said, walking out of the door and soon the little boy scurried after him. 

 

 


i've literally been away for almost an entire year and so much has happened to exo

i cant even begin

oh well welcome baaack and i've decided to start this fic meh