Gullible

Not That Straight Afterall

 

When Luhan wakes up, Sehun is nowhere to be found. And he'd be lying if he didn't feel a bit relieved from the memories of last night. Though he understood the fact that he didn't have the right to touch other people's belongings without their permission, he still thought the other should have been thankful for cleaning up all their . I mean, who wouldn't be happy to have their cleaned after them? Luhan would be grateful, but then again, Luhan was a natural neaty person so that wouldn't be his problem. 

 

After finished getting ready, he grabbed his bagpack and walked out of his room, hoping to see anybody who seemed approachable nearby. Unfortunately, no one noticed his presence and continued to walk by him as if he was a poster hanging on the wall. Luhan frowned at the loneliness and mentally prepared himself for what has to come as being the 'new-kid' 

 

Very unlikely Luhan, 

As for Sehun he was quite enjoying his time. He met all of his friends at the caféteria and surprisingly, there were a lot of people surrounding them as if they were in an interview. But the reason soon clicked right in his mind once he noticed that Wu Yifan was sharing the same table. Well, of-course. Yifan was very popular among all the guys at school, and having the opportunity to sit right next to him would make him look quite popular too. Right? Well that was what Sehun thought until Zitao appeared into the scene, causing an awkward tension between them both.

 

Remember when he mentioned that Zitao and Yifan didn't really get along? Well yeah...

 

Zitao shot the elder a dirty look before grabbing Sehun by the sleeve and dragged him away, gripping hard onto him in case Sehun might run away although that would be 0.1% accurate. Sehun glared at the elder, yanking his wrist off his grasp and sighed. 

 

''What is wrong with you.'' Sehun said more of a statement than a question. 

 

Zitao furrowed his brows and crossed his arms, ''Why are you hanging around with the-one-who-shall-not-be-named?'' 

 

Sehun quirked a brow at the lame remark, ''The one who shall not be named? Come on, you're being ridiculous. And for your information, Chanyeol is my friend too and Yifan just happened to be there.'' 

 

Zitao blinked, half in belief and half was not. ''So.. You guys are not friends?'' He asked, he just had to make sure.

 

Sehun shook his head, ''Of-course not.''

 

''Good, because I told him to stay away from you.''

 

''What.''

 


 

Sehun would never wake up extra early for school, in fact, it'd take a real damn reason for him to leave the bed. If it weren't for his damn room-mate, Sehun would've been in bed at the moment enjoying all the warmth and softness his blankets could bring. But the risk of having to converse with the chinese kid was not what Sehun exactly wanted. It wasn't because of Sehun's lack of motivation, he just disliked seeing them breathing around him and if he was to aim a fist at their face he'd be in some deep . He couldn't afford a list of inappropriate behaviour in his report card. To his parents, when it comes to education, they turn real strict. 

 

Both doctors, both graduated from Harvard, and both well-employed. So if Sehun wanted to cause some trouble, leaving his tracks unnoticed is a MUST or else that's a big no-no. 

 

He remembered his exact words from last night and he swore he could remember the rage he felt inside his chest. It wasn't pretty nor comfortable. If Sehun didn't have an argument with his selfish mother the same night, he wouldn't have been so mad which also meant he would be able to restrain himself instead of snapping at his room-mate. 

 

''I'll say this right now and clear_ Dare to stay on my way, I'll hurt you real slow and painfully.'' Sehun hissed into the other's ear before unreleasing his grip from their collar and stomped his way into his bedroom. 

 

He could see the terror in their eyes, it was mixed with confusion, shock and anger. If Sehun could take it back, he definitely would but it was too late now. Besides, coming to the chinese kid and apologize for his recent actions would be a real embarrassment. So when Sehun saw Luhan walking towards his way, both of them sent each other glares and Sehun whispered,

 

''Loner.''

 

'' off.''

 

Sehun's jaw clenched tightly with his brows furrowed in irritation. As soon as Luhan was completely out of his sight, he had a feeling that this year will not be a peaceful one. He was definitely sure of it. 

 


 

 

''Goodmorning everyone, it's a pleasure to see all of you kids again and it's nice to know that nobody left the previous year so we all remain the same. However, before I start on anything new, I want to inform you guys that we got a new student here today. Please stand up from your seat.'' Mrs.Jung informed, her head turning around and so did the rest of the class.

 

Luhan took a deep breath and mentally told himself not to be nervous and that everything will be okay. So he stood up from his desk and spoke out loud and clear, ''Hello, I'm Luhan and I'm from China.'' After his short introduction, he received multiple greetings and the girl's row started whispering and gossiping around. A couple of giggles coming from the girls made Luhan nervous. Were they backstabbing him already? He didn't want to know.

 

''Thank you Luhan, you can sit down now. And you should be lucky to have two chinese classmates here already. You can talk to Fei and Yixing during the break.'' She quickly said with a gentle smile, trying to give him a hint to relax because his nervousness was really showing. When Luhan sat back down, a female and a male gave him a slight bow, and he immediately assumed they were the people his teacher was talking about. And so, Luhan did the same. 

 

After two hours of listening to Mrs.Jung constantly babbling about what she will be expecting from them and what they should be expecting from her, also about all the school-trips, events, activities, school competitions and the amount of preparation they're going to go through for Senior year were a lot more nerve-wrecking that he had expected. So when the bell rang, notifying the Juniors that they were all dismissed, it was a relief to everyone. 

 

Luhan slipped out a groan and leaned his back against his chair, throwing his head back in exhaustion and stretched his arms. Before he could return back to his previous position, he found a bunch of people surrounding his desk, throwing him a bunch of questions he couldn't catch up on. But gladly, he could understand a little bit since his Korean was still pretty awful. 

 

By the amount of questions they threw at him, it started to give him a slight headache. He sighed and rubbed his temples to restrain himself from snapping at anyone. He promised to himself he'd give off a friendly impression on the first day of school. But before he could break his own promise, the guy from earlier finally showed up and pulled him from his seat, gently dragging him away from the crowd. 

 

''Thank you.'' Luhan muttered under his breath, sighing a little to himself. The stranger slipped out a brief chuckle and gently patted their shoulder. 

 

''You seem to be getting a lot of attention already.'' They paused, ''So, I can already see that you like it here.'' He said with a bit of sarcasm.

 

Luhan turned his head to face him, giving him a look of disbelief, ''Are you kidding me? Man that woman can talk.'' 

 

They laughed at his remark, ''Oh yeah, well. Not a lot of people like her because once she opens , she can't close it.'' 

 

Luhan furrowed his brows, not knowing what to say. But he didn't have to worry since the other already spoke up.

 

''Anyway, I'm Yixing and you are?'' He extended his hand out, waiting for the other to shake. 

 

''I'm Luhan.'' He smiled, gently took their hand in his and shook it lightly. So far, everything's going great and he was happy to know that he had already made a friend. Not so much of a loner now, right Sehun? 

 

During their conversation, Luhan and Yixing have learnt a lot about each other. Like for example Yixing was in the basketball team, he'd always bring his own lunch because he despised the food the school made, Yixing can do Christina imitation, he play different instruments, sometimes he even composes his own songs, he is a forgetful person and lastly he really loves purple.

 

As for Yixing, he had learnt that Luhan's Korean was quite awful but he's learning unusually fast. Luhan is a kpop-fan, he loves meat, plays soccer quite frequently and also he's allergic to alcohol and seafood. As for his grades, they were above average but not high enough to be considered a nerd, also his room mate is apparantly an . He didn't specify who though, and neither did he he want to ask because it was none of his business. 

 

Yixing insisted Luhan to join the soccer team, but he kept on resisting after seeing how great the players were. During the break-time, Luhan showed off his soccer skills to Yixing, and he kept on implying that he was better than the rest but Luhan refused to believe the other. He assumed they were over-complimenting him just to make him join the soccer team, which is never going to happen anyway.

 

Yixing was a great companion and Luhan would love to hang out with him some more. But when Yixing had to excuse himself to spend some time with his own friends, Luhan understood that and decided to spend his last break at the library. Expecting to read some interesting books about the History, he ended up making paper airplanes instead. It wasn't that he found it boring, he just had a hard time to concentrate.

 

So, he just let the time pass while he does completely nothing... 

 

 


 

''Hey, Sehun!'' Chanyeol called him from behind, interrupting his conversation with Zitao, though it wasn't like he really cared anyway. He sent him a smile with Yifan walking right next to him, causing Zitao to feel slightly uncomfortable.

 

''Oh hey, Chanyeol..and Yifan.'' It took a moment for Sehun to realize that he was standing right next to him.

 

''Can we.. uhm, talk in private?'' Chanyeol asked, quickly glancing at Zitao who seemed to be shooting lazer guns at him.

 

Sehun turned around, receiving a 'Don't-you-dare' look but he quickly insisted that it was okay and went away with the two taller males to have their private conversation. Zitao groaned out of frustration and stomped away. 

 

''So, what'sup?'' Sehun asked, still confused of why they wanted to talk to him in private. 

 

''Me and Yifan needed new basketball players for our team.'' They straightforwardly informed and immediately Sehun got the hint, but he was contemplating if whether they wanted him to join or if he knew any good basketball players.

 

He quirked a brow, slightly hesitating, ''And you guys want me to join your team?'' 

 

They all nodded with wide grins. Sehun didn't know what to say, it was true that he has always wanted to join the basketball team but never got the opportunity to show the players what he can do. And the main reason he didn't go for a try out was because Yifan was the captain and well, Zitao would really hate him if he went for it. But now, it was about what he wanted and not Zitao. . He was quite sure of that Zitao would be respecting his decision anyway.

 

But unfortunately,

''Leave the team now.'' Zitao demanded. 

 

''I can't leave the team now, I've barely joined. I just accepted the offer.'' Sehun defended himself, quite irritated by how his life is basically ruled by Zitao's choices.

 

''Then cancel the offer.'' He said as if it was easier than done.

 

Sehun sighed, ''Zitao, I am going to play basketball because I like it not because Yifan is there. I mean, who cares if he's there.. We're in the same school, should I move to another one as well?'' 

 

Zitao's jaw tightened, ''Whatever.'' He said and headed towards a different way. Just when he had left, Sehun was already standing in front of his door. He slipped out a groan, throwing his bag across the room and lied down next to the dish table. It has been a really long day and all Sehun wanted was some silence. He skipped lunch today to finish all of his tasks, that'd probably be the reason why he currently had a real bad headache. And also maybe because he had to deal with Zitao's constant nagging about the one who shall not be named.

 

, all the headache is turning him into Tao.

 

Speaking of wanting some silence, he heard the door knob twist, his room-mate has already returned.

 

''S-Sehun..'' The words stuck in the Chinese male's throat, obviously struggling or either hesitating to speak of what exactly he did wrong this time. Based on the nervous look and the pre-sweat forming on his forehead, Sehun was preparing himself for the worst. 

''What.'' An annoyed sound came from the younger, his eyes basically stabbing right through the Chinese male. 

 

Instead of speaking, Luhan rubbed the nape of his neck with anxiety and kept his gaze lowered down. He had no idea how to exactly explain his current trouble into words, especially with that glare focused on him. So once he opened his mouth to speak, not a single word came out __ but instead a high-pitched baby-like sound was heard under Luhan's shirt.

''Papa..''

 

Sehun's eyes widened out of shock as his heart stopped beating for a minute. It can't be...