Chapter 2

Timeless Love

“You are going to meet him tomorrow” She repeats still grinning at me.

      “Meet who? YS?” I ask back.

      “Yes darling! Dad’s friend said he’ll take you to him tomorrow so that you two can spend some alone time and think about this proposal”

      A shiver runs down my spine. And that thrill is a completely different one which I usually get when I get ready to go to fan signs or events. My whole body starts trembling and my heart rate rises like insanely. I take a deep breath and hold it for a couple of seconds. I don’t have anything to say.

      “He said he’ll be here at noon. Get ready to meet your future husband, my grown up daughter” Omma says patting my head.

      “I’m going to meet him? Where?” I ask.

      My mind didn’t even plan on the words; they just jumped out.

      “At their company”

      “DSP? Are you kidding me? Fans are not allowed there!” I snap.

      “Oh honey, you aren’t a fan anymore don’t forget that” Omma says and ruffles my hair.

      Okay I don’t like her tone. She’s completely into this thing! She really is taking it pretty seriously while I’m still trying to figure out what the hell am I going to do!

      “I don’t want to go. He would run away if he sees me!” I say backing off and returning to my room.

      “Are you crazy? He must be dying to meet you” She says sitting beside me on my bed.

      “Are you crazy? Why would he ever die to meet a crazy fan of his who’s suddenly going to be his future wife without any kind of warning or pre-warning or whatever warning… I don’t even know what I’m talking about anymore” I say looking down.

      “You are just nervous sweetie. Look at him, don’t you love him?” She says pointing his poster.

       His eyes are beaming at me, his lips being the most delicious thing ever. His cheeks being the puffiest thing ever and his hands… I quickly shut down my inner fan-girl.

      “I don’t know omma, I don’t think I can do this” I say sighing.

      “Don’t worry. Dad’s friend will be there. Just go and meet him. Don’t jump onto him asking for his autograph, try to look at him in a future-husband way okay? You’ll do fine!” She says giving me a kiss on the forehead.

      I lie down again and omma leaves the room. I peek at his poster again but take my eyes off of it quickly. This is like a dream, a bad dream; a nightmare mostly. I don’t know why I don’t want this to happen. Wishing for marrying your bias when you are being just a fan-girl and actually marrying him with everyone’s acceptance is like two huge different things which can scare you to death.

 

I suddenly wake up from my unaware nap. I didn’t even know I was sleeping. I look at the time. I have slept for more than two hours. Oh no! I had paperwork to do. I quickly crawl myself to the desk and sit on my chair. My desk is a complete messed up disaster. I throw away all the unwanted files and grab the needed ones. My mind is completely messed up with this entire proposal thing but I cannot let this stuff affect my work. I got this job with hard work and I got to keep up.

      I do the paperwork quickly and start on the storyboards. Why am I drawing these things? Shouldn’t they be drawn by the director? Why am I the one to do this? What if I draw something stupid and they reject it? I’m supposed to be the… 4th? Or 5th assistant director who gets like no single attention at the set. I don’t know why they decided to hand me to draw half of the story boards while I’m being just a newbie. I try to find some of my old storyboards I did back in the university as those things might give me a good idea but they are just nowhere to be found! Oh god I’m stuck; I need some water.

      I stand up and leave my room to get some water. As I go into the kitchen omma gives me a huge grin.

      “Wae?” I ask in an annoyed tone.

      “You came here to ask information about your little trip to DSP tomorrow right?” She asks.

      “Are you kidding? I’m stucked with my paperwork and you are just… but anyway what am I supposed to say to him? Oh hey Young Saeng! This is me, your future wife, deal with it?”

      “Oh you silly girl. Don’t say anything! Just act shy and all so he’ll fall for you in a millisecond”

      “But I’m usually not shy” I make a face at her.

      “That’s why I’m asking you to act shy! So he won’t get scared”

      “I don’t want to show a fake person to my bias. I have never acted shy in front of him at fan signs or anything. I’ve always been myself and… well I don’t know what he thought about me though; he was too busy to even run away. I mean there are like hundreds of girls queued up to get the autograph and I’m just one person and-”

      “You are going off-topic” Omma pats my arm.

      “What off-topic? I was telling the truth. I seriously don’t know what his reaction will be tomorrow and I’m really very nervous for this. I don’t want to go at all but you are not even listening to me. I have no other choice but to go and I don’t know I might even end up running away! For god sake he’s my idol! I don’t know whether I can ever look at him in that future-husband way, I mean that’s really weird and wrong like very wrong” I blabber.

      “Oh don’t worry! Everything’s going to be fine. Dad’s friend said he will introduce you two to each other. Try your best to be the least fan-girl you can so that he won’t get scared. Tell him you’re not a fan if it’s possible so he won’t be annoyed or anything if you’re this scared” Omma says.

      “Not a fan?” I ask immediately.

      “Yeah I mean if he look at you in the fan-girl way then he might even say no to this and we both don’t want to it to happen right?” She asks.

      “Omma! I see him in an idol way! And you’re telling me he would be the only to reject this? Are you seriously out of your mind? Why don’t you ever care about my feelings? My fears?”

      “Oh sweetheart, I do care about yours. Just meet him and see at least what kind of a person he is”

      “I know what kind of a person he is; I don’t have to meet him for that. I know him from eleven years” I say in a proud tone.

      “Okay, okay. I’m not going to argue with your knowledge of SS501 okay? Finish the paperwork and go to sleep. You don’t have work tomorrow right? Wake up early okay so that you can be ready when dad’s friend comes. He’ll be here at noon” She says.

      “Yeah, yeah I know” My tone turns to an annoyed one.

      I drink some water and go upstairs and sit down to finish my work again. I’m half asleep as I continue to work. I even skipped dinner because of work. My eyes start hurting as I finish the work and stand up. It’s past midnight, almost dawn. I walk up to the mirror and take a look. My mouth drops open with the sight of my eye bags. I’ve got the worst dark circles in the century! Oh no! I don’t want to meet Saengie like this! Uh-oh that nickname gives me chills too now! ‘Saengie’ sounded so cute till now but it’s really very shocking right now. It’s like calling a whole stranger with a nickname without even being close to him. Ah mweoya! I know Saengie the most, why am I feeling like this?

      I should just get a shower. I go to the bathroom and just stay under the cold shower for a couple of minutes. It’s really very cold but I don’t want to change the temperature. My body trembles suddenly as I remember my meeting with him today. I really don’t get this nervous for concerts and other events; yes it’s nerve-wracking but this is just… I’m scared. What if he rejects me? What if he suddenly thinks I’m some crazy fan-girl who’s coming after him with this whole lie of arrange marriage? How am I going to prove him that even I’m shocked with this? He would think this is all a part of an act right? I mean that’s pretty obvious. If I was him and someone came up to me like that then I would have thought that too. Why is mom like this? Why is she torturing me like this?

      Few hours ago my life was amazing. I was still the same Triple S who was just having a line between me and SS501 as I used to have. I was happy with my life, I was happy with the limit I had with my idols but now it’s all changed. I first thought my mom was just lying but no, she isn’t. She wouldn’t play with my feelings like this in such a serious matter won’t she? Would she?

      Ah molla! I go to my room again and change myself into a pajama. I try my best to ignore his poster; the poster I used to blow a kiss before I sleep every night. For the first time in maybe three years I skip my ritual. I didn’t blow a kiss nor did I even look at it. I completely ignored it and jumped onto my bed. As soon as I’m lied down my eyes starts closing on their own. I curse myself for the eye bags but halfway through I think I drifted into a sleep. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Pretties! Thank you for your amzing responses on my new fiction! I really appreciate it and I'm really happy. A bit of a side note; if you read between the lines of my story then you'd realize why she keeps saying she knows him from eleven years. The story is taking place after their comeback, that's why his 'LIFE' poster is almost 3 years old. I didn't want a 28 year old young guy to marry beforing entering the army so I made a 31 year old guy face an arranged marriage nightmare ^^ Oh and also if you didn't notice I've actually written 'TimeSless Love' instead of Timeless Love in my book cover lol (I just saw it) I'll make a new cover very soon^^

Till that... thank you for your support to this story.. TS jjang!