Chapter 2

Can I trust you?

-Hwayoung POV-

Hwayoung woke up by the sound of her cellphone’s alarm.
She stayed for some minutes in her bed to fully wake up and when she was completely awake she went toward the bathroom to took a quick shower.
Passed ten minutes she came back to her room to choose what to wear; she opted for a pair of tight black jeans and a big-size gray t-shirt.
She went to the kitchen to had breakfast, she ate just some cereals so she could finish faster and went to school.
After twenty minutes of walking, Hwayoung finally arrived at the school’s gates, she passed the courtyard and made her way in the corridors before finally reaching her class.
For her surprise, the desk next to hers was empty and since the class was about to begin from a moment to another she decided to send a message to Jiyeon:
<<Unnie where are you? The lesson is about to begin>>
<<I’m home. Yesterday I was late so I decided to stay here. This afternoon can you send me the homework please? ><>>
Hwayoung let out a deep sigh, she wanted to talk with her about what happened the day before as soon as possible:
<<Uhm… what if I come to your home and we have dinner together? There is something that I want to talk about>>
<<What is it? Is everything ok?>>
<<Yes, don’t worry. I’ll tell you when we meet>>
<<Can’t you tell me now? I’m so curious~>>
‘Ah~ this girl, seriously…’
<<Nope, I said that I will tell you later. Now I have to go, the class is starting>>
<<You’re a bad unnie L I’m so curious that I can’t sleep anymore!>>
<<Then go to the kitchen and eat something, I’m sure you aren’t too curios for that right? Anyway take care unnie, see you later~>>
Hwayoung giggled while pressing the send button, she knew that Jiyeon will be a little upset after reading the message, but she couldn’t control herself, she just love to friend.
For all the time she spent on her desk the young girl tried to follow the lessons, but inevitably her mind kept focusing only on what happened the night before: the image of that pretty blonde girl and the sensation of her stomach flipping almost caused her an headache for how much she kept trying to find a plausible reason for her action.
Fortunately for her, that day the teacher didn’t explained anything new.
When the last bell finally rang, Hwayoung put her stuff into her bag as fast as she could and when she was out of the building she cheeked her phone, because just few minutes before she felt it vibrate.
There was a new message from Jiyeon:
<<Call me when you’re out of school>>
she immediately compose the number and called her back:
‘Please, don’t say that you can’t meet me, I need to talk with you so badly’
the phone rang few times before her friend answered:
“Yoboseo?”
“Hey, what’s the problem?”
“I don’t have enough food to cook… it’s a problem if we go to the market?”
‘Thank goodness!’
“M-mmh, no problem”
“Ok, then let’s meet there. I have to take the bus so I’ll be there in ten minutes”
“Deh, see you later unnie”
“Bye bye”

Hwayoung quickened her pace because she had to take a bus as well, since the market was quite far from the school.
She was a bit late and afraid of missing the bus, but thanks to her long legs she made it in time, indeed, she arrived even earlier.
Finally the bus arrived and all the crow got in, there weren’t seats so Hwayoung had to stand, she reached for a support and while the bus was leaving the stop she put on her headphones to pass the time.
For all the way there was a guy sat right in front of Hwayoung who kept glancing at her.
 At first, even if it was annoying her, she pretended not to notice, but since he continued she finally looked up straight into his eyes, making the latter startled and look away from her and even though he kept looking out the window, she kept her gaze on him for few seconds to be sure that he won’t restart.

Finally she arrived at the market and she checked inside the shop to see if Jiyeon was there, but it seemed like she wasn’t arrived yet so she started to play with her cellphone to kill some time.
After some minutes of waiting, Jiyeon finally arrived and announced her arrival by jumping in Hwayoung’s embrace and hugged her tight:
“Hi unnie! Sorry to keep you waiting”
“It’s ok, I just got here”
she kept hugging her for a bit more and then they went inside the market.
“So, how was the school?”
“To be honest it was boring, we didn’t do that much, so don’t worry”
“Oh thank god!”
Hwayoung smiled at her friend’s over reaction, it was funny how all the stress on the latter’s face went away in lesser than a second
“Anyway, what do you want to eat?”
“Mmh… what about some ramen?”
“Adjudicate! Then we need meet, eggs, bean sprouts and nori seaweed”
“Are you sure that you have all the other ingredients at home?”
“Of course! I’ve checked the fridge and the pantry before, remember?”
she made Jiyeon pout again, she felt sorry for always teasing her but she really can’t handle it:
“Ok ok, sorry”
‘Ah what can I do? I just love to teas her, she’s so cute’
They arrived at the meat counter to take the last ingredient they needed, Jiyeon grabbed one piece of meat and asked to Hwayoung:
“Unnie what about this one?”
“Mmh… it doesn’t look good. What about that one?”
To expensive… Ehy! What about this one?
“…”
Neh, Hwayoung-ah did you eared me?
Hwayoung was lost in her mind, she couldn’t believe of what there was in front of her eyes, she saw a familiar figure standing few meters from her.
Suddenly, she felt something hurting her shoulder and she slowly came back to reality:
“Hwayoung-ah!”
“Uh? What?”
“I asked what do you think about this one”
“Oh sorry, I th-“
“Ehy, so we meet again”
Hwayoung’s body froze in a second, she slowly turned around to face the last person she expected to find.
She cracked a smile and tried to look normal:
“A-ah deh…”
“Now I have to go, I hope I will see you again”
“D-deh, I hope so too”
“Bye~”
“B-bye…”

After the girl left, an awkward silence dropped between the girls, Hwayoung stayed still, saying that she was embarrassed was a minimization.
After re watching what just happened, she closed her eyes and facepalmed herself:
‘Oh god, what the hell was that? I just acted like an idiot’
“Soo… Who is she?”
She let out a frustrate sigh before speaking:
“She’s the ‘something’ that I wanted to talk about”
“Well, it looks like a someone more than a something”
“Well… let’s talk about this later ok? I’m so hungry that I could die”
“Ahah ok, then it’s better hurry”

Hwayoung and Jiyeon were talking about some random stuff while eating their ramen, Hwayoung kept avoiding the reason why she had come, but at the end Jiyeon spoke:
“Ok, now, let’s talk about that girl. Who is she?”
“She’s a waitress of the café”
“The café?”
“Yes, do you remember that yesterday I went out with our classmate?”
“Oh yes, yes! Now I remember. So? What happened?”
“Nothing in particular. We just went there and we were deciding what to order when she came to our table”
She stopped talking, she was examining second for second all that happened and she couldn’t find a less embarrassing explanation
“… and?”
“And nothing! That’s the point! She did nothing, I was the one who started to be nervous without reason”
‘Ah, my head hurt’
after release all the stress Hwayoung had endured with that sentence, an headache started to find its way in her head and she started to massage her temples to try to make it stop.
“Well… maybe you were nervous because you just wanted to make friendship with her”
the taller girl took few seconds to processing what her friend just said:
“… do you think so?”
“Yup… because Unnie, let’s be honest, you’re a very cheerful girl, but when you meet someone for the first time you’re always nervous and shy. So don’t worry too much ok?”
“Maybe you’re right… thanks unnie, you’re the best!”
She jumped from her seat and hugged tight Jiyeon, the latter hugged her back and started ruffling her hair:
“No problem, I’m always here for my giant-baby”

“Unnie, not to throw you out or something, but I have to go or I’ll be late”
said Jiyeon while they were lazily watching the tv
“It’s ok unnie don’t worry, I know. Go and get ready while I’ll call the taxis”
“Thank you~”
Hwayoung dialed the number and asked for two taxis to come over because her house was anything but closer to the bar.
After ten minutes the taxis arrived and both of the girls went down, before getting in the taxi the two friends  hugged and waved a good.
When the taxi drove off Hwayoung’s mind kept silent, she was just enjoying the beautiful scenery that was running in front of her eyes.
The city at night was so beautiful, all the streets were illuminated by the neon signs and now that the nights were still a bit cold everything was more clear, the only flaw was the lack of stars.
At the moment, an image flashed in her mind

*Flash back*

Hwayoung was in her parent’s care, while the other girl was holding her hand and watching out of the window:
“Look! It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”
“Deh! It’s really nice”
Their hands held even more thigh and both of them continued watching enthusiastically out of the window.

*End of the flash back*

Hwayoung finally reached her home, when she entered she saw two pairs of shoes at the entrance, she went to the living room and saw two figures that were watching the tv:
“oh! It seems like Hwayoung came back”
said one of the people while was getting up from the couch
“Appa you’re home!”
“Deh, today I finished earlier”
“Come on Hwayoung-ah, you’re going to smother your father if you keep hugging him like that”
her mother chuckled and went toward them
“Oh sorry, anyway I’m a bit tired, do you mind if I go to bed?”
“Of course not honey! We’re going to spend some time together when both of us have some free time”
“Thank you appa, well, goodnight then!”
“Goodnight honey”
“Goodnight”

Hwayoung reached her bedroom and in a second she changed into her pajama, the headache was gone but it left its place to the tiredness.
While she was laying in her bed she kept thinking about what Jiyeon told her:
‘So that’s the reason uh? But what can I do? It’s not like I’ll go back to the café and simply ask her: “Ehy! Do you want to be my friend?” I mean come on… Well, as long as I don’t see her again let’s just don’t bother too much’
She turned to face the wall, her attention went to the memories that came to her mind while she was in the taxi:
‘You loved the view of the city at night to… sorry, I was almost forgetting’
like a train, that voice flashed in her mind again:
‘You were almost forgetting? Seriously? Just because you met that blond girl? You’re such a bad person. It was better if you were in her place’
“I’m so sorry, I won’t let this happen again. I won’t forget you”
She put her hands one above the other and held them as thigh as she could, tears were flowing down her eyes and she fell asleep like that, like a child who’s afraid of the darkness. 

----------------

Please guys tell me what you think about the story becouse I jus love this pairing so much and I'm putting so much effort in this ;W;

Anyway, please subscribe for more chapter and also leave a comment.
Take care guys, love you