Chapter 4

Can I trust you?

-Hwayoung POV-

Finally the end of the week had come, the other days passed like nothing was happened.
Hwayoung didn’t say anything to Jiyeon about her meeting with Qri, she just said that after their classmate (that kept asking to apologize her)  wrote her that she couldn’t come to the appointment, she just took a taxi and went back home.
Hwayoung was interested in that blonde girl, she found her friendly and wanted to know her better.
The class was over and she was walking out of the school with Jiyeon:
“Jiyeon-nnie, do you have some plan for the weekend?”
“Yup, this Saturday I’m going out with IU”
“Really? Now that I think about it, it’s been a while since the last time I met her… I wonder how she look now”
“I’m curios too, she’s been so busy with her training. And you? Do you  have some plan?”
“Actually I’ve something in mind, but I’m not sure. Here’s the bus stop, see you on Monday unnie”
“Deh, bye unnie”
They gave a quick hug to each other before Hwayoung restarted to walk her way back home.

When she arrived, Hwayoung had barely the time to change her clothes that the phone started ringing and she run down the stairs to reach the handset to answered:
“Yoboseo?”
“Hwayoung it’s me, today I’ll be home a bit later so could you go to buy something for dinned?”
“Sure mom, don’t worry. Be careful on your way home ok?”
“I will, even though I’m the one who have to tell you this”
“Eheh sorry, ok then see you later”
“Deh~”
After ending the conversation Hwayoung let out a deep sigh, the week had been really stressing and she was really tired, but she couldn’t say no to her parents.
They were working to keep a roof above her head and for pay her studies, so this was the least she could do for them.
She went upstairs to take the billfold and change her shorts with a pair of jeans because outside the sky was covered by clouds and a cold wind kept blowing:
‘So at least I won’t freeze like the other time’
she put on a sweater and closed the door with the key before leaving.
The tall girl was walking along the streets in order to reach the nearest supermarket, but every time she was crossing a crossroad a strong and cold gust of wind raged on her, fortunately this time the only things that was annoying her was the wind that kept blowing her hair on her face.
When she arrived at the market her hair were a mess, saying that they were disheveled was a minimization.
If you looked at them you’ll probably think that it was a sort of bird nest but fortunately Hwayoung had a band so she was able to put them in a ponytail.
After trying her best to made her hair look as normal as possible she went inside and bought everything she needed for dinned and since both of her parents were going to eat with her, Hwayoung decided to cook a lot of delicious dishes.
On her way back home Hwayoung was holding two heavy bags full of food, after halfway she put the bags down to rest her painful shoulders.
While doing some stretching to lesser the pain she noticed a florist on the other side of the street, outside there was exposed a lot of beautiful flowers with bright colors, especially one kind caught her attention.
She crossed the road to be able to look at them better, there were a lot of colors: red, purple, pink, yellow and orange. The flowers were really beautiful and they released a nice aroma.
Hwayoung was so busy observing them that she didn’t notice that someone was approaching her:
“Do you like them?”
she turned around to see an hold man standing next to her.
He was a bit shorter than her and looked very friendly, his face was covered by wrinkles and there was a huge space on his head without hair:
“They are really beautiful”
“These flowers are called ‘Alstroemeria’”
“Alst- Alstroemeee…”
Hwayoung closed her eyes and tried to spell the name in her mind, then she took a big breath and said:
“Alstroemeria!”
“Ahah good job, you’re the first that was able to say their names so fast”
said the hold man while patting the younger’s shoulder. He was really kind and nice, they started a conversation about flowers but in the end they finished to talk about everything that came to their mind. But after some time Hwayoung had to end the conversation because she had to go back home and start cooking for their parents, even though she wanted to speak with him a bit longer.

(…)

“Hwayoung I’m home!”
“Hi mom!”
her mother appeared in the kitchen and started smelling the air, her eyes went bigger when she was able to smell the awesome scent coming from the cookers:
“Omo Hwayoung, did you cook all this by yourself?”
“Of course! I’m the only one here”
“Ahw my daughter is such a talented girl”
“Ahah thanks. Now go and change your clothes, it will be ready soon”
Her mother followed her instruction and went toward her room to change in more comfortable clothes.
After few seconds Hwayoung was running to her mother’s room, she heard her mother calling her name (well… almost screaming it) and scared her to death.
When she managed to get to the room she saw the surprise expression of her mother right in front of her eyes:
“Mom what’s wrong?”
she pointed toward the settle right next to the door, where there was a vase with a bouquet of colorful flowers inside it:
“Hwayoung, is it you who put these here?”
“Ehm… yes? I though since you and dad are doing so much for me, I bought these flower to show my gratitude”
With eyes almost filled with tears, the woman went slowly toward the young girl and hugged her tight:
“Omo Hwayoung, you’re such a precious girl. I was so shocked when I saw them”
“… So you made me lose almost ten years just because you were surprised? Seriously, next time just scream more louder ok?”
“Oh sorry dear, I didn’t mean to”
her mother gave to Hwayoung a peck on the cheek and started to rub the young girl’s back.
It has been a while since the last time she did, Hwayoung relaxed her body lost in her mind, at a certain point the snuggled her face onto her mother’s shoulder and mumbled to herself:
“You were doing this even when she was-“
Her eyes went wide opened and she quickly stop talking:
“Mmh? Have you said something?”
“N-no nothing. I need to go downstairs or the food will burn”
she escaped from her mother’s embrace and run toward the kitchen, she couldn’t believe that she was almost going to say that right in front of her mother.

The rest of the evening passed surprisingly normally, her mother probably didn’t catch what Hwayoung said, so she didn’t ask anything.
When her father arrived home, the two girls had just finished to set the table and welcomed him with bright smiles.
The family ate the delicious dinner cooked by Hwayoung and after that they went to the living room to watch some tv and enjoy  the time they were spending together.
But there was something strange there, like something wasn’t right.

(The day after)

It was Sunday afternoon and Hwayoung had just finished to do her homework.
She was stretching her arms while looking out of her room window; today was a sunny day, just few clouds were running in the sky transported by the wind.
Even though it was still cold, the sunlight was starting to be a bit more warm, and it was illuminating the brunette girl’s skin.
She had been wondering about something since the day before and only now she took her decision.
She changed her clothes with a casual outfit and went down stairs, where her parents were sitting in the living room:
“Mom, dad I’m going out. See you lather”
“Oh Hwayoung, where are you going?”
“Just somewhere for a walk”
“Ok, but be careful!”
“I will, bye!”
She was walking happily on the street, even though she could take a taxi to go to her destination, it was just a waste not to walk in a day like that.

She walked and walked until she finally reached her destination.
Her footsteps dragged her in front of the glass door of the café, she was standing there with a bit of nervousness running in her heart but she was able to ménage it now (well, at least it seemed like it).
She took a sit at a table near the window and waited patiently for someone to bring her the menu.
It was a young waiter that came to bring her the list, he was quite good looking, but unfortunately he didn’t satisfied Hwayoung’s expectations because she wanted to see someone else.
After she took some minutes to decide what to order, she finally choose something and closed the menu in front of her waiting for someone to take her order, when the same young waiter came toward her and took her order Hwayoung finally found the courage to ask him:
“Excuse me, Qri-ss- I mean, Qri unnie is working today?”
“Uh? Oh yes, she’s taking care of the other side of the café”
“Oh ok…”
“Do you need her?”
“No no, I was just wondering because I didn’t see her. Thank you”
“You’re welcome. Then I’ll be right back with your order”
Outside there were a lot of people walking along the street.
A young girl was walking happily looking at the shop’s windows with her boyfriend, that was patiently carrying her shopping bags.
They’ve just passed a mother that was trying to calm the crying of her little daughter that had just fell on the ground, she picked her up and started to massage her back while a lovely elderly came closer to them and started to talk to the child.
He was looking curiously at the little girl ear, then he reached out his hand and pretended to take out a coin, that he had hide before in his palm.
The child looked very surprised, she started to rub her ear trying to take out something else, Hwayoung giggled lightly at that sight, she was so cute.
The hold man smiled and placed the coin in her little hand, the girl looked at her mother to see if she could take it and the latter in response smiled and nodded her head.
The little girl was so happy, she started giggling while her mother bowed to thank the hold man that was waving his and to say goodbye.
That was a really joyful scene.
Hwayoung can’t tell why, but when the weather is nice the people start to act differently, everyone just seemed so happy and relaxed.
She was so lost in her though that she didn’t noticed that someone was standing right next to her table:
“Miss here’s your caffé-latte”
Hwayoung turned surprise, but as soon as she saw who was standing there a childish smile appeared on her face:
“Qri unnie!”
“So you finally came”
“Yes but, why are you here? Weren’t you taking care of the other customers?”
“One of the waiter told me that a girl asked about me, I came here to check who it was and when I found out that it was you I asked him to change our positions. So now, I’m the one who’s taking care of you miss”
She said with her usual soft smile
“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to bother you”
Even though she felt a bit sorry, Hwayoung couldn’t help to be happy.
She looked like a little puppy that saw his owner after a long time and she was so excited that she almost forgot the reason why she came here:
“It’s ok, don’t worry. But unfortunately today there are a lot of costumers, so I have to go now. If you need something else just call me”
Qri was almost going away when Hwayoung called her to ask just some minutes because she wanted to ask her something:
“Well… I was wondering if you want to go for a walk with me later”
the older girl’s expression changed in a second
“I would like to… but I have to work until this evening. I’m really sorry”
“Oh…”
Bitterness was filling the brunette girl’s heart, she wanted so bad to go out for a day of shopping with her unnie.

 

-Qri POV-

Qri was regretting that she had to refuse Hwayoung proposal, she would have liked to spend a day with her.
She looked so friendly and adorable but now her expression was sad, with her head bent down.
Suddenly, an idea came to the blonde’s mind and another sweet smile appeared on her face:
“… but if it’s ok with you, we can go out for dinned after I finish my turn”
“Really?”
the younger girl turned her attention again to her, her eyes filled with innocent hope, now she totally looked like a puppy:
‘Omo her expression is so cute’
She couldn’t help but to lightly pinch the latter’s cheek:
“Really. But now I seriously have to go or my boss will get angry”
“Oh ok ok, thanks unnie!”
Qri couldn’t not smile seeing Hwayoung’s excitement, now she had to work but she really wanted to spend some more time with that lovely girl.

------------

Here it is ^^
So, what do you think about it?
Finally Hwayoung decided to giva a chance to her istinct and try to be friend with Qri,  will it turn out well? 

Again thanks for readin, subscribe for more chapter and also leave a comment if you want.
Take care guys, love you.