Chapter 3

Can I trust you?

-Hwayoung POV-

It was almost 9:00 p.m. and Hwayoung was standing in front of the cinema, she felt her phone vibrates in her pocket and picked it to found a new message:
<<Hwayoung I'm sorry but I can't come, my parents don't want to let me go. Sorry unnie!!>>
“What? What do I do now?”

*Flash back*

“Mom I’m home! Where are you?”
Hwayoung yelled when she entered the main door
“Welcome back my dear!”
the tall girl followed the sound of her mother’s voice until the bathroom where she was cleaning the shower:
“Mom today a classmate asked me to accompany her at the cinema, so tonight I’m going with her. It’s ok?”
“It’s ok, but you have to finish your homework, arasso?”
“Deh don’t worry. Anyway, do you need a hand?”
“No Hwayoung-ah I almost finished, thank you”
“Oh ok, then I’ll be in my room”
Hwayoung changed into comfortable clothes and immediately started to do her homework:
‘Seriously, why did I accepted? I don’t even have the time for relax… ah~ sometimes I’m really too kind’
When it was time to go, she went down the stairs and greeted to her mother before leaving.

 

-Hwayoung’s mother POV-

“Mom I’m going”
“Have you finished to study?”
“Deh don’t worry, say ‘hi’ to dad for me ok? Bye!”
“Take care Hwayoung, be careful!”
After she heard the door close, she went back to talk on the phone:
“Well, you heard your daughter”
“Ahah yes I did, she’s going out a lot in this period, isn’t that great?”
“Well, at list that means she’s getting over it”
“It isn’t easy, Hwayoung need to accept that she’s gone”
“I know… let’s keep supporting her”

*End of flash back*

-Hwayoung POV-

Now it was almost half an hour that she was waiting for her classmate to arrive and she was almost freezing.
She was just wearing a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a sweater, but with the wind that kept blowing those clothes weren’t enough to keep her body warm.
She stayed there for another five minutes but there was no sight of a cab, she looked at the other side of the road, the café was still open and there were a lot of costumers inside that was enjoying their hot drinks, without worrying about the cold that there was outside.
‘Why me? What did I do wrong?!’
She stayed there for a couple of seconds thinking about what to do: there was no taxi so it was better if she begin to walk back home, but she was almost like a piece of ice and she wanted so badly something hot to drink, however if she entered the café she would probably find that blonde girl and start to feel uneasy again.
In the end, her stubbornness won over her immediately need for warm and she started to walk along the street.
The wind kept blowing and Hwayoung kept looking at the sky trying to distract herself, even though there were some clouds it was still a nice evening. She searched if there were stars hidden somewhere in the night sky, but unfortunately for her there wasn’t even one, the lights of the city were too strong.
Hwayoung kept her head lifted toward the blue expanse above her lost in that infinite space, she continued walking like this for some minutes, but somehow for her were like hours, nice hours she spent thinking about nothing, just enjoying that beautiful night.
But suddenly a strong gust of wind made the young girl came back in the real world, she automatically shrugged her shoulder trying to avoid the cold, but with poor results.
‘Maybe it would have been better if I had entered the bar…’
She was slowly regretting her choice, but now the café was far behind her and she hadn’t no intention to went back.
A car passed next to her, moving again a blow of cold air that made Hwayoung shivering again, but for her surprised the car stopped few meter in front of her and she stood there with no intention of going one more inch close to it.
She was scared that something bad would happened, I mean: if you are the only person on the side way at night and a car stop right in front of you, don’t tell me that you wouldn’t be a bit scare as well.

The tall girl was just turning to leave when she heard the car’s door being opened, now she was totally scared, she was about to run away when she heard a voice that alarmed her even more:
“Wait! It’s cold out there, come on enter in the car”
Hwayoung slowly turned and made her way to the car, like an obedient puppy.
When she was next to the car’s door she stood there not knowing what to do:
“Ehy, you’re going to freeze if you keep standing out there”
a gently voice said for inside the car, then Hwayoung gave up and entered the car, even though she was still a bit hesitant.
“You finally decided to enter, uh?”
“S-sorry…”
“It’s ok, don’t worry”
giggled the blonde girl while reaching out her right hand to ruffle the younger’s hair.
After Hwayoung told her the address the girl started to drove, while the time kept passing both of them stayed quiet, Hwayoung was nervously playing with her fingers to try to calm herself:
‘Again I’m nervous… but seriously why she keep popping out at the wrong (or maybe right?) time? It’s like she have some kind of sensor to know when I’m thinking about her… and by the way, why was I thinking about her?’
“Ehy, relax a bit, you know it’s not like I bite or something”
said the latter trying to calm the young girl:
‘What? Now you tell me how the hell she does this’
“Oh sorry… I was just thinking”
The girls kept silent again for a couple of minutes until they reached a traffic light that just turned red:
“It look like the destiny want us to meet”
said the blonde out of nowhere
“The destiny?”
“Well, it’s like the third time that we meet. Isn’t this strange?”
“Maybe…”
now Hwayoung was watching the latter: she had her right hand on the wheel while the left one was supporting her head.
In that position she totally looked like a model, she was really beautiful:
‘Waah~ she’s pretty… maybe is for this that I feel nervous, everyone in my position must feel like this’
“Anyway let me introduce: I’m Qri”
said the latter while giving a gentle smile to the younger
“O-oh nice to meet you Qri-sshi, my name is Hwayoung”
“Yah, what’s with that ‘sshi’? You’re making me look like an old woman, just call me Qri ok?”
“Ah d-de, sorry Qri…”
Hwayoung’s heart was beating really fast and the speed kept increased when the other girl put her hand on her leg:
“Neh seriously, stop being this nervous. I swear that I’ll take you home safely ok?”
the dark haired girl took a deep breath and said with all the calm that remained in her body:
“Ok”
the latter smirked happily and replaced her hand on the wheel:
“Good. By the way, why were you going around alone? It’s dangerous at this hour”
“A friend asked me to go with her at the cinema, but while I was waiting she sent me a message telling that she wasn’t able to come and since there wasn’t a single taxi I was going home by foot”
“Ohw what a pity! What movie were you going to watch?”
that was a good question, Hwayoung didn’t know at all what movie her classmate wanted to watch:
“Well… to be honest I don’t know…”
“How couldn’t you know what you were going to watch?”
asked Qri a bit confused
“She just asked me because she needed someone to go with and I just said yes…”
The older girl giggled while Hwayoung hided her face with her right hand and turned her head  toward the window for the embarrassment
“You must be a really good person”
those words surprised the latter, who gave a blank look to the blonde. She stayed like that until Qri noticed that she was watching her and asked with a gentle tone:
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing, I was just thinking…”
Hwayoung turned again her head toward the window, lost in her thought:
‘A good person uh?’
a sad smile appeared on her face:
‘It would have been nice if I’d been really good’
she nonchalantly moved her head to remove the hair that were covering her face and kept smiling for some more time.
They finally arrived to Hwayoung’s house, the lights of the living room were still on, that meant her mother was still awake waiting for her and her father, because he worked until late and she didn’t want to let him eat alone.
Every night she tried to stay awake for him, but some time, especially when she does extra hours at work, she’s so tired that most of the time she fell asleep on the couch.
“There you go”
“I’m sorry for disturbed you”
“Well if it was a disturb I wouldn’t pick you up right?”
“B-but…”
“Stop it, you didn’t disturb me ok?”
“Ok… then thank you Qri”
the elder girl smiled softly as response.
“By the way, the next time you’ll go to the cinema come to the café for a greeting ok?”
“O-ok, I will”
“Good, then se you around. Good night”
“Bye…”
When Hwayoung closed the door Qri carefully drove off and disappeared few meters forward after a crossing.

“Mom I’m back!”
“Oh you’re already home?”
“Yes, my friend couldn’t come”
“Oh what a pity! You took a taxi? I heard a motor leave”
“No…”
she took few second to think, then she continued the answer­:
“A friend gave me a ride”
“What a luck. Now go and change, I’ll prepare some tea”
“Ok mom”
‘A friend uh? Maybe Jiyeon wasn’t that wrong after all’

----------------------

Here's the third chapter! Did you like it? I hope so ><
Do you want to know how Hwayoung ended waiting for her friend at the cinema? If yes, check it out here:
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/497667/love-song-angst-eunjung-jiyeon-snsd-tara-sunbyung-eunyeon

Again thanks for reading, subscribe for more chapters and leave a comment if you want.
Take care guys, love you.