Chapter 9: Unexpected Guests

My Boyfriend is My Idol

Disclaimer

Characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons is purely coincidental.

 

I wish I can stay with him forever. Is it wrong to hope that he’ll be my husband someday? Everything’s running smoothly now though I am his biggest secret. Only Minwo-sshi, his chauffeur, and his trusted friends arranging our dates, knew about us. But he told me that he will be telling all Big Bang members, TOP, Bae, Dae and SeungRi oppas, about us. He also plans on introducing me to his family. I asked him if I could tell my eomma and my best friend Yun because they are my persons and he agreed.

Yun and I are on our way back home now. She is sleeping beside me. I’ll tell them tonight.

Ring…ring…

“Yoboseo?!!”

“Are you home now?”

Just the voice I want to hear.

“Ani, oppa. But we are near now.”

“I already miss you butterfly. Let me know when you arrive home. I should have insisted that Minwo drive you home.”

“I told you oppa, I haven’t talked to Yun yet and arriving in a limousine in a small town will stir things up and might cause you some trouble. I can’t do that to you.”

“I know, why do I have such a logical thinker and an independent woman for a girlfriend? I just wanted to take care of you as an oppa should and to hell with trouble.”

“Don’t worry oppa. I can take care of myself for now and of you too.”

“I love being your baby.”

“Hahaha. Aigoo, if the world only knew that you are such an adorkable baby boy.”

“Only you will get to see that side of me my love.”

“I’m honoured. hihihihi. Oh I have to go, Yun might wake up soon.”

“I love you!”

“Likewise but more!”

“But I love you more!”

“I’m hanging up now.” I finally said, grinning wide.

I glanced back at Yun. I sigh with relief that she is still softly snoring, a sure sign that she is still asleep. Lord, give me strength to face her anger later. I hope she’ll understand why I didn’t tell her before.

Ring…ring…

Is oppa calling again? Oh it’s from eomma. She knows I’m coming home today and I already called her when we left Seoul.

“Yoboseo, eomma. What is it? Is there a problem?”

“Dara, where are you now?”

“We are almost there. Why?”

“Someone’s here to see you. I don’t have time to explain. But know this, you are the child of my heart and I love you so much.”

“Eomma, you’re making me nervous. I love you so much. You mean the world to me.”

“See you here soon.”

That was weird. Is she crying? The van pulled to stop near our house. We can’t get to our house’s front door because a white limousine is blocking us. Imagine if we pulled over in a black limousine too. Lol!

I wonder who is inside and whoever that person is, that someone is here for me.

“Yun, ahjussi will drive you to your house. I need to go now because eomma has a visitor who wants to see me.”

“Aw owkie.” She was yawning and talking at the same time.

“See you tomorrow then. I have something to tell you.”

I have to make that ‘talk’ tomorrow.

I can’t explain it but I’m starting to feel some trepidation. As they say, being too happy is not good because it will be followed by sadness. Lord, please don’t let anything bad happen.

“Annyeong haseyo, I’m back!” I started to say when I opened the front door…and my eyes widened in surprise.

What is the great Hwang Shin Hye doing in our receiving area?

“Dara, it’s good that you are home now. I want you to meet Shin Hye-ssi. She’s here for you and Yang-Hyun Suk is also here.”

I did not notice the man behind Shin Hye-ssi. OMG, it is YG’s CEO. Has he somewhat managed to learn about me and Ji? Oh no, please not Ji. I can’t give him any trouble.

“Hi Dara, it is so good to see you again after such a long time. You’ve grown into a very beautiful young lady.” Shin Hye said.

Again? After a long time? What does she mean?

“Uhmmm, excuse me Miss Hwang, but I don’t think we’ve met before.”

“Dara-ah, this is what I had no time telling you.” my eomma interrupted me.

I looked in eomma’s direction, confused. This definitely has nothing to do with Ji. Hyun Suk-nim is silently watching us.

“Dara dear, I don’t know an easy way to say this, just barging into your life like this. I want you to know how sorry I am for leaving you.” Shin Hye is crying now.

Omo! What is happening? She left me?

“Dara, I’m your mother. I left you in ahjumma’s care when you were still a baby because of circumstances that surrounded your birth. I didn’t want to drag you into my mess.”

My world stood still! What the heck is she saying? My eomma is not really my mother and this famous actress actually is. Why did no one tell me? What is YG’s role in all of these and why is he here too? I need to get away from them. I need to talk to Ji.

----------------------------------

I heard Hyun Suk-hyung brought in an artist from  Azoff Music Management that is based in Los Angeles. YB and I are set to make our solo albums soon, so maybe a collaboration is in order. I’m sure Dara will be so excited. I’ll make sure she will receive an advance copy of my solo album. I was too busy thinking about her that I bumped into someone coming out from the YG cafeteria.

“Oooops, I’m sorry. I wasn’t….”

“Hi Ji, I’m back.”

I am staring straight into the eyes of the woman who have given me so much joy and just as much sorrow, the one who left me bleeding and longing so much.

------------------------------------

*Ji’s phone…

 

--------------------------------

Guys, mianhe for the late update.