one.

Apartment 1508

word count ; 2.125

Lizzy smiled in front of a pile of cardboards which she just tidy it up. Today was a big day for her because today, after saving her money from her job’s salary for about 4 years, she could buy herself an apartment in itaewon area with some help from her best friend, Nana. Although her apartment is not as good as most apartment in gangnam, but the fact that her apartment could accommodate herself and Nana, she was happy enough with that.

When Lizzy was sure her goods was fully ready, Nana came with a pack of snacks in her hand. She stared at Lizzy’s cardboards and said, “your things is surely a lot”. Lizzy just smiled.

“this is my first apartment. I want something special on it” Nana smiled too as soon as she heard what Lizzy said. Her best friend is always like that. She always thinks that first thing is the most special thing in the world. First job, first earning, first apartment, first bestfriend and sure.. first love.

Nana looked around Lizzy’s current bedroom. Empty. There’s no more things scattered around everywhere like before. But, seems like Nana caught something. There was a photo hiding behind the cupboard. Feeling curious, Nana picked it up. It turned out to be Lizzy’s photo with Myungsoo two years ago. Dusty. It seems that Lizzy put it there on purpose.

Yeah, Myungsoo was Lizzy’s first love, or maybe her first boyfriend. They’ve been dating for about three years before Myungsoo dumped her for a girl named Suzy. Several weeks after her break up, Lizzy didn’t want to come out from her room. Crying and Crying. That was what Lizzy did for several weeks until Nana didn’t have a heart to see her best friend behaved like that. Fortunatelly, Lizzy back to her normal self after two months break up. Need a long time for Lizzy to completely forget about Myungsoo.

Even until today, Nana was sure that Lizzy is still thinking about Myungsoo deep in her heart.

“what are you doing?” Nana quickly hide the photo so that Lizzy could not see it. Nana just shook her head as if there was nothing to worry about and smiled awkwardly, made Lizzy confused of her bestfriend behavior.

“what are you hiding?” Lizzy tried to look in Nana’s pocket but the blond girl is faster than Lizzy expected and she quickly pushed the other girl’s body out of the room. “no-nothing. Oh are you ready yet? Lets go”

***

Lizzy put all her things in the baggage before go into the car. It could be clearly seen that her things is surely a lot like what Nana said just now. She wasn’t even sure if all her things could loaded the baggage meanwhile Nana’s things itself was already this much.

“what took you so long, Lizzy-ah” asked Nana as she approach the confused girl to see what’s wrong. As soon Nana see what made Lizzy took so long just to put all her things in the baggage she came with something, “just put the rest in the back seat”

Lizzy nodded happily before finally she put the rest of her things in the back seat. After she made sure nothing’s left in the house, she immediately climbed in onto the passenger seat beside Nana and the blond girl casually drove her car to their new apartment.

Lizzy was surely happy with her new apartment till she powered up the radio in a max volume and she even sang along too. Nana who busily drove the car just could smiled and shook her head seeing her best friend action. Sometimes Lizzy really acts like a child but that’s what makes Nana happy and never get bored with her.

Subconsciously, maybe because all the happiness that Lizzy shared with Nana, they finally reached to their final destination, no other than their new apartment. There’s a poster spreaded out in front of the building ‘SUNRISE APARTMENT’ Lizzy go out from the car happily till she couldn’t hear that Nana actually called for her.

“don’t be too happy. We still have a lot of things to do. Lets go to the owner room, we have to get our key room, remember?” Nana urged as she dragged the other girl to the apartment owner’s room. Lizzy had to admit that sometimes when she’s too happy with something she will forget about everything. Yeah, every little thing. Just like this time.

The girls walked in into the owner’s room and greeted by some middle age woman, the owner of this said apartment. The owner herself was really kind to them, she even feted the girls with green tea. She said that its just some welcome drink, like what hotel usually do to their consumers.

“this apartment is not the best one in Itaewon but I hope you two will stand it. Oh, and one more, just call me Yoon halmoni. So we can get along easily”that’s what the owner said in their banquet. Lizzy and nana could only smiled as they sipped the tea. Yoon halmoni’s green tea was surely delicious. Its not as bitter as usual green tea but Lizzy likes the fact that it is not too bitter as she expected. Not-too-bitter green tea is rarely found these days.

Suddenly, a boy around five years old rushed in while shouting (or likely asking her grandma), “gramps! Is that right that a young ceo will stay at our apartment?” asked him excitedly. Yoon halmoni just smiled as she the boy’s hair. “who said that?”

The boy answered again with a very excited tone, “from the ahjummas in room 1209! Is that right, gramps?”

“what will you do if that’s right? You make sure yourself just go out and play again” the boy pouted because her grandma didn’t give him the answer that he wanted but obediently, he went out and play again just like what her grandma told him to do.

The boy is absolutely cute, if only I have a cute brother like him, Lizzy thought as she watched the said boy played with his friends.

“sorry for my grandson behavior. He always like that sometimes. Just bear with it. Oh, and this is your keyroom. Room 1508 its on the fifth floor. Enjoy your living” uttered her as she gave the two the room's key.

Lizzy took the room's key enthusiastically and bowed really deeply as a thank you to Yoon halmoni. The girls quickly leaved the room and hurriedly took the lift to the fifth floor, their room floor. The two smiled at each other as they walked until Nana started to remember something and began to search onto her bag. Lizzy paused and turned to the blond girl.

“is something left behind?” asked Lizzy to make sure.

“looks like I left my phone in the car. Lemme go get it back. Just go to the room. I’ll catch up” said Nana as she left to get her phone back. Lizzy nodded and watched the other girl gone with the lift. Lizzy walked to their room again and open the door automatically (fortunately their room is not that far from the lift) to see what’s inside.

Empty.

Of course, this was a new apartment. It would be weird if there’s things scattered everywhere. Lizzy started scanning the place. Not bad, its just look the same as the one in the picture which she saw on the internet.

“hyung? You back?”suddenly, there was a voice from the bathroom. A man’s voice. Lizzy was very surprised and turned herself to see whose voice is that.

In front of her, standing up a man that Lizzy was sure is very tall, a much taller than her. Really tall, maybe 180cm tall maybe taller. His hair was still wet from the water and he just wear a towel to cover his body. Lizzy’s face turned to be so red with shy because of the said man. The man himself was really surprised when he saw Lizzy in the room. He didn’t know what to do and acted so strangely that made his towel that only covered his body sunken, made his private ‘thing’ visible. Lizzy automatically screamed as she covered her innocent eyes with both of her hands.

“AAAAAAA!!!!”

***

Nana calmly walked to the parking area. She even gave herself a time to search for her car's key in her bag which unfortunately, fell. She wagged tongue, felt a little bit dejected then kneeled down to pick the key before she realized there were another hand on the key. She lifted her head up only to see some blond guy (just like her) stared at her. They stared at each other for a long time before finally Nana took her eyes off the guy.

She picked her key and stared at the guy (again) awkwardly. Same as Nana, the unknown guy shrugged his back head, showing her that he just as awkward as her.

“ah.. um… thank you for trying to help me out” said Nana awkwardly. The guy just smiled but he couldn’t hide his red face because of Nana.

And when Nana was about to leave the guy, the blond guy held her. “wait! My name… my name is Wufan. But you can just call me Kris. May I know… your name? pretty please? Asked the guy named Kris with a grin on his face.

Nana simpered at him. This guy is quiet cute she thought. “Im Jinah. But you can just call me Nana. You live here too?”

“yeah, sort of. You too?” Nana nodded, she could saw Kris’s happy face when he heard Nana’s answer. Didn’t want to end it just like that, kris continued to ask. “where are you goin’? let me accompany you”

“ah no, you don’t have to. I just want to go get my phone. There’s no need for you to accompany me” but Kris still insisted him to accompany the girl so Nana just let him be. She had no right to get angry at him just because of this matter/

On the way, they talked a lot. Nana started to understand that Kris wasn’t cool as he looks like. He’s quite silly. He said that he loves to draw too even he compared himself to Picasso because he surely think that his drawing is just as good as Picasso.

“oh you lived on fifth floor too? What a coincidence” Nana nodded, a smile could be clearly seen from Kris’s face.

Lift stopped at the fifth floor, the two got out from the lift and as soon as they get out they heard a girl and a boy’s scream from room 1508. Nana started to get panicked because room 1508 was her room. There must be something wrong with her. Nana hurriedly rush in into the room and greeted by an angry Lizzy disputed with some random guy. And their voice was surely loud to wake the neighbours up (fortunately its still 2 in the afternoon).

“who are you? I own this room first. ”

 “who are you? I paid for this room first. You ”

And then they kept fighting fighting and fighting and no one seems likely to give away. And that was made Kris and Nana became so confused.

“YOU TWO STOP IT!” Kris and Nana screamed at the same time to call away the two’s attention and it was a success.

***

“im so sorry, I don’t know that you two bought the room at the same time. The real estate agent didn’t tell me anything too. So, im so sorry for this. Really sorry” said Yoon halmoni when the four came in a conclusion to ask this directly from the owner. If they didn’t came up with this conclusion, a third world war could be happened in this apartment, that was Kris and Nana thoughts.

“so.. do you came up with some solution to this? Like… give us other room maybe?” asked Nana calmly.

Yoon halmoni seemed to think about the solution. She started to search the documents if there’s any empty room for one of them. And seemed like she didn’t find anything to help. “im sorry but there’s no empty room at the moment. The only empty room is just room 1508”

Chanyeol (the towel guy) and Lizzy’s expression was either surprised, angry or maybe sad after hearing what Yoon halmoni said to them. When they were about to protest, Kris held them so that a second ructions wont be happened. The first one was already bad enough, they (especially Kris and Nana) didn’t want a second one.

“you four can share the room together and I will pay back 20% of your money as my sorry. How?” Yoon halmoni suggested.

“WHAAAT?”


first chapter is up. hope you all will like it. although, i have to admit, it was horrible or maybe out of your expectation. sorry ; n ;

subscribe and comment or even upvote maybe? ;)