Night Creatures - Cold Heart

Teasers for upcoming stories

“So this is where you sneak off to every morning” I said, causing JR to practically jump out of his skin. He had one of those looks on his face like a vampire caught outside after dawn, before it disintegrates into ashes of course. “Ren!” he exclaimed when he saw me, “I-I thought you were asleep.” I smirked as I closed the gap I had left between us so he wouldn't notice me following. “I've never been a heavy sleeper, even Baekho hyung knows that” I told him. He looked around nervously as if he was worried about someone seeing him with me. “You can't tell anyone about this, okay?” he said. “Why? Where are we anyway?” I asked, where we were was really upscale, even for being inside the city. “This is... my home” he said, sounding ashamed to admit it. I was confused, even though we were standing in an alley this place was nicer than what we called home by far. “If you live here, then why do you risk being killed by some demon or worse, being turned by a vampire outside with us?” I asked, I would have given anything to live in a place like this. “Because... because my parents are away most of the time and I feel out of place being alone in there” he explained. I knew what it was like to feel out of place, I'd been through so many homes and the only one where I felt like I really fit in was with Aron hyung. “I won't tell” I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear. “Thank you” he said as he pulled me into a hug. A surge of panic welled up inside of me as I shoved him away. “Don't EVER touch me again!” I all but screamed at him as I pulled away to distance myself from him. As soon as I had, the panicked feeling faded away and it got replaced with a bit of remorse for what I did. “I'm sorry Ren, I forgot” he said. “It's not your fault, that I'm so messed up” I told him, not even able to make eye-contact with him. “Ren...” he sighed before his widened and he pushed me off to the side. I turned around just in time to see something big and hairy barrel into him, knocking him off his feet. A werewolf, it must have followed us from outside. “JR!!!” I screamed as it lunged toward him.

 

So, yeah... JR attacked by a werewolf. You'll have to wait until whenever I choose to actually write the story to find out what happens