Hye Rim's relation

What do you see?

Sun Woo POV: 

I quickly got rid of the tears that managed to escape my eyes. I looked up once again and saw Na Na smiling. Truly smiling. It made me feel good. I felt invincible because I had witnessed her smile. Once the song ended everyone else crowded around the duet and hugged them. Na Na manage to escape and left everyone else hugging Seol Chan. I applauded and gave her a hug. Something was off though. There was this fluttering feeling in my stomach and it felt very weird, but good weird. We separated and it was awkward after that. Seol Chan comes and puts his arm around me just like old times and then I looked around at our circle of friends. I smiled because I would never have asked for a better group. 

"Yah, let's take a picture for the last time." Eun Ha suggested excitedly. She ran for her camera and directed everyone. Seol Chan had his arm around me and Kyu Dong, Se Yi was hugging Eun Ha and Na Na was arm wrestling with Do Nam. Then Eun Ha ordered Kyu Dong and Do Nam to do a silly pose which they did. 

"Yah Sun Woo! Pretend to teach Na Na how to play the bass." Eun Ha ordered. I cautiously approached Na Na. She already had the bass in place and she was about to strum when I went behind her and started to strum too. She turned to look at me surprised. I could just smirk at that moment. 

Na Na POV: 

I was so nervous. Once the picture was finished I pushed Sun Woo away. For a second I thought he was hurt but I then came back to my senses. Time passed by quickly. It was already time to leave. I walked about 3 blocks when something caught my eye...

*flashback

"Kang Woo-ah, what do you see in me?" I asked him. 

Kang Woo thought for awhile before asking why I wanted to know. 

"Because there are lots of pretty girls around you, but you don't pay attention to any of them." 

Kang Woo smiled, "What do I, the great Kang Woo, see in Kim Na Na?" he chuckled," It's a secret. You'll know in time." 

-------

Sun Woo POV:

I texted Na Na in the morning to tell her to come meet me at the hospital where Hye Rim-ah was at. I had no idea what was her relation with her but I was about to find out. 

Na Na cautiously came in looking confused. 

"Why are we here?"She asked. 

"My girlfriend wants to meet you." I replied adding emphasis on girlfriend. Na Na followed me to the door at the end of the hall. I saw the goosebumps on her arms and assumed she was cold. I handed her my hoodie and we headed in. Hye Rim- ah was feeling better, but she still looked like a ghost. When she Na Na, her attitude changed completely. 

"Unnie!!" Hye Rim-ah ran up to Na Na and hugged her sobbing uncontrollably.. "Mianhae unnie, choma mianhaeda."

Na Na hugged her back fiercely. I watched as I saw Na Na cry. 

------

Na Na POV:

Hye Rim is Kang Woo's step sister. She was really young when Kang Woo died but she was pretty smart for her age back then.

"Unnie, I don't have a lot of time to live. My hyung told me to give you something as a graduation present, but I don't think I have that long." Hye Rim-ah said.

I smiled at Hye RIm, she always called Kang Woo hyung because Kang Woo thought she was a boy for the longest period of time. Then I realized that Hye Rim had a letter in her hand along with a small white box with a black bow. I smiled and took it from her. I tucked Hye Rim into bed and sang her to sleep  like old times. I was just happy she was at a safer place than home.

.....

I left her room to see Sun Woo waiting at the other side of the door. I sat down next to him. 

"Do you want to know why I asked you what you saw in me? I said.

He looked at me suddenly interested and nodded. 

"When I was young I met a guy named Kang Woo, Hye Rim-ah's older step brother. He was my best friend. We told eachother everything. He would always have a lot of admirers following him everywhere. He would accept dates but something would always happen to me on those days he was supposed to go out like I'd get a fever or I'd get a paper cut and he cancels everything and spends the whole day with me. I then got the courage to ask him what he saw in me and he smiled like it was the greatest secret in the world. To this day I do not know his answer but I have a feeling this letter will answer my question." I explained.

Sun Woo looked at me intently.  "What happened?" 

I could feel the tears coming, "He died betraying me."