Seol Chan's farewell

What do you see?

Na Na POV:

  I was startled to see that Sun Woo took my hand and took me to his car. I'll admit I felt giddy inside but managed to control my emotions. As we reached his car, he opened the door for me just like the gentleman I knew he was.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked interested in his change of behavior. He sighed and told me that Seol Chan called him asking about her whereabouts. I felt disappointed that Sun Woo only came to me because of Seol Chan. There was an unnerving awkward silence between us. It wasn't an awkward comfortable like Joon Hee and me. I looked outside the window seeing the buildings pass by when a certain building caught my eye.

------------

*flashback

It was Halloween and Joon Hee thought it'd be fun to scare Kang Woo. Kang Woo fears two things in this world... clowns and creepy dolls. We convinced him to try going to a haunted house with us. Joon Hee found an abandoned warehouse and used his father's connections to buy the creepiest dolls who speak. I even shuddered at looking at their porcelain wickedness. He then bought a clown costume for himself and I was in charge of recording the whole thing. The long awaited day finally came and I was excited to finally scare Kang Woo.

As I was getting ready for Kang Woo to enter, I suddenly heard one of the dolls laugh. Her head then did a 180 degree turn and she laughed again. I was so freaked out that I ran towards Joon Hee when I saw that he was running towards me also.

"Na Na-ah.... this warehouse is really haunted!" He said in between gasps. I had never seen him so pale until I saw what was behind him. It had green hair matted in different directions, his clothes were ripped, and his face was full of scars. I screamed. Joon Hee just stood still with his eyes wide, looking petrified. Then we heard Kang Woo laugh really hard. He rolled on the floor roaring with laughter. It wasn't until minutes later that he said that you couldn't mess with him because he was always one step ahead.

Joon Hee demanded, "How did you know?"

Kang Woo just smiled, "A certain little birdie who happens to have a huge crush on me."

Joon Hee and me glanced at eachother knowing it was his sister who spilled the beans.

......

Once Joon Hee left, Kang Woo apologized for making me scream.

"All is forgiven." I said. Kang Woo just smiled and I had to ask him the question he never answered. "Kang Woo-ah, what did you really wish for on your birthday?"

"I wished that my dad would change."

 

Sun Woo POV:

Na Na was so distracted through the whole ride that she didn't even recognized that we had stopped.

"We're here." I finally said, waking her up from her trance.

We both got out and walked inside where the others were gathered. I saw Se-Yi and I immediately wanted to go towards her, but Seol Chan was stuck to her like glue.

Seol Chan stood in the middle of the patio and asked for silence.

"Thank you. First of all, I'd like to thank you guys. For being there for me in this journey of growing up. We will all graduate next week. Since I won't be there to walk and recieve my diploma with the others, I wanted to at least spend this time with those who matter. Do Nam-ah, your beatboxing skills surprises me still. You have one hell of a gift man, use it wisely. Kyu Dong-ah, you have the talent but you need the confidence. Once you gain the confidence, you'll be cooler than me. Eun Ha-ah, you're the reason I love my fans. It's because of you that I strive to be the best I can, the reason I give it 100%. Na Na-ah, you really are daebak, you surprise everyone by your awesomeness. You're meant for greater things, I truly mean it. Sun Woo-ah, even though our friendship is nothing but a memory, it will always be a cherished memory. I hope you'll find the happiness you deserve. Se Yi-ah, it's okay to make mistakes and learn from them, but always keep the people you care for close to you. With that said, I can finally say good bye to you guys. Thank you for being my friends. I am an idol, being able to go to school was a vacation, but it's time for me to go back to my reality and enjoy life with the other Men in Black members. As a surprise, I asked Na Na to sing a duet with me. Na Na come up."

I watched everyone in our group of friends cry at Seol Chan's farewell. I admit I was touched and I looked at Se Yi's reaction. She was smiling, embracing the future.

Seol Chan began to sing followed by Na Na. Their voices were a beautiful harmony. It was as if the heavens were willing to put them together. I did get jealous at first but I was then mesmerized by her voice. I think that was when I first looked at her in that way. When she sang she wasn't the tough girl Na Na, she was just Na Na. When they finished their song was when I realized that I was crying.