Stay Strong

What do you see?

Sun Woo POV:

After speaking to the doctor, he advised me to start preparing for Hye Rim's death. I refuse to accept it. I was angry and wanted to scream. I just stood there staring at the floor. Before I knew it, I was in front of Hye Rim's door. I plastered on a smile and opened the door. Hye Rim was sitting in front of the window looking deathly pale. She had purple under her eyes and she was frail. When she saw me enter, she immediately smiled and ran towards me giving me a hug. I picked her up and embraced her tightly. We were like that for a good five minutes. "Oppa, where's unnie?" Hye Rim asked. "I just called her, she said she'll be here in an hour," I smiled then added, "Yah, Hye Rim-ah, are you okay sharing oppa with unnie?" I asked genuinely amused. "Oppa, I don't want to share unnie with you, araso." She replied firmly. I was a little bit surprised that she prefered Na Na over me.

"Hye Rim-ah, I'll be right back, I have to go retrieve your birthday present from the car." I smiled. Hye Rim-ah brightly smiled. "Araso oppa, I'll take a quick nap while I wait." She smiled. I looked at her. She obviously didn't sleep well last night. I just nodded and left. As I was walking out of thehospital my phone beeped: Sun Woo, please help us! Joon Hee and I are stuck at the police office. - Sae Yi. I sighed. Hye Rim-ah will probably need the sleep. I accidently bumped into someone and dropped my phone. The guy picked it up and handed it to me. I looked at him in the eyes and thanked him before quickly leaving to my car.

 

Kang Woo POV:

The doctor looked at me with pity in his eyes. I was very angry. I ran outside and screamed to release all that pent up stress. Passerbys gave me weird looks but I didn't mind them. I went back inside after calming down. I cautiously approached Hye Rim's door. I slowly opened the door. There she was sleeping in her bed. I quietly slipped in and sat next to her. I hadn't seen her in three years. She grew taller and thinner. She looked like a ghost. I wished I was there for her sooner. She opened her eyes slowly. "Hyung? You're here in my dream." She whispered. I smiled playing along. "Hyung is sorry, for not taking care of you properly, Hye Rim-ah." I tell her sincerely apologizing. "It's okay, hyung, you were always looking after me and my mom." She said. There was a silence then she said, "Hyung..." "Yes, Hye Rim-ah." "I miss you." She barely whispered those words before going back to sleep. I stood there frozen unsure of what to do. I just stared at my younger sister sleeping her pain away. "Shall hyung sing to you?" I gently asked her. She slightly nodded her head and I began to sing her song, one she wrote when she was five. It was her last present to me.

Stay strong, be brave, take a chance and hold this hand, its outstretched to you, only you, so accept me as I accept you, Love me as I love you, Fight me when I'm wrong and help me grow, Don't let me be the cause for your sorrow, Promise me to stay strong---

The door abruptly opened.

 

Sun Woo POV:

I was at the police station. I approach the jail cell that Sae Yi and Joon Hee were in with a couple of other people. "What happened?" I asked both of them in a stern voice. Joon Hee spoke up, "Well, I was out celebrating then this girl ruined the happy atmosphere." He said pointing at Sae Yi. "Then we decided on dinner before calling it quits for the day. I left to the restroom and when I got back, there were two boys bothering her. I went to save the day, but the things they said." Joon Hee added with a look of disgust. "He ended up fighting the two boys and he broke one's nose and the other got a black eye." Sae Yi said quietly looking at the Joon Hee disapprovingly. "Turns out the punk with the black eye is the son of the chief of the police department. And bipity bopity boo, you find us here." Joon Hee finished. I was a little bit amused at their story. "Araso, I'll get you guys out."

After the paper work was settled, they finally released Joon Hee and Sae Yi. As we were walking outside I was beginning to get curious. "How come it was just you two celebrating?" I asked suspiciously. "It's cause Na Na had other things to do. She felt bad she couldn't celebrate with me so she sent Sae Yi my way. Isn't that right darling." Joon Hee replied putting his arm around Sae Yi. Sae Yi was surprised at Joon Hee's action. I internally chuckled at her expression. She quickly shrugged his arm off. Wait Na Na! I had forgotten that she had gone to the hospital. "I have to go! Please be on your best behavior." I said looking straight at Joon Hee. He just smiled and nodded.

 

Na Na POV:

I rode the motorcycle all the way to the hospital. It was new and it felt amazing! I absolutely loved the wind and the liberty. I quickly got off and slowly walked towards Hye Rim's door. I was about to open the door when I heard another voice. At first I thought it was Sun Woo, but this voice was different, it was very familiar. Then he started to sing.

Stay strong, be brave, take a chance and hold this hand, its outstretched to you, only you, so accept me as I accept you---

*flashback

"Unnie, will you help me?" Hye Rim-ah asked me one day. "Sure, what's the favor?" I asked her. "Can you help me write a song for hyung?" She replied. I smiled. "Of course I'll help you. Come here." I tell her. She smiled and sat on my lap as I grabbed my pen and paper.
"What do you want the song to be about?" Hye Rim started to think, "I want a song he can sing to himself when things get rough." I smiled, Hye Rim-ah was so considerated when it came to Kang Woo. "How about we title it... Stay Strong?" Na Na suggested. Hye Rim-ah beamed and nodded her head repeatably. As time passed by Hye Rim-ah ended up falling asleep. I took her to my bed and covered her with a blanket. I looked at the ideas for the song and I began to write. I looked at the finished product but  I felt that something was missing. It kept nagging me but in the end I gave it to Hye Rim.

As I listened to this person singing this song I heard the part that was missing... "Promise me to Stay Strong..."  Then it clicked to me, no one could have know that song except for... not possible.... is it?

I quickly open the door and in front of me was a guy my age looking intently at Hye Rim-ah. He was good looking. He had the same body type as Sun Woo. He was wearing jeans and a black tee. He then looked at me. I recognized those brown eyes immediately. They were his eyes. The person in front of me stood up. He towered over me but I suddenly couldn't breathe. How is this possible? My mind was all over the place. I suddenly fell down. I remember seeing Kang Woo looking concerned asking me if I was okay right before I out.