Chapter 8

Monotonous Life, They Said

Chapter 8 - Truant


 

“Let me go!” You struggled as he dragged you to the rooftop.

You pulled your wrist off his grip with all your capability while he was heading to the stairway. Fortunately, you succeed this once. Zelo turned to look at you,

“You are not done yet.”

“What else? I washed your blazer, the stain was vanished already,” You stated matter-of-factly.

“But, can I even wear this?” He pointed to the damp blazer hanging on his right shoulder.

“Then dry it yourself.” You said.

“No no, you do it up there,” He motioned his head upwards, directing to the rooftop.

“No way. That's not even my obligant,” You tried to defend yourself.

“But this is an order,” He forcefully encircled his arm around your shoulder tightly, aware if you were going to struggled again and dragged you up with him towards the rooftop. You punched his chest repeatedly, trying to get off him with your fisted palm. But he grabbed your palm firmly so you couldn't fight anymore.

As you two arrived on the rooftop, Zelo closed the door to the rooftop and locked it immediately. He released you and the blazer to your palm to dry it in the sun.

“No. I don't want to,” You shoved the blazer back to the owner before walked to the door. Zelo quickly ran towards the door then blocked it right away.

“Move.” You said coldly.

He shook his head before handing the blazer to you. “I said, dry this first.”

You scoffed, “What are you, a five year old? You can do it by yourself,” You threw the blazer to Zelo's right shoulder.

“Who caused this?”

“Rhetorical question.” You spat back, rolling your eyes in annoyance

“Who?” Zelo repeated with gritted teeth.

“Of course Jong—” You stopped midway, knowing how stubborn Zelo was, you realized that he won't believe you if you say Jongup caused the juice accident. Zelo will ask an explanation why can be Jongup who caused this. And you were too tired—too lazy to tell him. You only wanted to have this thing finished and get away from him.

“Jong?” Zelo raised an eyebrow.

“Nevermind,” You shook your head.

You quickly snatched the blazer from him, making Zelo's right cheek whipped by the blazer's sleeve. You couldn't care less hearing his yell of pain and anger. All you cared was finish this as quick as possible.

After you hung the blazer, you turned to the door to leave the rooftop, but found it locked without the key hang on it. You sighed knowingly before approach Zelo who rested on the bench, arm crossed behind his head and eyes closed. You stomped your right foot on his purposely. He groaned in pain as he fluttered his eyes open. His eyebrow slightly furrowed when he saw you in front of him.

“What was that for?!” He yelled as he straightened up himself on the bench.

“The key,” You demanded as you held out your hand, motioning him to give you the thing you wanted.

His frown faded but replaced by a smirk formed on his face. He patted his left pocket repeatedly as he shook his head. You really didn't like seeing him smirked at you. He always smirk since before as if he enjoyed seeing you suffered. He actually really enjoyed that he could control you around. And you absolutely hated it.

“Come on, the last periods already started. There's no need to come back down if you don't wanna be caught. Just stay here and have some relax,” He patted the empty space beside him before he brought his arms behind his head, where them placed earlier and closed his eyes again.

You stared with clenched jaw and furrowed eyebrows. Really, already how many times did Zelo make your eyebrows nearly meet? This guy hadn't failed even once to annoy you.

But now you think that his words may be right. It was true that your last class already started, and you might get caught if you keep attend the class. What if Mr. Kang saw you on your way? What if you get detention after school? What will Jongup react when he know that you got caught? You suddenly became paranoid. But then you finally decided to stay there until school ends. Didn't bother to think of how to go home safely without getting caught.

You half-heartedly sat on the very edge of the bench, still keeping a quite gap as far as possible between the two of you. With a sigh, you picked your phone and started typing the message to Jongup and Soojin that were delayed earlier.

 

Zelo's POV

 

Honestly, I felt a bit bad for ordering her continously and made her skip classes. But, whose fault was that? That was still her fault for her lack of responsibility.

And as the time went on, I became enjoyed to order her without care about how she feels. And it was actually amusing to see her grumbling, frowning, and glaring.

 

Wait, what am I doing?

 

Shouldn't I act all cool and kind towards people in school instead of forcing people to do a thing? Was I just show a person my bad side? What if she tell her friends about my behaviour? And what if the entire students know that I was pretending all the time? What if my fans won't adore me anymore?

Dozens of questions flooded my mind that made me open my eyes and turned my face to the right side abruptly.

“Hey,—” I tried to sound as soft as possible, but I stopped when I saw her with closed eyes with her right hand grabbing her phone on her lap. Maybe she fell asleep.

 I felt myself softened when seeing her peaceful sleeping figure, as I slowly shifted towards her. She has better looks when she was asleep to be honest. She seemed so peaceful that she wasn't frowning anymore like before.

Suddenly her phone buzzed. I took a peek to her phone screen and surprisingly found my bestfriend's name written on it. I immediately snatched her phone to look in a better view, making sure that I saw the right name. Finding that he sent a text message to her, made me feel a rush of curiosity. I was about to open the message when a hand snatched it away from me. I looked to my side and saw her with knitted eyebrows and glaring with her sleepy eyes.

“Who allowed you to touch my thing,” She sounded more like stating instead of asking through her gritted teeth. I just shrugged nonchalantly before ask back, “Who are you to Jongup?”

She looked a bit taken aback by seeing how she widened her eyes a little before returning back to her frowning face. “None of your business.” She drifted her attention to her phone screen before typing on it then shoved her phone back to her pocket.

“That's my business so answer me,” I said back. She stared blankly at the scenery in front of her instead of giving me an answer.

Silence filled the place for a moment and it was seriously killing me. I tapped my fingers rapidly on the bench's surface, feeling uncomfortable by the silence.

“You know what,” She finally began. “I don't even know you, I bet that you are the same to me. But why did you act like we've knew each other since so long? You arbitrarily told me to do this and that. You ordered me around, and now you forced me to tell you what you actually don't really have to know. We're still complete strangers, don't you remember?” She uttered those words still without shifting his gaze from the view in front of her.

I'm pretty sure this was the longest she had talk. I looked at her, baffled and surprised was written all over my face. It took me a while to process what she have said. And yes, what she uttered earlier was right. But I didn't even know why, I just simply felt comfortable when I was around her. Sure she was annoying as hell and she didn't hardly success for getting on my nerves but it still amusing to see her reactions when I told her to do this and those things.

  I snapped out of my thought when suddenly I saw she stood up and made her way to my front. I looked up at her, I still couldn't find the right words to answer her question earlier.

“Now give me the key, please.” She said to me as she held out her hand again.

I gave her no response.

She sighed exasperately as she leaned in closer to me, it's really weird of me that I didn't duck away. I watched her as she reached out to my left pocket. I seriously couldn't understand myself, I didn't know why I didn't make any single move to prevent her from getting the key. But I just sat there watching her as her moves ran into a slow motion, from my view. She finally grabbed the key and the scene came back into fast pace. She quickly pulled away and made her way to the door.

I blinked a few times, realizing what she had done then I grabbed her wrist. “Enjoy what you did earlier?” I managed to once again. I didn't know either why was I acting like this.

She retracted her wrist as she threw a cold stare at me, “You forced me to do so,” She whirled around and marched towards the door. I didn't hold her back this time, I just let her go. The final bell was already ringing anyway. A small chuckle escaped my lips as I shook my head in amusement.

She was strangely attractive.

 

End of Zelo's POV

 

  You looked up as you stepped on the last rung only to released a sigh of relief that Zelo didn't follow you anymore. Remembering his behaviour towards you, made you snort in annoyance as you shook your head.

 

What an unpleasant meeting.

 


[A/N] So so sorry for the very very late update>< but i hope you guys like this chapter.. and, please please comment~ i really appreciate your thoughts. Thank You!