Chapter 7

Monotonous Life, They Said

 Chapter 7 - Failed Attempts


 

Jongup's POV

 

  Tae Rin kept defending herself and blaming me for the juice stain on Zelo's uniform. She really didn't want to admit defeat. She only wanted to be the innocent one, while the fact was that she was the one who spurt the juice. I just slapped her back to surprised her. And as a punishment for not waiting for me before. Altough I hate my sister sometimes, was it wrong if you want to walk with your sister?

Even if it's impossible, but if that Zelo guy finds and blame me, I will tell him that you are the real culprit. –Tae Rin

Well, Zelo didn't know that Tae Rin is my sister. He only knew that I have a sister. But he had never seen her and even didn't know her name. He moved to The States when Tae Rin still a junior highschooler. So, Zelo didn't know how was my sister's appearance, so as Tae Rin had no idea about Zelo.

Now, think about it. I just came and slapped her back without knowing that she stuffed the juice inside and didn't swallow it yet. I often did that to surprise her. And she didn't really mind it. Honestly, I didn't give attention and didn't notice that Zelo was in front of her. My aim was only to get revenge to her. Not making Zelo became the second victim from what I did.

He won't believe you, sis –Jongup

True. I was sure Zelo won't hear any excuse from a busted person.

Who said? –Tae Rin

I saw the fuming Zelo scratched his head making his hair into a mess, still confused to where he earn such a stain before. He stopped his move for awhile, and snapped his finger suddenly.

Me of course. It's up to you if you will believe me or not, but the thing is i'm not involved into this thing and that was not my fault –Jongup

After the reply sent, I looked up again only to see Zelo thightened his grip on his blazer before he leave our table, rushing to the hallway. I sighed in relief that he didn't suspect nor interrogated me.

Yeah, self defense was needed in this kind of situation.

Had a feeling what will Zelo do afterwards, I texted my beloved sister despite she didn't reply my previous message yet.

 

Well, good luck. –Jongup

 

End of Jongup's POV

 

He dragged you along with him, ignoring the weird stares given from students you two passed by. You couldn't even give any reaction as he darted to one of  the end of the hallway in front of the janitor. You couldn't think anymore, you were caught.

He suddenly stopped and slammed you making your back bumped against the wall. You closed your eyes and inhaled a sharp breath, tried to endure the pain before you open your eyes, meeting the guy's eyes looking down at you. You could feel anger boiling from the look he gave you. You looked away, biting your lower lip in anxiety. He snatched the juice pack you still held earlier and examined it for a while before he held out his blazer in front of you.

 “You are the person who caused this, right?” Zelo shook his blazer in front of your face. No, Jongup was right.

You regretted for not believing his word, but that was no use anyway, whenever you believe it or not, Zelo will definitely found and blame you no matter what.

You used your ignorant look, didn't want to meet his gaze. You just shrugged.

He narrowed his eyes before slammed a palm beside your head. You still didn't meet his eyes.

“Admit it.” He lowered his voice. Making you shivered but remained silent.

“Oh, you scared huh?” He clucked his tounge before slammed the same palm against the wall again.  “Answer me,” He demanded still with his low voice.

“You know the answer.” A sentence finally blurted absent-mindedly from your mouth. You didn't met his eyes yet, since your eyes wandered around looking for a good way to escape.

“Wow, how rude,”Zelo shook his head while clicking his tounge in disbelief. “Look, I just want you to admit your fault honestly. Not to make you throw any harsh answer at me.”

“Well, what do you want?” You forced yourself to look into his eyes.

“Clean this.” He pointed the stain. You narrowed your eyes immediately, there was no way you wanted to spend more time with him, especially having him slaving you around. Never.

Silence filled the air for a moment until you managed to find the right excuse as an object. The moment you opened your mouth, the bell rang signaling the next period would start. A small smirk appeared across your face. Right timing.

“Too bad, i'm going to attend my next class. So, bye.” You quickly shoved Zelo's arm, trying to escape as fast as possible. But, you felt his hand gripped your shoulder firmly and he slammed you back against the wall you were pinned before. You let out a small groan of pain. He bent down so his eyes were on the same level as you,

“Ditch.”

You narrowed your eyes as you gave him a wtf-look. He didn't have any rights to order you around. Okay, you were not the study-hard type. And you would sound desperate if you keep persuade him that you didn't want to miss any subject your teacher would give. Maybe that was a good thing for you to skip classes, but it was a big NO if you had to spend the truant time with Zelo.

And the worst part was your next subject would be Mr. Kang's class. He was known as one of the strictest teacher in your school. You seriously didn't want to mess up with him—not even once. He won't tolerate any excuse given from his students when they were already caught making infraction.

Knowing how stubborn Zelo was, that he wouldn't liberate you so easily no matter how far you kept insist him, you can just sigh.

First attempt, failed.

“What? I don't want to deal with Mr. Kang,” You grabbed his forearm, aiming to pry his arm off the wall. But he didn't budge even an inch.

“Why must be him?” He asked.

“My next class is his,” You rolled your eyes.

You could see a smirk appeared from his face, “Your loss then,”

Then his smirk grew even wider. Seriously, you wanted to drop that smirk off his face. “Or maybe your luck?” He tilted his head a bit, didn't change his expression from earlier.

You groaned in hatred. You hated the fact that you looked vulnerable in front of him. You really didn't want to let him win on his own game.

“This .” You muttered under your breath as quiet as possible. Making sure he didn't hear what you said.

“What?” He asked you.

“Nothing.” You retorted back. “Why must now? You can't wear it even though I wash it now. And that stain wasn't that shown afterall,”

Zelo, who also seemed didn't want to lose from you shot back, “You wanted to see me in embarrassment huh?”

You furrowed your eyebrows. How can that freaking well-not-so-small stain bring him into an embarassment? Too self-conscious.

“No one notice that right? That mark still unnoticable though,” You shrugged nonchalantly.

“This too, for a lesson for you to be responsible,” He shoved his blazer forcefully to your left hand then took the same blazer-covered hand with his own, before dragging you again.

He ignored your struggles as you two arrived in front of the men's toilet. He slammed open the door before entering with the struggling you still dragged behind him. Fortunately the toilet was empty, since everyone were in their classes. And this toilet was a bit far from the classes, so the students would rather use the ones nearer.

“Wash it here.” He commanded, pointing to one of the sinks.

You stared at him in disbelief. He must be kidding, right?

“No way!” You fought back.

“Why?”

“Isn't the answer obvious? This is men's toilet!”

“So?”

“I'm going to the women's.” You darted outside, but stopped when felt a strong grip on your shoulder spun you around so you were confronted to the same person earlier, Zelo.

“No. Right there.” He pointed to the same toilet as before.

You glared at him before freeing yourself from his grip. You already gave in. He followed you from behind, aware if you tried to escape again.

Second attempt, failed.

You grumbled while begrudgingly stomp towards the toilet to wash Zelo's blazer. He grinned in victory as he watched you opened the faucet.

 

“Yah, use some soap!” Zelo ordered in the middle of your washing. You paused and eyed him with furrowed eyebrows.

Not long after the pause, you ignorantly pumped some hand soap liquid into your hand before rubbing it on the stained part of Zelo's blazer. He widened his eyes in surprise.

“Why the heck you use hand soap, stupid?!” Zelo yelled.

You shrugged, “Hand soap is soap,” You washed the soap until it cleared than you shoved the still wet blazer to Zelo.

“Finish. Now, excuse me.” You brushed past him, heading to attend your next class since Mr. Kang's class already finished.

You were about to text Soojin, telling her to cover you from skipping Mr. Kang's class, but you noticed another message from Jongup. You opened it,

Well, good luck. –Jongup

You clenched your jaw, knowing what he meant. He won. He knew that Zelo had caught you.

You pressed the reply button to reply him but stopped because you felt a whisper near your ear,

“You forgot to dry this,”

The voice made you shiver from the proximity. You whirled around abruptly and slapped the person right on his face.

“! That hurts!” Zelo whined while glaring at you.

“Who told you to stand so near to me?” You retorted back, quickly placed your phone in your pocket.

“Who let you leave?” He rubbed his stinging cheek.

“My chore already finished,” You replied.

Zelo smirked as he snatched your wrist, “Not yet,”

 

Third attempt to escape from Zelo, failed also.