Chapter 6

Monotonous Life, They Said

Chapter 6 - Spurted


 

  “I'm going!” You shouted from the front door to your brother who just finished his breakfast. Jongup called you to wait for him, but you just waved while exiting your house.

Your lips didn't leave the straw of your morning juice which you already brought since you left your house. You were walking down the street but stopped abruptly when saw a tall guy wore the same uniform as you walking right in front of you, his ears were tucked with a pair of headphones. You slowed your pace, slowly following behind him. He seemed unfamiliar to you. You hadn't see a guy like him in school before. Well, as nonchalant as you were, you still knew almost all the students' appearance in your school. However, the way he slung his backpack only on one shoulder, the way his right hand sank inside his pants' pocket, and firstly his cooly designed headphones, attracted you. Being an ignorant you were, it was weird that you willingly follow and having a curiosity over a stranger. How can you have an interest to an unknown person?

You unconsciously stuffed the juice liquid into your mouth, making your cheeks puffed. Didn't gulp down the juice for a while since you were mesmerized by his headphones. You wanted to have one which have a good design like that.

A sudden loud slap on the back snapped you out of your trance. The strong touch startled you that making the liquid you saved in your mouth spurted forward as a reflex. And unfortunately, it precisely landed on the guy's back uniform, almost stained his bag. Almost.

Jongup caused all of this. You glared at him after stopped from choking, thanks to him for patting your back to stop choking. Eyes still pierced on Jongup, you wiped the remaining juice liquid around your lips with the back of your hand. This was not your day. Started with an unwanted accident that involved a stranger.

“I said wait for me didn't I?” Said Jongup. You just shrugged, totally annoyed with him.

You turned back to leave your brother, but ended up crashing into the tall guy's back. You really could smell the exact same scent as the juice you drank, the moment you crashed his back. You took several steps back while rubbing your forehead. You scolded yourself quietly for your own clumsiness. Once again, this was absolutely not yor day. The tall guy turn around immediately after feeling the bump on his back. You looked up, meeting his front appearance before eyeing him. You apologized and gave him a bow before excuse yourself. He just nodded,  followed you with his gaze as you stuck the juice straw back to your mouth. He didn't notice the juice stained on his back part of uniform. Jongup looked at your walking figure in disbelief. What a coward Tae Rin. Such a coward. Jongup hissed, throwing a look on his sister.

“Jongup?” The tall guy pointed at Jongup. Jongup finally realized that he still standing in front of the guy before. He looked at the guy and widened his eyes.

“You, Zelo?” The guy nodded. “Wow, buddy! How are you?” Jongup head-locked Zelo. He laughed, happy seeing the guy he missed in the morning. He totally forgot about the juice stain his sister made. They laughed and chatted happily during the walk to school.

The moment they stepped on the school area, some students who passed by them whispered about Zelo. The girl students squealed, and welcoming him. The boys greeted him too, some were slapping his back as a welcome. Some of the juniors and freshmen were having questioned look on their face but realized immediately, remembering the guy their seniors and friends talking about. The euphoria since two days ago was back among the students. Because the guy they were waiting for was already appearing.

No one notice the mark on Zelo's uniform. Since the morning, Zelo still had his bag slung on him so the stain were blocked by his bag. And in the clasroom, no one gave any attention onto Zelo's back. But, during lunch time, one of his friend named Hyuk approached him and patted his shoulder before joining the group to eat. But before he took a seat, he took a second glance towards Zelo's back and noticed the stain.

“What is that?” Hyuk pointed at Zelo's back. Zelo looked up at him, his mouth still filled with the food he didn't swallow yet. He looked adorable with puffed cheeks.

“What?” His voice muffled because of the food. Jongup side eyed his bestfriend anxiously. Although his sister who caused the stain, but that was all began from him. Jongup watched as Zelo took off his uniform's blazer and saw the obvious stain in confusion. The not too strong but distinctly same scent as the juice you drank before was smelled as he sniffed it. Zelo's face looked questioned but irritation was shown on his face. Jongup quickly took his phone before texted you.

You are in danger, sis. –Jongup

 

You received the text while you entered the cafeteria. Since your class had a late dismissal, so you had lunch later than the others too. You raised a brow while texting the reply,

What are you talking about? –Tae Rin

Your phone buzzed when you were picking the foods. You placed the tray on the table first before read the message,

Zelo finds out –Jongup

Find what? –Tae Rin

The juice stain you spurted. –Jongup

You narrowed your eyes. Just that? He said you were in danger just because of the juice stain? You didn't freak out since Zelo didn't know you, so it's nearly impossible if Zelo will come to you and throw his tantrums on an unknown person like you. And the accident was all from Jongup's sudden move. So, from your conclusion was, that was Jongup's fault.

He will blame you, not me. –Tae Rin

Jongup's eyebrow nearly met while he read your reply. He spotted you sitting on the corner of the cafetaria with your friend, but decided not to approach you.

What? No. You were the one who spat out the juice! –Jongup

He didn't want to admit his fault. He forced his mind to chant 'Tae Rin's fault, Tae Rin's fault, Tae Rin's fault'. So he blame you no matter what.

No, You caused it –Tae Rin

You mentally face-palmed yourself for having such a coward brother who wouldn't admit his own fault.

Well, who told you not to apologize and tell him you ruin his uniform in the first place? What a coward –Jongup

Jongup may be right, but he didn't apologize to you too when he made you choked on your juice.

And who didn't say sorry for making his sister choked on her drink? –Tae Rin

Neither you nor your brother wanted to admit each other's fault. You two kept blaming each other through message while you strolled the hallway until you were stopped by a guy who blocked your way. He wore the uniform shirt without his blazer. You looked up to meet the blocker's face and felt your heartbeat stopped the moment you met his face. He was looking down at you. You took a last gulp on your juice,

“Excuse me,” You excused yourself before scurried away past his side. He gripped your arm suddenly making you stopped but didn't turn your face to him.

 

“You are not excused yet, Miss.”

 


[A/N] Comment and subscribe~ tell me what you think from this chaper^^