Chapter 1

Monotonous Life, They Said

Chapter 1 - Farewell


 

  After one year and a half in the States, Zelo finally would come back to Seoul. He stayed in the US because of his father's job, so he must came with his parents. Of course , he missed his friends back in Seoul. But in the States, he easily got friends that can erase his emptiness. He felt happy yet sometimes wished that his friends back there could join him here. Zelo always convince himself with 'be patient Zelo, you wil be back after a year. Just wait.'

But that phrase didn't seem last long, since the more times he spent with his friends there, the more he thought about how much he will miss them when he leave.

 

 Zelo's POV

 

“Yep, done.” After my stuffs were packed, suddenly my phone rang. It was from Dave. “Zelo! Come to the park right now,” then he hung up. I stared at my phone, confused on what does he mean.

  So, I went downstairs and met my mom who dragged her suitcase out from her bedroom. “Where do you go?” she asked. “To the park” I said then left.

  When I arrived at the park, I saw Dave with my other friends, chatting, and laughing. I approached them. Ray was the first one who noticed me then he greeted me with his usual grin.

“So, what's up?” I asked Dave.

 “What's up? Of course we‘re here to spend the last two hours with you, buddy.” Dave said and threw his arm around my shoulder. I rolled my eyes, but still a smile crept on my face.

  We spent the one hour with chatting and joking. We teased each other but ended up laughing together. I will definitely miss these moments.  I heaved a sigh then looked at my watch. One hour already passed.

 How I wish that I can make the two hours go slowly.

 

End of Zelo's POV

 

  Ryan who was sitting next to Zelo, noticed Zelo's change of expression when he looked at his watch. Then, Ryan placed a hand on Zelo's shoulder,

“Hey, cheer up dude, we will miss you too. We still have an hour of fun right? Come on, smile,” he tugged Zelo's corner lips upwards. Yeah, at least he still had one hour for fun before he leave. He finally smiled back.

 

   After a while, suddenly Jake banged the table with his hand, making everyone startled then looked at him.

“What the heck was wrong with you?” asked Jade, his twin sister with an annoyed tone.

  Jake cleared his throat, “How about we take some photos as farewell photos?” He suggested. Everyone agreed immediately. “That's the reason why I bring my camera with me, fool.” Jade stuck out her tongue  then placed her camera so everyone can fit on the screen.

 Everyone positioned themselves in front of the camera. Jade already setted the camera into timer mode so everyone can prepare before posing. After everyone ready, Jade went to her camera, and clicked the button. The timer started to beep, and she ran into her first position before make a pose.

 

  Several poses were snapped.

“Guys, can we take the final photo with my phone?” Zelo suddenly asked.

They nodded simultaneously. Zelo held up his phone then Christie gave a commando,

“Everyone shout Zelo, okay? One, two three!” They shouted Zelo's name and the phone clicked.

 

 

  “It's time.” Zelo said after read a message from his mom, telling him to go home because they will leave soon. His friends who are looking at the photo results, looked up at him.

“Really?” Ryan asked. Zelo nodded weakly.

This time, it's their turn to looked sad.

“Hey, it's okay guys, at least we still can keep in touch right? You know, by video calling or else.”

 He tried to smile. Even though he felt his heart getting heavier deep inside. Yes, he hated farewells. And he hated the fact that he felt the sadness. Then, he received goodbyes, hugs, and pats on his shoulder. The phrase “I will miss you” were given by his friends to him.

 

  Zelo  was about to leave the park when,

“Wait!” Jake called then approached him, followed with Jade behind him, holding a box wrapped neatly. Zelo gave the twins a questioned look.

 “Take this, a gift from us.” Jade handed the box to Zelo.

 “Open it,” Jake said. Zelo stared at them, to the box, then to them again. He chuckled,

“You don't have to. But, thanks.”

 Zelo smiled then teared the wrapper and opened the box. He saw a snapback there. Jake took the snapback then placed it on Zelo's head.

“Wow, thank you guys.” Zelo smiled widely than gave them a hug.

 “Yeah, you're welcome, Zelo.”  Jake said and Jade nodded, smiling.

 And with that, Zelo waved his hand and bid goodbye before completely leave the park.

 

*          *          *

                      

 Zelo's POV

 

  The flight to Seoul was so long and I was starting to get bored from sitting here and do nothing besides eating the dishes given from the attendant and listening to music. I unlocked my phone then it showed my wallpaper, it was a photo of me with Dave and Ryan holding our own skateboard and a huge smiles were plastered on our face. The photo was taken when we attended the skateboard competition and Dave won it. So, we celebrated the victory with the others, and Ray took this picture with my phone. I smiled to myself while remembering the things i've done with my friends.

  I looked at the previous photo we took at the park, I couldn't help but smiled even wider seeing the expression of my friends. I chuckled at myself, earning a weird stare from the person next to me. I noticed the stare and gave him a little bow before I locked my phone and leaning back against the chair. I pulled my snapback downwards, so it covered half of my face and tried to sleep.

 

 

  “Junhong-ah,” Someone shooked my shoulder, I opened my eyes and looked at my mom who shooked me before, “We almost arrived, fasten your seatbelt.”

I did as she told and straightened up my chair. The plane landed safely. I looked to the window and smiled a little,

 

I'm back.

 


[A/N] Well, I kinda at first chapter, but, yeah.. hope you like it^^