How we met.

What is your choice?

The last thing I remember is me lying on the asphalt in a pond of blood and a lot of annoying noises around me, a lot of people screaming… Oh, yea – I was hit by a car. I closed my eyes. My body is hurting like hell, or even more. I wanted everything to finish quick. I didn’t care if I’ll die or not I wanted everything to end…

I open my eyes again and I’m in a bed in an unknown room… What happened? I got up and looked around, then my mind froze then I saw myself in the reflection in the window… I was back being 15?!

“What the hell!!!” I screamed… in Korean?! What happened?! Some old guy I have never met stepped in the room looking me with a smile.

“So you’re awake?” he asked cheerfully “I was scared you won’t wake up.”

“Who are you?” I asked as I stepped back.

“Oh… Excuse me” he said as he bowed “I’m Richard House – your grandfather”

“My what?”

“Grandfather… well you don’t know me, neither did your mom until few years ago.”

“Ok... gramps – explain a little. Why I’m looking like my 15-years-old self, and… wasn’t I hit by a car?”

“You need to sit down, before I start explaining” I did what he said and he started explaining to me. It happens that he’s something like an angel, but he’s called “guardian” (he showed me his wings which was more convincing), and that I was forced to become one so that I won’t die… As for why I’m looking like 15 years old kid – after forcing the transformation on me, a wish of mine was granted…

“I wanted to turn 15 years old?” I asked in disbelief.

“You don’t remember your wish?”

“Nope.”

“There’s someone you wanted to meet here. It’s a guy called Kim Jonghyun… you wanted to meet him before he can become famous.”

“What?! I would never do that! That’s like – changing the past!” I screamed. I hated stories about changing the past, and how your whole life can change if you do that. It was creepy!

“You’re not changing it.” He said calmly… I was too used to the fact that he’s my grandpa in such a short time… Everything is creepy!

“Explain again how I’m not, as I actually am!”

“When you were 15 you fall down the stairs, right?”

“Yea… I’m not that lucky… I was attacked by a dog, and my mom said I wasn’t able to talk for a month… but I don’t remember any of that... Now I’m hit by a car…”

“Well you were here.” I looked at him and tried assimilating… I DID try doing it! “Look, Olive, when your future self is making the wish, your past one is sent to the future in a deep sleep, and your future self is send here. That’s why you didn’t remember what happened in that month. So you’re not changing the past, it already happened. You just don’t remember it.”

“You sure?” I asked in disbelief and he nodded. “So I know Jonghyun?!”

“And the other five guys too.”

“Wow… That’s something.”

“You like the guy?”

“Yea… Silly fangirl… So any wish can be granted? What if I had asked to rule the world?”

“There are limits for the wishes. This is from the prohibited wishes that are never granted.”

“I’m lucky then… So how will I meet them?” It was weird, but why should I back off… I’m gonna meet SHINee! Even if this is one big dream I’m willing to do it.

“You are lucky – your gramps works in SM as an office manager. I arranged for you to be an assistant for a month. You’ll be helping the newbies… But there is a condition.”

“It was too good to be true – what is it?”

“You’re not allowed to speak in front of Jonghyun… which means you’re not allowed to speak with anybody except me.”

“Why?” I looked at him questioning and on his face formed a frown.

“He’ll die otherwise.” And then I understood that I’ll not be able to talk for a month. I can still write – that’s something… I’ll carry a big notebook with me.

“Hey, you do know what will happen, right?” Richard only smiled and then left the room… So no helping from the knowing one – why didn’t I think of that?

 

------

 

The next day I was introduced to the guys. For trainees they sure had a lot of work. I was bringing their food, water, towels I was passing them their schedule. When I saw how much work they had as trainees I swore to myself never to become an idol… I can’t imagine them after 2 years with all the concerts, and photoshoots, and tv shows... Oh – wait… I can! I saw ‘em already… But looking at them now I sure can’t portray how they’ll act in more than 2 years.

“What are you looking at?” Key said angrily… well - I was staring at them for the last few minutes… I searched for my note book and wrote I was sorry. “You can’t talk?” the way his voice raises for seconds kills my ears sometimes, but I got over it in the years. They didn’t knew I can’t talk and since the last week I was with them no one tried talking to me no wonder they never found out until now.

“I lost my voice due to shock.” They looked bluntly into the note book.

“You’re quite good at writing.” Onew praised me. Key didn’t have his nickname sill, but Onew did have his. I bowed lightly with my head and smiled. Then Taemin smiled at me… This boy is freaking cute no matter the time and year he’s in.

“So that’s why you were so quiet… We thought you had a grudge on us.” Onew continued trying to be friendlier with me.

“Having a grudge?! I admire you so much! You guys have great voices I bet you’ll be famous in the future!”I tried writing it as fast as I can and my handwriting went a little messy. After reading this Minho started laughing, which made me blush a lot… They didn’t know what I know.

“Nuna is cute, don’t you thing hyung?” Taemin turned to ask Kibum who went back to doing his activities.

“How should I know?” He replied arrogantly… well that’s the way he is.

“Yah! Kibum don’t be rude… The girl sure is cute.” Said a voice behind me… a voice I knew. I turned around to see Jonghyun entering the training room smiling at me. “What’s that?” He looked at the notebook in my hands and read what was on it. “Why thank you!” his smile became even huger and that made me smile too. “But why write?”

“She can’t talk. She wrote it in the first row, stupid.” Key said while redoing the moves of the dance they were learning.

“I’m not almighty like you are.” Jonghyun replied to him in a hasty tone… So Key had this almighty aura since back, huh?

“I’ll go get your lunches and be back in a few minutes.” I tapped Minho’s shoulder, since he was the closest to me and so that he could see what I wrote. He nodded and smiled at me.

Later they invited me to eat with them, and for the next one week they started talking to me a lot more and asking me to go out with them. Today was no different day, so I went to ask my gramps to permission to go out… not that he ever said no, but I had to ask. I went in his office and saw that there’s no one else, so I could talk properly.

“Hey.” I smiled at him.

“You’re going to ask me for money again?”

“Yea… Can’t I?” I smiled cutely, trying to copy Taemin’s innocent look. My grandpa sighted and passed me 20 dollars. We were going to a carnival today I guess he knew that. Then I heard the door closing behind me. I turned around shocked to see Key being there.

“You can talk?” he asked with his eyes narrowed. I was in a big mess now.

“She sure can… she’s just not allowed to.” My grandpa said simply as he stood up next to me. “At least now I can be a little more restful. Boy, can I ask you for something?”

“Sure…” Key said still having his eye narrowed.

“You see, she’s not allowed to speak in front of other people… call it a tradition in our family and I have to go to a two-week business trip, but I’m too scared to leave her alone. Will you watch over her? I’ll be more at ease if there’s someone she can talk to if something happens.”

“Oh…” his expression became normal again and he smiled. “But you’re gonna leave her alone? I can talk with my mom for her to stay with us. She’ll be happy to have a girl around the house.”

“That’ll be quite nice of you.” And that way everything was decided without my permission or approval.

The next day I moved in Key’s apartment. His mom came to Seoul with him until she’s sure that her son will succeed and they were staying in a small apartment near the company. She was really nice and loving mom I couldn’t stop smiling around her.

“You can talk to me when no one’s around. I promise I won’t tell anybody.” I heard his voice from below… I was sleeping in his bed, while he was sleeping on the floor.

“Thanks… you sure you don’t wanna sleep here? There is enough space.” I heard him sigh

“Just go to sleep.” I hugged the white bunny that the boys won for me in the carnival… though I didn’t want it, but they insisted, saying stuff like “We want you to have something to remember us with.” … too bad I can’t take the bunny with me. It was really cute – white with pink nose and years.

So time passed and the time I spent with Key in his house was quite nice. He was really a caring person and a good listener too. I wonder if he can imagine himself with orange hair… probably not.

I had only three days left with them. I was close with everyone and had a great time with them. That night I finally convinced Key to sleep in the bed and not on the floor. I hugged my bunny and faced him.

“Where do you see yourself in 4 years?” I asked. I wanted to know how he portrays himself.

“Being a super star with the guys… they’re annoying sometimes, but quite nice.” I smiled and continued looking at him. His dream was going to come true. “And you?”

“Lazing in bed at home.” I wasn’t lying except for the home part…

“By the way… I wanted to ask for some time now. Do you like Jonghyun? You’re always smiling at him and getting blushed and looking him strangely…” he looked at me as if he was trying to see through me. I turned the other way and when my face stopped blushing I answered.

“Yes… I do like him.” I was really blunt in saying it, but I felt like I can trust him. “But nothing will happen, after tomorrow I’ll go back to my homeland and I won’t see you guys again.” I smiled and faced him.

“Why not see us again?” he was looking really sad. “You have to come back one day!” he sat down and looked again at me his gaze piercing me through. “Promise me! You have to come back one day, find me first and tell me the whole truth.”

“The whole truth?” I asked not getting what he wants to say.

“About you not speaking in front of other people.” I smiled childish and stretch my pinky to him.

“I promise that when you guys become super famous and sing on a big stage and win an award I’ll come and find you and tell you everything, and you are not allowed to be scared of the truth!”

“You’re picky.” he chuckled at me and linked his pinky with mine. The symbol of our promise. “I promise.”

My final day I didn’t had to go to the company and the guys were having a packed day, so I decided to take a walk. There were a lot of cute shops around here, and they were selling a lot of things. I stopped and took a look at one stand with necklaces. There was this really cute bottle like ornament with a key in it. I thought to myself that It will surely look good on key so I bought the thing and when I got to the house I placed it on his study table with a little note. I put my clothes in the bag my grandpa gave me and went out where he was waiting for me.

“So how was the one month?”

“Precious!” I answered with a huge smile and went with him.

 

------

 

As I opened my eyes I saw the white ceiling with the huge lamps on it and heard one really annoying sound.

“So you’re finally awake? You make me worry for the second time.” My grandpa was smiling next to me. I raised my eyebrow not getting what he means. “You were asleep for two years… It’s 2010 now.”

“Oh… Guess my dream was too good.” Before sending me back here he explained to me that it may take some time for me to wake up… two years is quite a long time. I smiled and stand up; not carrying what the nurse was telling me to do. “I can see them again, right?”

“First convince the doctors that you’re ok and can get out, after that you’re coming with me.” I nodded and looked through the window. “They won quite a lot of awards already and are performing on big stages.” I smiled… I had to catch up to the information I missed in those two years.

“So I need to fulfill my promise.” I looked at Richard who handed me a photo of me and them.

“You may need it. You changed quite much over the years.”

“So did they, gramps.” I smiled at the photo.

I’m definitely gonna come to your next concert. Just you wait… Key.

 

 

 

 

--------

Here it is - the boring first chapter!!! Don't kill me if you wasted your time reading it and are sorry now... I'll try doing the next chapter more interesting.