chapter 31

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

For the first three minutes, a total of 15 kids were already out. You were running down the hall chasing a girl on the other team down the hall when Minjoo came to join you.

     "I'll help you out," Minjoo said with a wink. You gave her a strange face. *That was weird.* You thought, but shrugged it off and continued to chase the girl. "Hara-yah!" Minjoo yelled out and the girl looked back with a  smirk. Hare went into the open and she stopped. She turned around and faced you. You stepped forward and took a grab at her nametag, but Minjoo pulled her away from you. You took another grab and you finally got your hands on Hara's nametag.

   "EUNHEE! YOU'RE HURTING HER!!" Minjoo shouted so loud for the world to hear and before you knew it, you had hara's name tag in your hand and Hara collapsed onto the floor. After hearing the shout, a few kids started coming in, including Suho who was around the area. You saw some of the kids pointing at you and whispering to their hands.

  "EUNHEE! YOU'RE HURTING HER!" Minjoo shouted so loud for the world to hear and before you knew it, you had Hara's name tag in your hand and Hara collapsed onto the floor. After hearing the shout, a few kids started coming in, including Suho who was around the area. You saw some of the kids pointing at you and whispering to their friends. "I'll take Hara to the nurse," Minjoo said with tears in her eyes. She and Goo Hara faced away from the crowd and moved away and their lips curled into a smirk.

  "Eunhee, did you really do this?" Suho asked softly as he approached you. You shook your head.

  "She's lying Suho," A kid said loudly and snickered after saying that. You frowned.

  "I am not," You said a bit harshly.

  "You guys can go," Suho said. "Get more people out cause there's not enough time now." The kids grumbled and left as they were told.

  "Suho oppa, can you help me out? Hara fainted and I can't carry her all the way to the nurse's," Minjoo called out and Suho automatically went to help out. You watched them leave silently.

  "It is now time to switch sides. Everyone from the blue team please take off your bells and the red team should put their bells on." The speaker said and you continued the game as if nothing ever happened.

  In the end the red team won. Everyone went to sleep and the days went by.

 


 

It was finally the last night of the trip and everyone was looking forward to this. The teachers gave a chance to play a game regarding all of the couples. (This was begged by someone and the teachers finally gave in). You were walking beside Suho and Kai to go to the meeting place for the activity when Mimi and Soojin pulled you aside. Mimi had a suspicious glint in her eyes as she looked at you.

  "You're dating Suho aren't you?" Mimi questioned, wiggling her eyebrows. You immediately shook your head. Mimi's eyes narrowed. "That answer was too quick. Something seems fishy..."

  "We both ship you two. I can't believe we just noticed. I mean you guys ALWAYS spend time together," Soojin casually said, then started to glance around the area. You blushed a light pink. *Do I like Suho? I've never considered it* you thought but you immediately disregarded it. You noticed Soojin glancing around hopefully and began glancing around yourself. Furrowing your eyebrows, you opened your mouth to ask a question.

  "Soojin, what are you looking for?" You asked. Soojin blushed and scratched the back of her neck. Mimi giggled, looking at you with a grin.

  "I don't think she's looking for something. I think she's looking for someone," Mimi spoke.

  "No I'm not," Soojin whined, crossing her arms with a pout. You gave her a look and nudge.

  "You're looking for Baekhyun, aren't you?" You asked mischievously with a glint in your eyes. Soojin blushed further, hesitantly answering.

  “N-no, why would I-I be?” Soojin stuttered. Mimi rolled her eyes and punched Soojin’s shoulder lightly.

  “Hey, don’t lie Soojin. Eunhee and I both know that you’re looking for Baekhyun.” Mimi declared. “Are you guys dating?” Mimi raised her brows in utter curiosity. Soojin shook her head furiously. Just then, someone cleared their voice and tapped Soojin’s shoulder. She whirled around, seeing a average-looking boy with chocolate brown hair.

    “Hey Soojin. My name is Minjae, Lee Minjae.” Minjae introduced himself, holding out his hand. Soojin shook his hand politely with a soft smile. “Um, I was w-wondering if you would like to be my partner for the couple game. I k-know we’re aren’t a couple and all, but I was hoping if you would accept me.” Minjae asked bravely, brushing his bangs out of his eyes.

    You and Mimi’s eyes widened at Minjae’s words and intently watched Soojin for her answer. Soojin was surprised and it took her a few seconds to collect her thoughts.

    “Um…” Soojin started, but was quickly interrupted.

    “Sorry, but she’s taken,” A familiar, melodic voice spoke out. You, Mimi, Soojin, and Minjae turned towards the person who spoke. Baekhyun stood there handsomely, a charming smirk on his face and his hands tucked in the pockets of his jeans. He looked so dashing and natural in the way he stood that it made the blush return to Soojin’s face.

    “B-Baekhyun o-oppa,” Soojin called out softly in her sweet voice. Baekhyun’s smirk melted into a sweet grin as he began making his way closer. He reached Soojin’s side and slung his left arm around her shoulders. He kissed the top of her head while Minjae stared at them. Baekhyun turned his attention to Minjae, his smirk reappearing.

   "Hey, I'm Byun Baekhyun and you are?" Baekhyun asked. Minjae looked from Baekhyun to a blushing Soojin, her eyes solely directed towards Baekhyun affectionately and then back to Baekhyun. Minjae stared at Baekhyun with envious eyes.

   "Um... I'm Minjae... nice to meet you, I guess." Minjae introduced himself again. Then he looked back to Soojin. "Well, it was nice talking to you Soojin. If you'll all excuse me, I have to go now." Minjae forced a fake smile and his heels, walking away quickly. Once he was out of sight, Baekhyun grinned. Assa! He’s gone. No one is taking Soojin away from me. NO ONE! Baekhyun nodded to himself in approval.

Baekhyun looked down a little at Soojin, happy that his arm was still around her. She looked dumbfounded with what just happened. She slowly turned her gaze towards Baekhyun and they looked into each other’s eyes.

“Baekhyun oppa..” Soojin whispered, shyly.

“It’s all okay now. No man is gonna steal you away from me,” Baekhyun said with a wink. “Well in this case, a boy he not gonna steal you away from me. Minjae’s not a man, but I amt.” Baekhyun said with a determined expression. Soojin giggled shyly. Baekhyun grinned, his eyes glowing with love.

You and Mimi were staring at this sparkling romance and slowly backed away while trying not to burst out laughing. In the next second, Baekhyun grabbed Soojin by the shoulders. This made you and Mimi automatically turn around.

“Let’s not ruin the moment,” You whispered to Mimi. She nodded her head in agreement. The two of you slowly began walking away.

“Soojin… will you be—” You and Mimi heard Baekhyun say hesitantly. “My p-” Baekhyun continued.

“HEY GUYS!” Chanyeol jumped in between Baekhyun and Soojin. “WHAT ARE  YOU GUYS UP TO?” Chanyeol said enthusiastically.

The both of you were only a few feet away when the two of you heard Chanyeol’s deep yet enthusiastic voice. The both of you whipped your heads around with widened eyes and face-palmed yourselves lightly.

“Leave it to Chanyeol to ruin Soojin and Baekhyun’s romantic moment.” You said and shook your head. Mimi smiled, agreeing with you.

Not hearing a response, Chanyeol looked towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s happy face suddenly turned into one of fright.

“Hyung?” Chanyeol squeaked. Baekhyun’s face was blank, providing a dark aura. You could literally see waves of darkness emerge from Baekhyun.

“YOU GIANT TURD!” Baekhyun screamed at the ever so tall Chanyeol, making Soojin flinch. It was like looking at an ant screaming at a giraffe. Chanyeol’s lip quivered while his eyes started to water a bit. You and Mimi rushed over to the three. You grinned while Mimi couldn’t help but to laugh. Chanyeol had his head hung low while muttering a ‘sorry’ to Baekhyun, but as soon as he heard Mimi’s giggle, he brightened a bit and looked up. He finally saw where Mimi was.

“Mimi!” Chanyeol left Baekhyun huffing and made his way over to Mimi.

“Will you be my partner for the couple game?” Chanyeol asked with a twinkle in his eye. It was Mimi’s turn to be dumbstruck.

“Uhh… that was sudden,” Mimi said slowly. “But sure! Yeah! Why not?” Mimi brightened up the mood. Chanyeol pumped his fist and clapped his hands excitedly.

“Yes! Thanks Mimi,” Chanyeol smiled a wide grin. Mimi smiled back, reaching to pat Chanyeol’s shoulder on her toes. She turned to you and you couldn’t but to smile and high-five her.

“Yeah Mimi! You got yourself a partner,” you cheered. Mimi hugged you tightly, thanking you.

            “Yup and now you need to get a partner.” Mimi winked. You fidgeted in place, unsure about getting partner.

            “What if I don’t—” You started. Mimi glared at you, making you gulp in fear.

            “You are getting a partner for the couple games no matter what. And if you don’t want to, well too bad because I’m gonna make sure you get one. I’m your bestfriend and I want you to participate. Besides I have Chanyeol as my partner AND I have a feeling that Baekhyun and Soojin will be lovey dovey partners. You got it?” Mimi scolded. You sighed.

            “Arraso ‘omma’,” you stuck out your tongue. Mimi smirked with a nod.

            “Calm down, oppa…” Chanyeol, Mimi, and you heard Soojin say. The three of you turned to Soojin and a still fuming Baekhyun, a deep pout evident on his pretty face. Chanyeol frowned, biting his lip.

            “Hyung I’m sorry I interrupted you. Please… forgive me….” Chanyeol pleaded guilty. Soojin turned to Chanyeol with a reassuring smile.

            “It’s fine Yeol oppa. Baekhyun oppa is just a little disappointed.” Baekhyun looked at Soojin.

            “How come he, my best friend, gets a nickname from you, but not me?” Baekhyun became jealous and sad as his pout deepened if that was even possible. He added his puppy eyes to increase the cute effect. Soojin squealed inside, having the urge to hug him.

            “I’ll give you a nickname, oppa.” Soojin winked. Baekhyun’s expression immediately melted into one of happiness and excitement.

    “REALLY?!” Baekhyun asked excitedly.

    “BUT,” Soojin started, mischievously. Baekhyun pouted, but nonetheless waited for her to finish the sentence. “You will apologize to Yeol oppa for calling him a turd and you’ll forgive him for interrupting you.” Baekhyun smiled the sweet, adorable smile of his and walked over to Chanyeol.

    “Chan, I’m sorry for calling you a turd. I was just, you know, angry that you interrupted me when I was talking to Soojin. Oh and I forgive you. How could I ever stay mad at my best friend?” Baekhyun grinned. Chanyeol grinned as well as he crushed Baekhyun in a bear hug. Baekhyun just kept his grin as he hugged back, patting Chanyeol’s back.

    “Thanks!!” Chanyeol spoke happily and released Baekhyun. They fist-bumped each other. Baekhyun quickly returned to Soojin.

    “Now can I have a nickname?” Baekhyun’s eyes were rounded and sparkling with hope and Soojin nodded.

  "Baek! Wait... no. I'll call you Bae." Soojin grinned, nodding to herself. "Yeah I'll go with Bae. It's cute." Baekhyun said his nickname out loud, feeling it roll off his tongue. His eyes glistened. It was perfect. *Bae...* Baekhyun thought. *I love it!* Baekhyun blushed and his eyes rounded when he felt a pair of soft lips on his right cheek, and his blushing increased tenfold.

    *Wow… their love life is going so smoothly* You thought, and you turned your head only to see Lay face to face.

    “I wanted to ask you something,” Lay started out slowly, catching the attention of Mimi. Mimi’s eyes went wide. *It’s not Suho. It’s not Suho.* A thought suddenly crossed her mind. dropped. *Lay likes her too?!*

    “Can we be partners for the game?” Lay said. He didn’t say anything about couples or anything so you decided not to take this as a confession or anything like that.

    You nodded. “Sure!” You said with a smile. Mimi slapped her forehead. She let her hand fall back down and as she was about to make her way towards you, she caught a glimpse of Suho. She stopped in her tracks and watched Suho turn away just as Minjoo stopped him.

    “Suho-oppa, be my boyfriend for the couple game,” Minjoo said with confidence. Mimi smirked.

    *Like he would say ‘yes’* Mimi thought rolling her eyes.

    “Okay,” Suho replied, and Mimi, with her dismayed face slowly turned away.

    *Ah.. What a show…* Mimi thought, bumping into you.

    “Eunhee!” I heard that you-” Mimi paused, seeing you with a dazed expression. “HELLOO?!”

    “Aah. Umm. Sorry. What were you saying?” You said taken aback by your best friend’s long ‘hello’.

    “Nuthin’. Just heard that you were gonna be a couple with La~y,” Mimi said playfully.The two of you turned to walk the opposite direction, but before you made any progress forward, Mimi took a glance towards the area where you were staring at.

    Mimi’s mouth shifted to the side. *It’s Suho and Minjoo.*


Well. This chapter was kinda long... Sorry that this might be a bit slow. Heh. But I'm gonna try to speed it up now!