chapter 10

Was Alone - Not Anymore [Discontinued]

No One's POV

           You stopped in your tracks. 

           "S-say that again?" you stuttered.

            The boys looked confused. "We live here," they said meeting your gaze. You looked at them like they just said something irrelevent. You shook your head, clearing all of those thoughts and quickly went back to reality.

          "So you guys live in this neighborhood, huh?" you said while turning back around and continued to walk along the path. They nodded as they proceeded to walk.

           Time passed by and only the sound of footsteps were heard; other than that, no one dared to talk. Finally you spoke up as you reached your destination, "Where do you guys live?" 

          Chanyeol spoke up first, "Well me and Baekhyun live together. We live right over there,"he pointed to a beige and dark greenish house. You looked to see that it was only 3 houses away from yours. Your eyes got a bit wide knowing how close Chanyeol and Baekhyun's house was to yours. As you looked over at their house again, you finally noticed that some moving trucks were parked on the driveway of the house between your house and Chanyeol's house. *Someone finally bought that house... I wonder who-* you abruptly ended your thought, thinking that it was none of your business.

          Luhan faced Lay. "Let's go,"then he looked at you. "Bye Eunhee! Our house is right down the road!" You turned back at Luhan only to see him and Lay waving 'goodbye' and approaching one of the houses across from yours. Your eyes widened a bit more. *Do they all live this close to me?!*you thought dazed. 

          Suho's voice got your attention. "D.O., we should get going too." He faced you, smiling, "Our house it right next to Lay and Luhan's house. Well see you tomorrow, Eunhee!"

          D.O. happily waved bye and followed after Suho. You blinked, obviously dumbfounded. You lifted up your hand and waved hesitantly. Then you turned to face your home and entered your front yard hoping none of the guys would see you go in. But one of them did, in fact did catch you swiftly entering your house.

         "Oh, I guess Eunhee lives right in the middle of all of us - right Kyungsoo?"

          D.O. looked back to see what Suho was talking about. Seeing nothing, he looked back at his hyung. "What do you mean?" 

         "Oh, you didn't see? Eunhee lives right over there; Right across from us." D.O. looked back, seeing the house that Suho was pointing at. 

        "Eunhee lives right there?! Wow... she lives really close to us," he said nodding his head in satisfaction. D.O. was still looking at your house as he approached his own. 

         When D.O. was just about to turn around, he was too late to have found out that he ran into a wall. He froze looked forward and his face was blank. He was so still that Suho had to make sure he was still conscious. When Suho came over to see D.O. he saw that he was on the verge of collapsing. 

        "Aahh~" Suho gasped as he went to save the falling D.O. "Yah, you okay? Wake up!" but it was no use. D.O. fell unconscious.


         You looked out your bedroom window as D.O. ran into the wall. You chuckled a bit, but that stopped once you saw him fall. You leaned against your window like you were going to run out there and catch D.O., but you slumped back into your chair with relief once you saw that Suho caught him just in time. They went inside their house, and closed their door.

          You sighed. "I guess I should be doing some homework, huh?" you asked yourself. You took out your work, only to find that you didn't have any. You blinked. *I thought I had some, but I guess I don't... Well that's all good!* you thought happily since you didn't like homework at all. Who would anyway? Max, your puppy came up to you and put his paws on your leg, begging for some attention. You smiled, "Aw, Maxxy, you want to go on a walk?" you said getting up.

           *Oh yeah! I gotta get some groceries too!* you remembered. You grabbed your bag with your wallet inside and Max's leash and headed out the door. The breeze of the autumn evening greeted you as you took a step outside. Max jumped around enjoying the weather.

           "Well, we're off!" you said to Max laughing. Right then and there, you saw Lay walk past your yard, and you quickly tried to go back inside, but it was too late. Max's leash slipped out of your hand and you watched as he pranced up to Lay. Lay was surprised and his expression turned gentle as always. He crouched and ruffled behind Max's ears. He looked up and saw you standing on the steps to your porch. At this, Lay got up with a shocked expression. 

           "Eunhee, you lived here?" He said obviously surprised. You smiled awkwardly and nodded. "You're dog?" he guessed, and you nodded once again.

          "Well I'm out to give him a walk and buy some groceries," you said looking at Max. 

           "Why not I come with you?" Lay suggested. There was no way you could turn him down. You were not that kind of person to reject someone if they asked you something. You just nodded.

          "Sure, it wouldn't hurt, would it?" 

           Lay smiled and shook his head. You grabbed Max's leash from the ground, but Lay took it from you. 

           "It's okay, I can hold it," you said putting your hand out so that Lay could give the leash back, but he kept it in his hand. You looked up at him as he shook his head.

            "You just have to carry the groceries," he said in a teasing manner. You made a face -_-

             "Isn't that the guy's job?" you said quietly, complaining slightly, which made Lay smile. You two walked past the newcomer's house next to your house and that was when you saw a girl around your age. She looked kind of anxious in your eyes. She looked up and your eyes met for a split second when you both looked away quickly. 

             "Who's that?" Lay asked using his head to tell you that he was talking about the girl.

             "Someone that moved here just today I guess," you said slightly unsure about your answer. You kept walking and Lay followed. After getting out of your neighborhood, there was a row of shops and stores to go to and people came in and out of them. You walked towards the mart where you always buy your groceries. Lay followed behind, awed by the numerous number of stores around him. 

              As you arrived at 'Fresh' as it was called, you tied Max's leash to a post and fed him a treat. "Good boy. Now promise that you'll stay here?" Max wagged his tail and rubbed his muzzle against your leg. You smiled at the sight and got up following Lay into the mart. 

             "So what do you have to get? I'll get some things for you," Lay offered.

             "Thanks, can you get me a pack of clementines and..." that was when you spotted Chinho coming out from one of the aisles of the store. "You can just get that," you finished quickly before you ran off to hide in one of the aisles. Lay was left speechless because you left too fast, so he just shook it off and went to find the clementines.

Chinho's POV

               I was in the 'Fresh' to get some groceries that my mom made me buy. I was really reluctant in doing it, but I guess I ended up doing it anyway. I went to get some soy sauce and spices which were in aisle 1. After 10 minutes, I was finished picking out what I needed so I walked out of the aisle, but I'm not sure if my eyes were tricking me, but I was pretty sure that I saw Eunhee. For some reason my heart skipped a beat when I thought I saw her. I don't know the reason why, but for some reason, I always enjoy making fun of her. She probably takes it all as a joke; I mean we've known each other for a long time.

              As I went out of the aisle, I saw Lay standing there, and he just stood there for a second and went off to look for something. I looked over to see what he was grabbing, but couldn't see so I went over to him.

              "Hey, Lay!" I called out, and he turned around. "What are you here for?" I asked seeing that he picked up a pack of clementines. 

             "I came with..." he paused, and I could see that he was thinking if he should say anything more or not. 

              "With..." I encouraged him to go on, but he just shook his head. 

             "I came alone to buy some clementines," he finished and I nodded. For some reason I feel as if he's lying to me about that, but why would he lie anyway? So I let that slide and continued to talk with him as we made our way to the cash register. 

              "Did you know that clementines are Eunhee's favorite fruit?" I told him. At that he hesitated a bit and shook his head. 

             And that was when I heard Eunhee's voice.

No One's POV

                 You decided not to waste any time so you went ahead in buying your groceries. As you grabbed all of them, you sang inside your head because you couldn't wait to get a tast of the clementines. 

            As you came out of the aisle, you saw Lay and someone beside him. *Probably one of his friends* you thought.

           "Lay!" you called out, and he and the other guy turned around. Time stopped at that moment. You felt like you stopped breathing; you just wanted to disappear at that moment.

           "Eunhee?" Chinho said making a 'what the heck' face at me. All of your happiness disappeared and you grabbed the bag of clementines from Lay and went to the register. You quickly paid and went outside and went to untie Max's leash when you saw that Max was not there.

           You're heart stopped beating and you felt light headed. But then you heard a bark-a bark that sounded so familiar to your ears. It was Max. Luckily, you had a small load so you stuffed it into your bag and swung it over your shoulders and ran towards Max's barks. You were led to an alley and you saw a dark shadow and Max tied tightly onto a pole. 

          "You want him back?" the anonymous person said in a deep tone. You were kind of afraid, but you decided to take a step forward.

          "Obviously," you said back bravely. You were sure that you saw the person grin widely.

           "Well then come and get him!" he yelled and charged forward. 

          *This guy must be drunk* you thought raising a brow. 

           You accepted the challenge and you charged toward the anonymous person.


Sorry for the late note right here... -_-

If you have any suggestions whatsoever, feel free to comment!

(Updating might be slow these days... sorry in advance~)

Subscribe & Comment

Please^_^