☾VI

A touch of fear.

The next morning wasn't really more peaceful than the previous night that Kyungsoo had when Baekhyun was about to break down the door with his knocks. "KYUNGSOO" Baekhyun shouted. "Oh God!" Kyungsoo breathed out trying to move a little bit but the pain in his back stopped him "He's going to break down the door at any second" Jongin said giving death glares to the door, or probably, for the one who was standing behind that door. "Good morning" Kyungsoo yawned then clenched his teeth, mentally cursing for having a really weak body that can not endure the pain."Morning ! I'm afraid that you have to move out of the couch before your friend call the police" Jongin pursed his lips shaking his head from side to side sighing and Kyungsoo wondered if Jongin didn't really leave him last night when he fell asleep, because the moment Kyungsoo opened his eyes Jongin was right there, standing in front of him casually, and Kyungsoo wouldn't deny it because Kyungsoo is totally used to Jongin's presence now, it doesn't surprise him anymore. "I can't move" Kyungsoo said looking up at Jongin in a very sad look, he looked much more in pain than sad in Jongin's eyes who smiled a little bit than sat down next to him carefully "I know, let's calm down your friend first, we'll have to change your bandages later so ..." Jongin suddenly stood up and stretched his arm out to put it gently under Kyungsoo's head who was confused wondering what was Jongin trying to do. Their eyes met, Jongin's face was few inches away of his own face again, Kyungsoo's heart beat fastened and the boy almost got lost into the younger boy's eyes, almost, because Kyungsoo didn't, he couldn't actually, he realized that he was just looking for something specific in his eyes; sparkles, but Jongin's eyes were dark, so dark that made Kyungsoo feel even more certain that there was no sign of life in the boy, he was lifeless; Kyungsoo couldn't reach Jongin's soul, Jongin felt empty.

"Stop starring!" Jongin ordered looking down at the boy who blinked repeatedly and looked away snapping himself out of his train of thoughts, Jongin tried to hide his smile and keep a serious face but he failed eventually and smiled a bit thinking of how cute Kyungsoo can be sometimes. "FOR GOD'S SAKE KYUNGSOO" Baekhyun shouted from outside and Jongin rolled his eyes almost forgetting about Baekhyun outside "I'm going to carry you up!" Jongin said and placed his other arm under Kyungsoo's knees, Kyungsoo's hand automatically clenched on the fabric of Jongin's shirt and buried his face into the younger boy's shoulder whom kept starring at Kyungsoo's finger who were curled up around his clothes. "Soo I won't hurt you relax" Jongin whispered and kissed Kyungsoo's hair, Kyungsoo just nodded refusing to make an other eye contact with the boy. Jongin carried him up carefully earning a slight whimper from Kyungsoo which made Jongin stop moving and freeze in place "I'm OK!" Kyungsoo said mentioning to Jongin to move. 

With Jongin's help, Kyungsoo was able to stand up behind the door ready to open it "Are you going to go somewhere ?" Kyungsoo asked his voice was low, he was almost whispering "no ?" Jongin whispered back "I don't have to hide Soo, he can't see me" Jongin chuckled and Kyungsoo frowned probably thinking of how stupid he sounded "Ok step behind me !" Kyungsoo said grabbing Jongin's wrist dragging him behind his back, Jongin looked confused for a second "But ... why?" Jongin asked placing his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder then titled his head to the side in a questioning way "To make a room for Baekhyun when he comes in and ..." Kyungsoo stopped talking when he turned his head to the side to find himself really close to Jongin's face an other time, he coughed almost choking on his own breath and pushed the younger boy slightly away, a shade of pink making its way up to Kyungsoo's cheeks he blinked again and Jongin was able to hide his smirk this time. "KYUNGSOO I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE ! OPEN THE ING DOOR" Baekhyun yelled while Kyungsoo brushed his face into his hands sighing "This is gonna be tough" He looked up after that and breathed in "Hey let's make it clear Kyungsoo ! Your friend can't see me nor hear me nor bump into me or touch me okay ? Just worry about yourself" Jongin said giving a squeeze to the smaller boy's shoulder who nodded and finally opened the door to reveal a very angry Baekhyun. 

"KYUNG ...... soo" Baekhyun was about to yell but he ended up whispering the last part and gasping while covering his mouth when he saw Kyungsoo's swollen face  "Oh my god! what happened to you?" Baekhyun stepped in talking in a shaky voice , eyes wide open examining Kyungsoo's face carefully with teary eyes "Hey Baek" Kyungsoo smiled weakly "I'm fine don't freak out" Kyungsoo said closing the door behind him "He's obviously gonna faint in at any second, he's freaking out already" Jongin said "Look at his pale face" Jongin added pointing at the boy's small face, Kyungsoo's eyes went bigger when he saw how close Jongin's finger was to Baekhyun's nose and which made Kyungsoo cough even harder waving his hand up in the air mentioning for Jongin to keep quiet and get away of him "Hey are you okay ?" Baekhyun held Kyungsoo's hand noticing the small cuts on it "I'm good I'm good! I need some help I can't walk properly" Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun nodded wrapping Kyungsoo's arm immediately around the back of his neck to support him. While walking few steps forward to the living room, Kyungsoo punched Jongin's stomach lightly when he passed right beside him, Jongin of course didn't feel anything but he pretended like he was in pain then chuckled and stickled his tongue out at Kyungsoo then followed behind them both of his hands on the back of his head while sighing dramatically.

"Your phone is off and you didn't go to work and ... and what happened Kyungsoo ?!" Baekhyun asked looking so frustrated "I was just being bullied by some few guys, well one of them... and he stole my phone I didn't turn it off" Kyungsoo explained, but one answer didn't stop Baekhyun from asking many other questions, Baekhyun wouldn't be relieved unless he hear all of the details of course and that's what Kyungsoo did. "Kyungsoo why don't you just comeback and live with us ?" Baekhyun asked but his voice sounded like he was pleading, Kyungsoo smiled and shook his head "It's not about where I live Baek, same thing would've happened anyway" Kyungsoo chuckled "But I wouldn't be worried this much and I miss you a lot, I really thought that some ghosts killed you" Baekhyun said having goosebumps all over his arms, he rubbed his arms with his hands and frowned "I still dislike this house" Baekhyun added looking around while Jongin glared at him "Excuse me while I kill your friend for real" Jongin said and was about to stand up but Kyungsoo coughed really hard while shaking his head from side to side aggressively "Baek ! shut up" Kyungsoo ordered looking at Jongin instead of Baekhyun it's like he was asking him to seat down and stay still "Ghosts doesn't kill ! Do you think you would find any death certificate issued in the last 100 years in any civilized country that gave 'death by ghost' as the cause ?" Kyungsoo asked trying to convince his best friend "Kyungsoo Ghosts kill ! They kill in many various ways by pushing shoving throwing objects on you possessing you and many other ways you see ?" Baekhyun raised both of his eye brows shrugging, Kyungsoo sighed and Baekhyun knew that he won the battle. 

"Did you eat ?" Baekhyun asked and Kyungsoo shook his head in response "What time is it anyway?" Kyungsoo asked "It's past 10 Kyungsoo, remind me to buy you a watch next time ! I'll cook you something to eat" Baekhyun clapped his hands in excitement "I still need my kitchen Baek I don't want you to burn the house" Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun pouted "So mean ! Lucky I can't hit you" Baekhyun said and stood up "You stay here or come with me if you want" Baekhyun said "I'll stay ! be careful please" Kyungsoo said, Baekhyun nodded and made his way to the kitchen. 

"You have to follow him Soo ! I'll really kill him if something happens to the house" Jongin said moving to sit down next to Kyungsoo who closed his eyes and breathed in and out slowly "Kill me first then" Kyungsoo whispered but it was quiet audible enough for Jongin to hear it "Why are you saying something like this ?" Jongin asked feeling so bad, his hand moved to rest on top of Kyungsoo's, Kyungsoo's hand was so cold, Jongin moved the blanket up to cover Kyungsoo's knees and hands then carefully brushed away Kyungsoo's bangs to stare at his face "I'm dying anyway" Kyungsoo whispered again opening his eyes slowly "soon" Kyungsoo added looking desperately to Jongin who didn't find any words to say "I see you more often now Jongin" Kyungsoo frowned rubbing his temple slowly "And you know what that means" He said and felt two strong arms warp around him. Kyungsoo shut his eyes close for a moment because of the pain in his body then opened them again "Jongin" Kyungsoo said grabbing on the boy's arm tightly "It's my fault" Jongin said refusing to let go of Kyungsoo "I should've stayed away" Jongin added "You must be having a really hard time, I'm sorry" Jongin whispered. "Why do you look so stiff" Baekhyun asked while standing up in front of Kyungsoo with a plate in his hands, Kyungsoo didn't even notice when Baekhyun came back again "take care" Jongin whispered in Kyungsoo's ear and vanished away in a second which made Kyungsoo's body loosen up. Kyungsoo looked around him confused, trying to find where Jongin is, he couldn't ask out loud neither call his name because of Baekhyun's presence there. Kyungsoo felt empty for a second and his eyes were looking in different directions gulping, his heart beat raced and he felt like he was going crazy for a second, he wanted to scream out Jongin's name, he wanted to know why did Jongin suddenly disappeared. Why was Jongin asking him to take care as if he was not going to comeback, Kyungsoo didn't know why he was freaking out, he felt lost, he felt lost without Jongin.  "Kyungsoo" Baekhyun's voice bought him back to reality "uh ?" Kyungsoo blinked looking at the boy who had a questioning look on his face, "Are you alright ?" Baekhyun asked placing the plate on the table right in front of Kyungsoo who looked down and liked his dry lips "I'm good" Kyungsoo answered "You should eat then" Baekhyun said tapping Kyungsoo's back gently who grabbed the fork poking on his plate looking from the corner of his eyes from second to second waiting to feel Jongin presence soon.  

 


 

"I told you to stay away" Jongin's grandmother mumble while Jongin had his forehead against the wall with closed eyes and a clenched up fist he hit it slightly. "What if he has a chance to live ?" Jongin asked looking at his grandmother who raised her eye brows while fixing her glasses up a bit "If he's suppose to die, he will die Jongin... unless ..." His grandmother said and stopped talking while she crossed her fingers together to rest them on her laps "Unless what ?" Jongin asked and stood up properly to look at his grandmother "Unless he's not dying naturally, death by natural causes can't be helped neither stopped but sickness can be if you know what i mean " His grandmother said nodding to herself "You mean doctors might save his life if there's a chance of an illness ?" Jongin asked "Yes young boy" His grandmother answered raising her finger up in air "But the chance isn't big don't get his hopes up !" His grandmother warned and Jongin knew that whenever his grandmother use this tone it means that what she's say may cause negative consequences later if Jongin doesn't follow her orders this time again "Just watch him and see what happens" His grandmother said sighing. 

Jongin layed down on the bed closing his eyes thinking, why is he trying to save him now ? even thought deep down Jongin didn't want to but Kyungsoo doesn't deserve this. 

 


 

Baekhyun finally left, Kyungsoo kept reassuring him that he will be fine and he finally left. Kyungsoo stood up in the middle of the living room looking out of the window, it was getting dark already. "Jongin !" Kyungsoo called , Kyungsoo was waiting all the time for Baekhyun to go home already so he could find out where Jongin suddenly go, he couldn't even concentrate when Baekhyun was talking all the time he would take few seconds to collect himself all together and catch up with what Baekhyun was talking about, He doesn't know why he worries a lot when Jongin's not there, it's like Kyungsoo got so attached to the boy, and Kyungsoo knew that it wasn't right to get attached to him, it's like Kyungsoo's getting attached to death, it's like Kyungsoo was drowning in the darkness and there was no one to save him and get him out of the sea of unreality, Kyungsoo was drowning and he was getting lost deeper and deeper and he couldn't find his way out, he wondered often about why he doesn't care about his death a lot, sometimes it hit him and he feels so scared and he wants to eagerly continue to live but then Kyungsoo doesn't want to anymore and he gives up on everything suddenly the next second. "Jongin" Kyungsoo called again using the chair as a support, he was still tired and he wished that he was able to take a nap earlier, Kyungsoo's energy was gone at that moment he wanted to sleep, but he wanted to see Jongin more than anything else but there was no response and he couldn't feel his presence either. "I don't know if you don't want to show up or if I'm not able to see you right now but Jongin please .... URGH" Kyungsoo groaned loudly and held his head tightly when the usual pain suddenly hit his head again, he fell down on his knees immediately groaning even louder from the strong pain that hit his body that was trying to heal as well. "Soo" Jongin's hands were on top of of Kyungsoo's suddenly, trying to hold him still in place, but Kyungsoo refused to stop moving, he was in so much pain and he didn't even know what part of his body hurts anymore. Kyungsoo's fingers grabbed some of his hair and he brushed his face on his lap groaning. Jongin hugged him close, embracing him and holding him tightly "I'm here Kyungsoo calm down" Jongin buried his face in the boy's neck "I'm here" Jongin repeated clenching on the fabric of the smaller boy's shirt.

Kyungsoo's body was shaking and Jongin realized that Kyungsoo was crying between his arm, "Take it easy Soo you're fine" Jongin whispered gently in his ears to calm him down and eventually Kyungsoo did, he gave up and rested his head on Jongin's lap who was kneeling down in front of him petting his back gently. Jongin was surprised when Kyungsoo's small arms wrapped smoothly around his waist, Jongin smiled weakly and brushed his fingers into his hair who was a little bit messed up few seconds earlier when he tried to tag on it harshly thinking that the pain would stop, Jongin fixed it carefully titling his head to the side to take a glance at Kyungsoo's face, he looked so pale and tired, his eyes were shut down, and you can hear his small breaths and sobs in the silence "Can you hear me ?" Jongin asked and Kyungsoo's arms hugged him even tighter as a sign that he could hear him "Will you stop crying" Jongin said giving a small kiss to Kyungsoo's hair, Kyungsoo lifted his head up slowly to look at Jongin, his eyes were puffy and red, Jongin's thumb moved quickly to his cheeks to whip away the tears "Where'd you go" Kyungsoo asked, he looked like a small child who got lost in the super market and crying a lot after finding his parents but he still feels angry because he was too scared by his own "Does this mater now ? are you okay ?" Jongin asked rubbing his thumb on Kyungsoo's cheek "Don't leave again please" Kyungsoo said few tears made their way out of his eyes again while he rested his head on Jongin's stomach "I won't" Jongin responded and hugged him closer. 

Jongin had to move Kyungsoo to the couch, Jongin carefully pulled off the old bandages and found out that Kyungsoo's knees were bleeding again. He pursed his lips while treating them and paying attention to every small cut, Kyungsoo was quiet the whole time he would just bit his lip when he feels a little bit hurt, "Do you always get that kind of pain ?" Jongin finally answered wrapping the new bandages to move and check on Kyungsoo's stomach "It started with small headaches it's getting stronger now" Kyungsoo said hugging a small pillow "Did you thought about going to a doctor ?" Jongin asked taking a quick glance at Kyungsoo who shook his head "What's the point it may be a brain tumor which I'm pretty sure it is" Kyungsoo replied setting the pillow down next to him only to replace it with an other one , Jongin watched carefully Kyungsoo then all of his attention went back to the smaller boy's stomach again "How can you be pretty sure ? listen Soo ..." Jongin looked at the boy with a serious gaze "You have to get an appointment as soon as possible, you may get well if you hurry up .... that doesn't mean that you have a brain tumor now Soo but please can you go and check up ?" Jongin pleaded "I ... really don't know Jongin, I can't think about anything now everything is frustrating" Kyungsoo said getting ride of the second pillow while looking for an other one to grab it "You will have to think about it and you'll have to decide tomorrow" Jongin said but he sounded more like he was ordering the boy and making sure that he will do so "I promise" Kyungsoo answered throwing back his head on the pillow when he couldn't find what to hug next. At that moment he just wanted to sleep, he didn't want to think about anything, he was just relieved cause Jongin was there, he was so afraid that Jongin could've left him earlier but there he was taking care of him again. Jongin always popped out of no where when Kyungsoo needed help the most. 

"Do you always need to hug something before you sleep ?" Jongin asked leaning down beside Kyungsoo, the couch wasn't neither small or big but it was perfect for the two of them to fit in together on it. Kyungsoo nodded "I guess" he answered and Jongin embrace welcomed him again, Kyungsoo felt relaxed, he felt like he was where he meant to be, between Jongin arms. "You'll have to rest tomorrow too, don't got to work" Jongin said placing his chin on top of Kyungsoo's head "I asked Baek to give back the key's to Minseok and tell him what happened also tell Sehun and Jongdae that I'm fine" Kyungsoo answered and suddenly Jongin tensed up, his eyes grew bigger for a second and he frowned when he heard the name of 'Sehun' , Kyungsoo looked up at him when he felt the boy stiffen up "Are you okay ?" Kyungsoo asked , "Uh huh yeah I'm fine ! I just remembered something" Jongin said and Kyungsoo just pursed his lips and nodded "But what is it ?" Kyungsoo asked "Never mind, you should sleep !" Jongin said hugging him closer. Kyungsoo didn't take him a lot of time to drift to dream land, the boy was exhausted and his eye lids were closing down by them selves. Jongin rested his head on Kyungsoo's and all his thoughts were about Sehun that Kyungsoo mentioned, he wondered if it's the Sehun he used to know. 

 


TBC ~

A/N: I think i screwed up with this chapter, I'm not satisfied with it I'm sorry I wasn't inspired and I thought that I had to update. 

Anyway, I'm so thankful for all of your comments and subscribes, up votes as well ! If you have any questions please go ahead and ask me ((I do not bit)). 

Again thank you paperplanestovenus for your wonderful feed back