☾ I

A touch of fear.
He was that kind hearted person who believes everything, has that side of showing a tender, considerate and helpful nature by saying simple words to show sympathy if that's necessary, understanding and caring about his friends when they need him, or even for other people he knows. You can consider helping people and making them feel happy is one of his favorite hobbies. 
He is a kind hearted person, who has love in his heart; pure love. Despite his small body, he has a very strong personality hidden inside of him, you can never hurt him though, the look on his face makes you feel weak; physically and mentally. You can get lost only looking into his big yet beautiful eyes, they sparkle sometimes, but if you look deeper you can tell that the boy may be hiding feelings; sad feelings inside them, but whatever happens, he looks happy most of the time and whenever he smiles, his smile add a beautiful charm to the world you wish you could keep him forever by your side only to see him smile for you. His smile works like magic.
His friends love him and so he does. He was just born that way: a sweet person with a very warm heart that you want to hide in forever and feel the true love, feel secure, a very kind heart, he was just like that ... a master kind. 
Do Kyungsoo; the master kind.
 

 

"Still can't find where to stay?" Baekhyun asked taking a sip of his coffee that was served to him a while ago. Kyungsoo shook his head looking down to his own cup running his finger on top of it. He knew it was time for his friend to ask this question, he had been staying for 2 years with Baekhyun and his boyfriend in their house. It's not like he wanted to stay, if it wasn't Baekhyun he would've been homeless now, he had no other choice then to stay. He couldn't rent a house, he only started working in a bakery for about 1 year ago. The salary he gets barely helps him feed himself and get some clothes to wear, also helps Baekhyun with the house expenses. He promised to find a house as soon as he can. He can't stay forever with his friend even though Baekhyun insisted that Kyungsoo should, but Kyungsoo was still willing to find a house to himself, only. He had to leave the couple alone sooner or later, he needs to get a life, he needs to start his private life, he needs to organize his own life, on top of all this he doesn't need to hear his friend and his beloved boyfriend making out at night anymore.

"Am I bothering you ? ... I'm sorry" a sigh left Kyungsoo's thick, bow shaped lips, bitting it after that never moving his gaze from his cup, only his finger stopped in the middle of making a circle on top of it. Baekhyun shut his eyes hearing his friend's answer, wanting to slam his head on that table so bad because he didn't want to sound like he wanted to know if he's going to get rid of Kyungsoo soon or not, taking note to himself that he should think before he speaks next time. He shook his head opening his eyes again to look at Kyungsoo "What bother Kyung, are you kidding me? you know i don't want you to leave! and-" Baekhyun titled his head to the side in the middle of finishing his sentence and stretched his neck a bit then started waving his hand "Over here" he said chuckling a bit. Kyungsoo raised his head to look behind him only to find Baekhyun's boyfriend, face brushed to the glass outside the coffee shop waving back. "Kyung!" Baekhyun's attention went back to Kyungsoo when he made sure that Chanyeol; his boyfriend was making his way towards them. "Don't leave okay?" Baekhyun repeated, but this time asking him to-not-to leave. Kyungsoo nodded smiling a bit because of the worried tone in his friend's voice.

 

"Hey!" Chanyeol pushed the chair behind a bit to make enough space to his body to slip between the chair and the table to sit down, after making himself comfortable in his seat, he took Baekhyun's cup of coffee and took a sip.."Who said you can drink?" Baekhyun frowned. "What's yours is mine Baek, including that" He pointed to the cup and Baekhyun growled in response. "Anyways, i have some good news" Chanyeol announced gathering the attention of both of Baekhyun and Kyungsoo who are now looking at him with a curious look on their faces. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked first. He sure sounded more excited to know what it is more than Kyungsoo who is more like a silent person most of the time. "I found a house for Kyungsoo ... for free"Chanyeol smirked proudly emphasizing the word -free-. Kyungsoo raised a brow hearing the news, maybe Santa was listening to his silent prayers and decided today, which is not Christmas to make this kid happy. "For free?" Baekhyun frowned not liking the idea that Chanyeol just came up with, even thought he knows that Kyungsoo might be a bit happy now, but if Kyungsoo leaves he's going to leave an empty place behind as well. Baekhyun already got used to his presence around him, he helped him cook, he helped him clean, he comforted him when he was feeling down, and he made him smile and laugh, he was always there."Yeah, well... it's my friend's grandmother's house, it has been empty for 3 years now, we talked, and he said it's fine for Kyungsoo to move and live there" Chanyeol grinned. Baekhyun paused for a second, looking like he got drifted into his own thoughts for a while."Wait-"Baekhyun finally snapped out, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo gave him a what-are-you-thinking-about look."t-that house ? ... t-the... the one next to the abandoned s-school ?" Baekhyun gulped after finishing his words. "Forget about the school, the house is nice, I'll take you to see it tomorrow Kyungsoo, I know you'll like it " Chanyeol smiled squeezing Kyungsoo's shoulder a bit, Kyungsoo smiled back "Okay" He softly said then looked at Baekhyun who went blank again looking no where. Kyungsoo was happy, thankful that he finally got what he wanted more then that ... for free. But he was more worried about his friend's reaction. Was Baekhyun acting like that because he really doesn't want Kyungsoo to leave? Or is there an other reason behind him feeling somehow uncomfortable after hearing the news? He shrugged a bit and continued to drink his already cooled down coffee anyways, anticipating for tomorrow. 
 

 

The next day, in the morning, they were all standing in front of the house, along with the owner; Suho. The house looked nice and lovely from the outside which made Kyungsoo's heart fill up with much more happiness, and a wider smile took place of the small one on his face. You have to cross the gate and walk some few steps until you reach the small carpet that says 'welcome' and step on it to be in front of the front door. A small 'click' was heard when Suho opened the door, "Come in" Suho smiled opening it wider to make a bigger space so all of them can walk in. Baekhyun on the other side reached for Chanyeol's arm and hold onto it so tight waving his other hand for kyungsoo "Kyung ... you go, we'll wait for you here" Baekhyun chuckled nervously, brushing his body more on the side of Chanyeol's. "HEY. what's wrong with you!" Chanyeol gave him a look then started dragging him inside of the house as he felt his boyfriend's grip tightened more around his arm, he just rolled his eyes. Once they were all in, the house was dark, so dark even if you wave your hand you can't see it. Suho suddenly switched the lights on. "UMMA" Baekhyun yelled and hide his face in Chanyeol's chest. The tall boy looked down to his small boyfriend who was shaking against him, while Kyungsoo and Suho frowned. "You're not dead Baekhyun get away" Chanyeol tried to push him from his shoulder, but Baekhyun stickled there like there was some strong glue between them."What's wrong with you Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked chuckling a bit."n-nothing !"Baekhyun finally raised his head to meet Chanyeol's gaze. "Done acting like a kid?"Chanyeol asked raising his eye brow. "There are ghosts here, I swear" Baekhyun whispered only for the both of them to be audible, Chanyeol leaned down to the level of Baekhyun's face "Lights are not considered as ghosts babe" Chanyeol said pointing up to the bulbs. 

After twenty minutes Suho was done showing them the place around, the house was actually big inside. 1st floor, there was the living room, kitchen and a bathroom, 2nd floor there was two empty rooms and one other room at the end of the hall, Suho didn't show them what's in that room, Kyungsoo noticed that it was locked, he shrugged not caring about it anyways, and there was finally an other bathroom next to the room he decided that it's gonna be his bedroom from now on. The house was so big for a one person to live in. Kyungsoo liked the silence, he liked to be lonely sometimes, he liked the house. He smiled looking around for the last time that day, before stepping outside the house with his friends. 
"I guess everything is fine?"Suho asked closing the door behind him. "It's perfect"Kyungsoo nodded."Thank you so much" He added bowing his head. "Ah it's nothing big, you look like a nice person, i'm so confident that you can take a good care of the house, it's better then leaving it empty" Suho smiled tapping Kyungsoo's shoulder."Why didn't you rent it or something Suho by the way ?" Chanyeol asked still fighting to get away the koala ((baekhyun)) that was going to rip his arm off of his body if he keeps climbing up in fear. "I did rent it two years ago, after the death of grandma, i hesitated at first, this house is full of memories and i didn't want to share it with anyone, but i had to move on anyways. I rent it 4 times, for a family, a couple, two friends and a new married couple, but none of them stayed more than 3 days. They would return the keys by the fourth day and leave without telling me the reason, which i found it weird when every time this happens ..." Suho shrugged and all the eyes were on him, especially Baekhyun's who was having a train of thoughts crossing his mind, about the old stories he have heard from other people about the abandoned school next to the house and whatever in this area, including the houses. Stories about ghosts which he feared the most. "Anyways, -Suho takes Kyungsoo's hand and places the Key in them- if you need anything else just tell me"Suho smiled to Kyungsoo who kept his eyes on the keys of his new home. the word Home sounded so peaceful to him. Home where he can make new souvenirs, live protectively, fill the place with the smell of his delicious cooking and everything he wanted to do on his own. He smiled back clenching his fist on the keys, promising that he'll take a good care of the house. "Ah one more thing" Suho stuck his finger up in the air before leaving, "The room in the end of the hallway, keep it locked please." Kyungsoo thought about it for a while, he won't use it anyways, there are enough rooms for him, and if the owner asks for that maybe there are reasons behind it, so he promised himself to not even bother and get close to that room. "I will"Kyungsoo smiled not bothering himself to ask about the reason.
 

 

It was past 3 in the evening, Kyungsoo still had one more suitcase to un-pack.Baekhyun drove him to the house since 9 in the morning, he said he had some things to do but he'll comeback later at night, which Kyungsoo doubted that he will never do, judging his acting yesterday. So since he arrived, he cleaned the first floor, then the second floor, he put some groceries he bought so he won't starve for the night, he cleaned the bathrooms and saved the rest of the time to decorate his room. Humming a song to himself he looked out of the window and realized that it started to get dark already, by that time he was done organizing his clothes in the closet, he decided to take a quick shower, before that he received a text from Baekhyun telling him that 'he is sorry he can't make it to his house because he has some other work to do' but Kyungsoo knew already that Baekhyun wouldn't come back.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun stayed up late yesterday packing all of Kyungsoo's clothes, Baekhyun kept asking him if he's gonna be ok, alone, and told him honestly that he doesn't have a good feeling about all this moving on thingy, and that he should really stay because of the reasons in Baekhyun's mind, Kyungsoo was curious, he wanted to know why is his friend worrying so much about him, he asked him about those reasons, Baekhyun hesitated at first but hold Kyungsoo's hand after that and told him about all the ghosts stories he know, he got dragged out of the room by his boyfriend Chanyeol telling him to stop messing up with the boy's mind and to leave him alone, but it didn't take so long for Baekhyun to push Kyungsoo's door again and run to the boy to embrace him and tell him how much he's gonna miss him and to take care, but few seconds after that he got dragged out again because he started bringing up the topic of the 'ghosts stories' -again-. Kyungsoo was amused actually, he wasn't scared of what Baekhyun told him, he never believed those kind of things anyways.

 

Kyungsoo stood in the hallway holding two towels, looking at the end of it remembering Baekhyun and his stories, not to mention that he misses him and Chanyeol around already.Starring at the end of the dark hallway where there was the locked room which still doesn't know what's in it, or the story behind it, he titled his head to the right slowly and pursed his lips, shook his head and shrugged making his way to the bathroom. 
 

 

Hands in his pocket keeping all of his weight on one leg while leaning on the wall, he kept watching his grandmother knitting a cardigan, impressed about how her fingers are moving in an amazing rhythm, working like magic on the piece of shirt"What are you planning for young kid ?"His grandma chuckled knowing that if the kid stays silent for a while that means that there's something going on in his mind. She knows her grandchildren well, and the look in his eyes tells that her favorite kid is obsoletely thinking deep."About greeting the new guest maybe" He answered leaning his head on the wall as well to stare at the blank ceiling now, his grandma chuckled,again,with her soft voice, eyes not looking up from her work, while her glasses seemed like they could fall down from the tip of her nose at any second. "He may not last for 3 days, he's alone ... which make the work more easier." He smirked, sliding his hands in his pocket deeper. "don't mess around again, young man". She said, but the kid took it more like an order cause of the serious and sharp tone in his grand-mother's voice. The grandma now is looking up at her beloved grandchildren frowning which made the boy glances down at her, "leave the new guest alone , Kai !" His grandma lifted her index finger up and pointed it at him, which made Kai groans and makes his way to sit behind her on the bed and hug her, resting his chin on her shoulder as she continued her work."But grandma, it's our house ! i don't want anybody else here!"He cried like a little child. The old lady tapped his cheek and chuckled some more, not even looking at him "We don't exist anymore sweetie, why don't you give a chance to other people to live hun ?"She glanced at him from the corner of her eyes with a grin on her face. Kai puffed the air inside of his cheeks and sighed."Fine" . The grandma nodded, proud of her obeying son. "But i still can meet who's gonna live with us from now on at least !"Kai said receiving a knock on his head "leave him alone"his grandma repeated.

 

 
He lied on the bed face brushed into the pillow, his wet hair dripping down some drops of water on the mattress, but he didn't care as long as the place is peaceful and quiet and he could rest his tired body. "tomorrow is Sunday" He whispered, happy about the fact that he has no work for tomorrow which means more rest, more private time in the house. He unlocked his phone to check the time, 10:43 pm, he wanted to lift his body up and drag it to the living room to watch some T.V but he ended up throwing his head back on the pillow, he threw both of his arms on each side of the bed as well, one of his hands hanging out of the bed, he watched the door with tired eyes, the door was a very interesting item to watch at that time since it was the only thing he eyes can look at as they started to close little by little , slowly giving up to sleep, until he was drifted to dream land.
 

 
"where are you going ?" He heard his grandma say the moment he placed his finger tips on the door's knob, he shut his eyes grimacing, then put a fake smile on his face twisting his head to the right to look at her, "Out ?" He answered earning a not-amused face from the old lady. He sighed and turned his whole body around "come on grandma i really want to see him" he whined pursing his lips."i bet he doesn't want to see you, comeback here Kai"She ordered tapping on the bed next to her side. "It's like he can see me !"Kai rolled his eyes. His grandma sighed and stood up to look out of the window, "Just 5 minutes please ?"He pleaded using his soft voice now, his grandma frowned for a second looking at his puppy eyes "5 minutes Kai" she said pointing at the clock hanging on the wall , the boy smirked and nodded, the old lady shook her head thinking about how can his expression changes from a baby face to a smirking bad boy is a second. He was about to open the door again when his grandma called his name making him freeze in his position -again- "Kai why are you using the door ?" She asked , the boy looked at his hand that was supposed to be placed on the knob , but his fingers crossed the silver material and he remembered that he can't touch things, he chuckled a bit "i'm still not used to this !"He said pulling his hand out , he turned around to look at his smiling grand -mother looking at him then disappeared into the shadows like something exploded into nothing.
 

 

Kyungsoo was still in the same position sleeping, laying on his tummy , bangs hanging down on his forehead and eyes ,sounding quiet and peaceful, you can only hear the sound of the small alarm clock he placed on his drawer. Kai appeared from no where in that room. The room was dark , Kai has no shadow, he was a shadow himself most like what people like to call him ; a ghost. He is a ghost , he was a human being, now he is just as transparent as the wind, made out of the same mysterious stuff as our souls, he never liked to be called a ghost thought he is a spirit . Even thought ghosts are made up of 10% of dust, light, illusion and 90% of imaginations, Kai was real, he thought he was real as long as he is aware of his own existence. Kai thought it must be much better to move on into the afterlife than remain caught between dimensions, but then he didn't want to leave his grandma alone. His grandma loved her house so much she didn't want to leave it so he stayed with her. But as long as they stayed in the house after their death, Kai didn't like the fact that his cousin Suho invited other people to live in it, so he would chase them around and makes them feel scared, weird and haunted until they leave the house and never comeback. That's what he did to every person Suho rented him the house for the past two years , it only took for Kai 3 days to get ride of them. He moved on closer to the bed where he saw the body laying down on it which assumed to be their only and new guest. He stood few inches away of the bed and suddenly lost the cool expression on his face as he raised one brow admiring the beautiful face that was sleeping right in front of him. He titled his head to the side making his hair follow the direction he just made and a small smile started to make its way from the corner of his lips as his eyes traced Kyungsoo's flawless face. Even thought the room was dark , Kai managed to see Kyungsoo's figure threw the small public lighting that was coming threw the window. He ,so bad wanted to touch his skin, it seemed to be so soft, but he couldn't ... he couldn't touch things, he couldn't feel things, even if he try to touch his hand ends up crossing the thing like it happened with him minutes ago with the door knob, but he wanted to try, he wanted to try to touch Kyungsoo's face, his skin seemed to be so perfect in his eyes at that moment, and he wanted to touch it, Kyungsoo wouldn't feel his touches anyways. He placed one hand on his knee and leaned down a bit making his other hand reach Kyungsoo's cheek, he placed it on top of the small boy's face leaving a small space between his hand and Kyungsoo's cheek. He felt nothing as usual ;which irritated Kai the most, he was about to pull his hand away when suddenly Kyungsoo opened his eyes and starred directly into Kai's eyes which made Kai freeze in place, the boy was looking at him, Kai's eyes grew bigger watching the boy that he was trying to touch starring at him. Kai didn't know what to do having those big eyes looking right into his eyes, he didn't make an eye contact with someone since 5 months except for his grandma, he didn't know what to feel , confused ? happy ? scared ? "Can you ... see me ?"Kai asked pulling his hand slowly away waiting for somehow an answer with a heavy chest. Kyungsoo blinked and rubbed his left eye then lifted up his head a bit to reach his phone, he unlocked it and shut his eyes close when the strong light hit them , he waited until his vision got cleared and read the time, 03:12 a.m. He threw the phone on the bed and buried his face back into the pillow to get some other sleep while on the other side, Kai watched every move he made with his lips spared a bit. When he saw that the boy went back to sleep he frowned looking at his back. Kai was sure of what happened seconds ago, the boy looked into he eyes, he was looking at him like he was aware of his presence there, he really looked at him. He sighed and decided to go back to his grand mother's room because he knew his 5 minutes ended minutes ago when he was still examining Kyungsoo's face. He just decided to wait for tomorrow for an other meeting with the boy. 

 

TBC ~