☾ V

A touch of fear.

A new day has began. Kyungsoo's life is going to be different from now on. He's aware of almost everything now, almost everything, because Kyungsoo wasn't aware and didn't have any idea that Kim Jongin is sitting right next to him on the bed and that he has been starring at him for a while now, probably for almost 27 minutes. Kyungsoo actually felt that someone was watching him again. The alarm went off and Kyungsoo's arm stretched out automatically searching for his phone while dragging his fingers everywhere on top of the nightstand until he grabbed it and pressed on random buttons groaning then throwing the phone on the sheets. "Morning" Jongin said and Kyungsoo suddenly jumped out of the bed, hand on his chest while pointing at Jongin with the other hand "wh-who are you?" Kyungsoo asked panting. Jongin lifted an eyebrow and stood up crossing his arms against his chest "What ?" Jongin said, Kyungsoo gulped and sighed deeply reaching for the bed with his hand to sit down an support his week knees. "I forgot" Kyungsoo whispered silently. Jongin dragged his feet lazily around the room stretching the back of his neck, he stood up right in front of Kyungsoo who was starring blankly at the ground and leaned down to the level of his face, to meet his eyes. Jongin gently held Kyungsoo's chin up to take a better look at Kyungsoo's face and the smaller boy shivered under his touch.

Kyungsoo realized that this is the first time he gets to see Jongin's face clearly. Their first meeting wasn't very friendly and nice and Kyungsoo can't remember any other details of the boy's face except for his piercing eyes who starred directly at his soul yesterday in the darkness. Now it's clear enough in the morning to see how beautiful Jongin actually looked like. Jongin has a skin with a healthy golden-brown tint and Kyungsoo just realized that the boy is tanned, he has a straight hair that was falling down perfectly on his forehead and the morning warm light that helped shining up the room and giving it a more living up feeling also helped giving Jongin's little bit messy hair a flawless look and a brownish color. Jongin looked all fine expect that he wasn't at all, except that Jongin wasn't even real.  Kyungsoo inhaled slowly almost forgetting how to breath when Jongin closed the very tiny distance between their faces, Jongin's face was inches away of Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo winded his eyes and Jongin smiled softly "Hope you'll remember this face from now on" Jongin said standing up again and tapping on Kyungsoo's shoulder "You better hurry up" and Kyungsoo realized that he's going to be late. 

Kyungsoo confusedly walked in different directions and ended up running straight to the bathroom. Jongin chuckled to himself.

 


 

"When do you comeback ?" Jongin asked watching Kyungsoo run here and there trying to finish his morning preparation routine."AT 6P.M" Kyungsoo yelled from the kitchen. "Where do you work?" Jongin shoot an other question and Kyungsoo walked quickly in front of him grabbing his leather jacket from the couch in the living room trying to wear it while he was also trying to finish the Sandwich he was holding in his other hand "In a bakery" Kyungsoo answered mouth full of food but Jongin understood anyway."I make cakes"Kyungsoo added swallowing his food and Jongin wasn't sure if the boy only know how to cook sweet things because every dish Kyungsoo made to eat looked extremely delicious too. "Hey why don't you take an umbrella with you I don't want you to get soaked and get sick again"Jongin said earning a glance from Kyungsoo "What do you mean by ... again?" Kyungsoo asked looking lost "Never mind " Jongin waved his hands in front of Kyungsoo's face repeatedly wanting to bang his head on a wall for how stupid he his; taking a mental note that he should think before speaking next time. Kyungsoo certainly knew by that time that Jongin has been watching him since the first day he stepped in that house but Jongin didn't want to start their morning conversation by reminding Kyungsoo of how creepy Jongin was before Kyungsoo figured out everything.  "I ... I have to go now" Kyungsoo said brushing all of his thoughts away because he had no time left to think about anything, he tied up his shoes and stood up nodding to himself and checking if there's anything missing but everything was fine. He grabbed his bag from the floor and bit his lip "Em ... there's food in the fridge ! you can watch T.V also ..." Kyungsoo said placing his bag on his back "I'll ... I'll se you later ?" Kyungsoo frowned a bit unsure of what to say "Take care" Jongin said pushing the smaller boy out of the door, Kyungsoo just waved and closed the door behind him and Jongin collapsed on the floor laughing his heart out the moment the boy was gone  "there's food in the fridge .... he said " Jongin was talking to himself while trying to catch his breath. He crossed his legs on the floor and looked at no where frowning "Is he even serious ?" Jongin asked brushing his fingers threw his hair while laughing some more. He leaned his head on the wall while starring up to the ceiling "Last time i checked spirits do not eat " Jongin closed his eyes chuckling even more. "he's cute" Jongin sighed while smiling. 

Jongin didn't laugh since years, and now the smallest things Kyungsoo does or say makes Jongin smile and laugh. 

He just loved it.

 


 

"Hey Kyungsoo do you mind if you stay for some extra hours to replace me tonight you know my sister is not feeling any better I just shouldn't leave her alone she faints a lot ! I'll make it up for you soon i promise" Jongdae asked nicely while Kyungsoo was busy decorating his cupcakes with his finishing touches.Kyungsoo whipped his hands on his apron after that and smiled warmly "Of course ! you already had to cover up my absence for the past two days, it's not a big deal" Kyungsoo said nodding to Jongdae who smiled brightly hearing Kyungsoo's answer "I'll get going then" Jongdae squeezed Kyungsoo's shoulder lightly and rushed out leaving the boy in the middle of the room alone. Kyungsoo sighed and pursed his lips tightly looking around with his big yet beautiful eyes, he suddenly shut them close and yelped "urgh" he groaned pressing hard on his temples when the sudden pain in his head was getting stronger, he tried to open his eyes but he felt so dizzy and that he wasn't able to stand up properly anymore, he fell down on his knees breathing hardly "god" he whispered out trying to gasp as much air as he can. He felt like his head was getting banged on a wall repeatedly and non stop the pain was just unbearable for Kyungsoo, he crawled slowly to the wall supporting his body weight with a hand while still pressing with the other one hardly enough on his temple to reduce the pain. He sat down on the floor and leaned his head backwards on the wall, hands forming into fists, his heavy chest was going up and down slowly, he frowned and tried to calm down himself a little bit.

Kyungsoo wondered if he was going to die today, Kyungsoo was wondering about what is going on with his life suddenly, what is happening to him. His life changed all of a sudden, Kyungsoo thought that he was going to start fresh and new, he thought that he was going to establish a better life, he suffered a lot from a family bereavement, he wanted to move on, he wanted to get over everything, he just wanted to have a peaceful life, but all of what Kyungsoo got is a house that has its spirit owner living in it. Kyungsoo was questioning himself also, he wondered if he has gone insane, he wondered if this is just a nightmare and that he's going to wake up soon. The worst part is that Kyungsoo knew that we was going to die soon, Kyungsoo didn't know why he just accepted the fact easily, he didn't freak out, he wasn't feeling scared nor anything, he just felt like his life has become so useless or maybe his life has been useless all the time but Kyungsoo just figured out everything. 

He rubbed his eyes gently when the pain was reduced completely and brushed his face into his hands "so this is how I'm going to die ?" Kyungsoo asked himself "Is it a brain tumor ...?" he asked again opening his eyes to stare blankly at no where. Kyungsoo was just questioning himself because he saw his mom going through all this before and that's how she died also, leaving Kyungsoo behind to fight for his own in this cruel world. A tear escaped Kyungsoo's eye, a small sob could be heard at that moment, Kyungsoo was fighting back his tears, Kyungsoo doesn't like crying, he tried to hold back his tears because he knows that crying won't solve anything, Baekhyun always told him that it's okay to cry you would feel better after that but Kyungsoo didn't know what's the point of feeling better when you're going to feel worse after that, but Kyungsoo let his tears fall down this time he just gave up, he did not only gave up on fighting back his tears because Kyungsoo thought that it was the right time to give up on his life as well. 

 


 

"Kyungsoo would you like to come here for a second ?" Minseok, the owner of the bakery called out for Kyungsoo and mentioned him to follow him with his head, Kyungsoo nodded and followed behind the older boy. "So, there's not a lot of customers tonight so i would like you to stop baking cakes and just take care of the shop until it's time to close it" Minseok smiled handing the keys to Kyungsoo who took them with a small nod "Of course, I will" Kyungsoo said "I can't leave Sehun out here alone to finish the work, he has been playing around all day and he was giving most of the orders wrong because of his earphones that he didn't want to pull them off, I'll be more relieved if you stay with him Kyungsoo " Minseok chuckled lightly and Kyungsoo smiled looking at Sehun who was mumbling some lyrics and singing to himself "You don't have to worry" Kyungsoo said putting the keys in his pocket "thanks a lot then Kyungsoo" Minseok said grabbing his cup of coffee and getting ready to leave "Oh by the way, you can drop by to my house and give me the keys or just bring them back tomorrow" Minseok said waving his hand to say goodbye then he left after that. 

"Oh Sehun!" Kyungsoo called but the boy was in his own world nodding his head to the music that he was listening to, moving his hands smoothly to the beat also, Kyungsoo chuckled at the sight of the younger boy, he knew how much Sehun loves dancing, they talk a lot whenever Minseok asks Kyungsoo to stay at the shop for him, and Sehun always talked about his dance practices and so on, and since Kyungsoo was a good listener, he liked listening to Sehun's daily activities, the boy was so happy whenever he talked about dancing, he saw sparkles in his eyes. Kyungsoo decided to clean the ground a little bit since there was no costumers and leave Sehun in his own bubble. 

Around 11p.m Kyungsoo clapped his hands in front of Sehun's face which made the boy jump in his place looking totally confused "It's time to leave" Kyungsoo said, Sehun raised his eye brow looking down at Kyungsoo since Kyungsoo was a bit shorter than him "What?" Sehun asked titling his head to the side. Kyungsoo sighed and pulled the earphones away of the younger boy's ears "It's time to go Sehun" Kyungsoo repeated earning a cheering yelp from the boy "Finally" Sehun said pulling off his waist apron "Let's go" Sehun said dragging Kyungsoo out along with him. 

The two of them walked together, Kyungsoo decided to take the keys to Minseok since he didn't want to go back home and since Minseok's house is almost in the same way of Sehun's house, so the boy would keep him company a little bit until they have to switch directions. "I have to skip practice tomorrow" Sehun said shivering a bit because of the cold breeze, Kyungsoo frowned "But you never do that" he said and Sehun nodded sighing "Tomorrow's the ceremony of the death anniversary of my best friend" Sehun said pursing his lips "Ow, the one you talk about non stop ?" Kyungsoo asked even thought he knew that Sehun had one and only one friend which Sehun always talk about, Kyungsoo also know how much Sehun loved his best friend and how much it was hard for Sehun to forget about him and just move on. But the younger boy didn't completely move on, Sehun would always mention his best friend in every topic, they used to practice together and it was so hard for Sehun to go back to practice after his friend's death, he told Kyungsoo that he spent a whole year avoiding practices, places they'd go together and even food they liked to share and eat whenever they go out, Sehun didn't feel like doing anything anymore since his friend passed away, but eventually Sehun came back to his sense and remembered the promises he made with his best friend, they promised that they should never give up and that they should win in competitions no matter what because they were the perfect team, they were a perfect team but they're no longer a team now, however Sehun decided to not give up easily because he will have to keep the perfect image of that team even thought he's alone now, but he knew somehow that his best friend is watching him and he wanted to make him feel proud of him.

"I miss him" Sehun sighed , "I bet that he's missing you too" Kyungsoo gave Sehun's shoulder a light squeeze hopefully the boy wouldn't be feeling so sad "I will win the competition no matter what can you hear that Kai ?" Sehun stopped for a moment looking up at the dark sky with a small smile on his lips, Kyungsoo tapped his back gently and soon he had to say goodnight to Sehun and walk on his own way to Minseok's house. 

 


 

Kyungsoo looked around, it was too dark to figure out where he was, but he figured out that he was lost somewhere in an empty neighborhood. Kyungsoo only went to Minseok's house few times, he thought that he would recognize the place again but obviously Kyungsoo didn't and he somehow knew that he got himself into troubles when a deep harsh voice behind him talked "Well what do we have here" , Kyungsoo's heart beat fastened and he knew that what was going to happen next isn't going to be very nice, he turned around slowly only to face a tall guy that didn't look friendly at all judging the scars on his face. "I'm sorry, I'll leave now" Kyungsoo bowed his head and was about to walk away when the guy held him by his arm "Where do you think you're going" even thought it was dark, Kyungsoo could tell that the guy was evilly smirking "Let go" Kyungsoo said firmly trying to move away, but they guy suddenly twisted him around and kicked him strongly on the ground making him fall harshly on his knees and hands. Kyungsoo yelped and his eyes grew bigger trying to take in what just happened because everything happened too fast. "Let's play a bit before you leave" The guy said grabbing Kyungsoo from the collar of his shirt dragging him slowly to his face "Shall we ?" the guy smirked again and Kyungsoo coughed so hard, grabbing on the guy's hand trying to take it away of him. 

The next second Kyungsoo was thrown against a wall causing him to bump his head on it and fall down on the hard ground again, he yelped and touched his neck trying to breath properly, the guy stoop up right in front of him he chuckled looking at Kyungsoo then kicked his stomach making Kyungsoo collapse again while coughing so hard. Kyungsoo felt the guy's hand travel to his pocket grabbing out his phone "This is all what you've got ?" the guy asked kicking Kyungsoo in the same spot again, Kyungsoo groaned loudly, praying that he wouldn't take the keys of the shop away, Kyungsoo swallowed and shut his eyes close trying to take in all the pain "ANSWER" the guy yelled giving Kyungsoo a punch making his head fall backwards. Kyungsoo's vision was getting blurry when he heard an other voice talk "Hey Kris save that for later they're looking everywhere for you" , the guy which his name is Kris rolled his eyes and let go of Kyungsoo waving his phone in front of his face "I'll take this" Kris said pressing on Kyungsoo's tummy as a support to stand up and run away along with the other guy that just came leaving Kyungsoo on the ground groaning in pain.

Kyungsoo tried to stood up using all of his power left in his small body, he spitted some blood and used the wall as a support to walk.

 


 

Kyungsoo opened the door of his home, stepped inside slowly closing the door behind him, he felt a breeze of air hit his body and he shivered and knew that Jongin was there, that's how he always feel when Jongin appears. "You're home" Jongin said while Kyungsoo's fingers were searching for the button on the wall to turn on the lights "Do you know what time it is ? You said you'd comeback at  6p.m!" Jongin said crossing his arms against his chest, at that moment Kyungsoo the light, he frowned while holding on his tummy with his hand trying to stop the unbearable pain, he lifted up his head a bit to make an eye contact with Jongin who gasped immediately at the sight of Kyungsoo's face who gave up and fell down on his knees on the ground, breathing heavily. 

"KYUNGSOO" Jongin screamed kneeling down beside him, Jongin's arm automatically wrapped around Kyungsoo's waist holding him closer to him while trying to examine his face."Look at me ! What happened to you?" Jongin asked touching Kyungsoo's face gently, Kyungsoo whined, his body was shaking, he groaned lightly and his head suddenly fell down on Jongin's shoulder. "" Jongin cursed under his breath and carried up Kyungsoo bridal style and placed him carefully on the couch. "Hang on Kyungsoo" Jongin said and disappeared for a moment to appear again with the first aid kit. "Can you hear me ?" Jongin asked placing his hand on Kyungsoo's chest feeling his heart beating fast, Kyungsoo moved his fingers in sign that he still could hear Jongin, "You have to calm down okay ?" Jongin said spotting the long red marks on Kyungsoo's neck as well , he moved the fabric away only to reveal other ugly bruises, and Jongin figured out that someone tried to choke him. Jongin bit his lip harshly trying to control his anger. Kyungsoo coughed "urgh" Kyungsoo groaned and threw his head backwards breathing hardly, "Kyungsoo, I'm here calm down please" Jongin said "You'll be alright" Jongin said but he sounded like he was promising him more than just talking.

Jongin carefully examined and took care of every bruise and small cut on Kyungsoo's face, Kyungsoo whined sometimes but Jongin would calm him down apologizing for hurting him more, it's like it was his fault from the beginning "I'm sorry, it's almost over" Jongin said pressing gently the cotton that he had dripped in the medicine on the boy's neck. Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin's wrist stopping him for a second "Did i hurt you ? I'll stop soon i promise just let me finish quickly" Jongin said but Kyungsoo didn't let go of his wrist instead Kyungsoo dragged Jongin's arm down to place it on his stomach "Jongin" Kyungsoo whispered shutting his eyes even tightly, Jongin looked confused for a second, but he then realized what Kyungsoo was trying to tell him. "Kyungsoo !! who the did this to you?" Jongin asked his voice was getting louder a bit when he pulled up Kyungsoo's shirt to see how damaged his tummy was.

Jongin tried to calm down his nerves, and ended up pulling off Kyungsoo's jeans to treat his knees as well. "It hurts" Kyungsoo whispered while Jongin wrapped his knee in a bandage after cleaning the cuts and examining them "My heart... hurts as well" Jongin said finishing with both of his knees, Kyungsoo heard what Jongin said,but he didn't believe what he just heard, he opened his eyes to look at him, Jongin looked sad, so sad , while would Jongin care this much, Kyungsoo wondered, why is he feeling so bad for him, Kyungsoo didn't know. 

"Are you okay ?" Jongin held Kyungsoo's hand between his own, tears escaped Kyungsoo's eyes and Kyungsoo didn't even know that he was crying "Hey Soo ! It's alright you're fine shhhht" Jongin whispered smiling gently at Kyungsoo while rubbing his thumb on the back of the smaller boy's hand, he whipped Kyungsoo's tears with his other hand "stop crying" Jongin said brushing his fingers in Kyungsoo's soft hair , being careful not to touch any of his cuts, Kyungsoo sobbed lightly "It hurts too .....m-my head" and Jongin quickly pulled away his hand "I'm sorry, I'll bring you some pills" He said but Kyungsoo shook his head slowly "It's ... It's not a headache , he ... he hit my head hard on .... on the wall !" Kyungsoo managed to speak "He ?" Jongin asked frowning and starting to feel all angry again "I don't .... know him .... i was ... i was lost he .... he stole my phone and .." Kyungsoo sobbed in the middle of his sentence , "Hey Soo don't talk ... don't talk at least for now" Jongin said giving Kyungsoo's small warm hand a squeeze "Tell me about it tomorrow, you have to rest" Jongin said whipping away some of Kyungsoo's tears again "Soo ?" Kyungsoo asked looking at Jongin questionably "Your nickname" Jongin answered "And I don't care if you don't like it" Jongin added , he cleared his throat after that "here let me kiss the pain away" Jongin said and suddenly leaned down to press a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. Jongin smiled looking at Kyungsoo closely after that , Kyungsoo looked deeply into the boy's eyes, Kyungsoo's heart was about to jump out of his chest, he didn't know why he was feeling like that, it was a strange feeling, Kyungsoo never felt before but he suddenly remembered his dream when he first came in this house , he remembered Jongin's face when he was looking at him from a close distance, so it wasn't a dream, it was Jongin all the time. "better ?" Jongin asked "hum" Kyungsoo nodded. 

Jongin brought a blanket and Kyungsoo's pajama pants, with some help of Kyungsoo, Jongin was able to dress up the smaller boy carefully not making him move a lot "Let's not move you to your bedroom , sleep here" Jongin said covering Kyungsoo with the blanket "It's cold" Jongin mumbled. Kyungsoo already titled his head to the side already about to fall asleep , Jongin smiled and brushed Kyungsoo's bangs to the side "I'll see you tomorrow" Jongin said poking Kyungsoo's nose "Jongin stay" Kyungsoo said "please". 

Jongin placed Kyungsoo's head gently on his arm to use it as a pillow and wrapped his other arm around the boy's waist who brushed his face into Jongin's shoulder "sleep well" Jongin whispered placing his chin on top of Kyungsoo's head while tapping on his back gently to make him fall asleep. 

Kyungsoo slept peacefully that night. 

 


TBC~

A/N : *sends warm hugs to all of the luhan stans out there* i feel your pain guys my bias is dumb yi fan. 

anyway sorry for taking some few weeks to update but there you go ! 

let's make a deal so : comments = more chapters / no comments = no chapters.