☾IV

A touch of fear.

Kyungsoo's hands traveled from his face to his temples , all shaking strongly. His eyes never were that big, he held the sides of his head pressing hard on it and looking blankly at no where, his lips were trembling and he breathed hard taking a step backwards looking frightened. Few tears made their way down on Kyungsoo's cheeks and he broke down sobbing so hard, he shut his eyes close and covered his ears still walking backwards in shaky steps, he looked like his knees were going to give up on him at any second, and that he was going to fall down on the flour screaming his lungs out. Jongin's heart dropped looking at the smaller boy's reaction, his lips parted apart and he hesitantly held his arm out trying to reach Kyungsoo but his fingers curled back up into a fist and he just breathed out Kyungsoo's name that came out as a whisper. "K-Kyungsoo!". At that moment Kyungsoo fell down on the cold flour sobbing so hard. Jongin froze in place for a second, he blinked, moving a leg foreword he screamed out "KYUNGSOO" and run to kneel down right by his side.

Jongin touched Kyungsoo's wrist with shaking fingers and Kyungsoo shivered at the touch. "no" Kyungsoo whispered wrapping up himself into a ball. "I-I'm not going to hurt you ... please" Jongin whispered and Kyungsoo was shaking his head aggressively. His chest was going up and down slowly, his heavy breaths is all you could hear. He suddenly fainted. The rumbling of the thunder can be heard at that moment followed by the heavy rain. Jongin gulped, he faded in the shadows in a second, and there he was standing next to his grandma in the room "i- i guess i made a mistake !" Jongin didn't know what to say "h-help grandma" he sounded like he was begging. She just sighed, "I told you to stay away Jongin! you never listen young boy! he didn't die so don't worry! he's just under shock." 

Jongin placed Kyungsoo carefully on his bed, he pulled the blankets to his shoulder's level."You better wake up soon" Jongin said rubbing his thumb on the elder boy's hand.He sat down by his side watching dreamily the sleeping boy, he took Kyungsoo's hand caressing it gently, enjoying the touches that he missed long time ago. Jongin missed everything actually, but he thought that he has no right to miss anything; it's useless. Jongin's not going to comeback anyway, not now, not later not even in the future. He's stuck between the shadows, darkness, emptiness, but, with Kyungsoo, he felt like he was given an other chance, he doesn't know for how long this chance is going to last, but, with Kyungsoo Jongin is able to touch again, Jongin is able to remember that he was part of reality, Kyungsoo was giving him the chance to feel real again and Jongin liked it. But Jongin didn't realize that Kyungsoo was making him feel happy somehow, he was smiling again, he was talking again, and Jongin didn't realize that he was anticipating for the time when Kyungsoo is going to be able to see him. If Jongin can't be a part of Kyungsoo's world anymore, he wanted Kyungsoo to be a part of his world; even thought Jongin knew that he was waiting for the boy's death eventually. 

 Jongin closed his eyes smiling warmly never letting go of the elder's boy's hand.

 


 

It was on that dreary night when Kyungsoo opened his eyes in the darkness in the middle of the night and felt the hold of someone else's fingers around his hand. He blinked and arched his fingers a little trying to free his hand from whatever was holding it. It was so dark and Kyungsoo wasn't able to clearly see, his headache wasn't helping him to keep his eyes open either so he shut them close frowning at the pain. He breathed out and groaned slightly. "You're awake!" Kyungsoo heard someone talk and in a blink of an eye the smaller boy was sitting in the corner of the bed hugging himself while shivering. "Who-Who are you ?" Kyungsoo asked gulping so hard, his eyes were never that big looking everywhere trying to figure out who was in that room besides him. "What do you WANT ?" Kyungsoo held tightly on the sheet while screaming and trying to ignore the fact that he was scared to death. If it wasn't for the heavy rain outside, Kyungsoo's heart beat would've been heard. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, calm down!" Jongin hushed him. He didn't know what he was doing actually, Jongin should've just let Kyungsoo in the kitchen until he wakes up and the boy will think that he just fainted and maybe forget about the incident but instead he bought him to his room and Kyungsoo is awake now and Jongin can't do anything about it except revealing himself to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was going to figure out sooner or later anyway and Jongin figured out that the sooner the better. The boy was feeling confused and frustrated a lot in the past few days and Jongin didn't want to put some other pressure in his life.

"How ... did you get here" tears now were forming in the corner of his eyes, Kyungsoo didn't know why he was acting like such a coward, he was freezing in his place, enable to move, breathing was just like a very hard mission for him to do, but he managed to talk at least. Kyungsoo couldn't scream for help and he didn't know why, he thought that it would be useless, no one is going to hear him, no one is going to come, Kyungsoo chose to face it by himself. Suddenly the rumbling of the thunder and the very strong lightening that hit the window sent Kyungsoo down on the floor with a yelp, he always feared rainy days. But to his surprise, Kyungsoo didn't hit the floor, instead he found himself between two very strong arms holding him tightly. "It's fine !" Jongin whispered gently "You're ok" He added smiling softly at the smaller boy between his arms. How did the stranger get from the other side of the bed to this side in a second was only what made Kyungsoo looks blankly at no where mind freezing. 

Kyungsoo thought that he's officially insane now.

"Listen Kyungsoo, I'm not here to kill you nor to kidnap you if that makes you feel better" Jongin said raising his arms a little bit so Kyungsoo would be in a more comfortable position while curling his fingers around his shoulder, and for his surprise the smaller boy relax a bit in his arms."Who are you? and why are you here then?... and ... and how do you know my name" Kyungsoo asked frowning still not able to take a good look of the person who was holing him casually on the floor, Kyungsoo wanted to run away, he wanted to scream for help now, after all there was a stranger in his house; in his room. But Kyungsoo did nothing but posing questions, because his heart felt relaxed, the stranger's voice sent warmth into the boy's heart, Kyungsoo didn't freak out, he just trusted the boy when he said that everything is fine. Jongin's voice worked like magic into Kyungsoo's ears.

"I'm Jongin, and I live here !" Jongin answered, the rumbling voice of the thunder made Kyungsoo hold tight on Jongin's shirt suddenly, he buried his face in the boy's chest,and in the next second the sound of small sobs could be heard. "If this is a-an other dream, I ... I want to wake up please" Kyungsoo sniffled and Jongin hugged him closer "I'm sorry Kyungsoo but I'm afraid to tell you that this is not a dream" Jongin said earring an other sob from Kyungsoo "The last days, you've been aware of my existence in the house weren't you ?" Jongin bit the side of his lip, brushing one of his hands at the back of Kyungsoo's soft hair."You've ... you've been watching me... !" Suddenly Kyungsoo pushed himself away of Jongin and crawled away quickly to the last corner of the room, he hugged himself, his body was shaking strongly "You're ... you're a ghost" Kyungsoo said breathing heavily watching Jongin standing up on his own feet. "Call me whatever you want Kyungsoo, but I won't hurt you ... so please! can you please calm down" Jongin begged not wanting to approach the frightened boy already."Am i ... am i dead ?" Kyungsoo asked raising his shaky hands in front of his face looking at them, tears never stopping from falling down of his beautiful eyes. "No ! ... at least for now you're not dead, it's just that you're not even trying to accept that this is reality" Jongin said his bottom lip, his chest went up and down followed by a deep sigh.

At that moment Kyungsoo was about to lose his temper, he brushed his face in his hands "HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS!" Kyungsoo was now yelling, his fingers went up slowly to his bangs grabbing on them so harshly, he pulled off his hands for a second and looked at the darkness where Jongin was standing "Wh-what do you mean ... at least for now ?" Kyungsoo's eyes went bigger went he realized what Jongin had actually said. "I can't really tell you anything for now Kyungsoo! you're not suppose to see me nor hear me nor feel my touches only if you're becoming one of us ... and ... by one of us you know what that means ... dying" Jongin whispered the last part, and a chuckle escaped Kyungsoo's lips "What is happening to me?" Kyungsoo looked like he was more talking to himself now, he bumped the back of his head on the wall and swallowed, "I'm ... I'm dying ?" Kyungsoo said and reality hit him hard .Kyungsoo blinked and his heart skipped a beat when Jongin suddenly appeared right in front of him of no where "Can we talk?" Jongin asked lowering down himself to Kyungsoo's level "We're already talking!" Kyungsoo said throwing his arm on his eyes trying to get what's happening suddenly with his life.

Kyungsoo was in a room with what he's thinking of is a ghost. Kyungsoo for sure felt that there's something weird happening to him since he moved to this house. He always felt the presence of someone else around his, he saw few weird things and always thought that he was just dreaming, but his life suddenly went upside down and now he can see ghosts and he knows that he's even dying soon. Kyungsoo wished to die in that moment actually, he just refused to believe what was happening to him all at once, and he wasn't ready for what was going to happen next.

Jongin cupped Kyungsoo's face between his hands gently, Kyungsoo gasped lightly at the touch, he pulled his arm away and his eyes met Jongin's for the first time that night. He didn't fear his touches, he wondered about why he'd always feel calm everytime Jongin touch him. Kyungsoo was OK with it. Jongin smiled warmly to Kyungsoo, moving his thumb carefully to whip the smaller boy's tears "Stop crying" Jongin said mostly like ordering him, "You look more beautiful when you smile" Jongin add and Kyungsoo just blinked not finding words to say. "I know this would sound creepy, but, I've been with you the whole time since you arrived! I saw you smile few times when your friend comes, and your smile looks so beautiful on you, so you should wear it everyday!" Jongin nodded placing his hands on Kyungsoo's lap now for support.Kyungsoo was getting compliments now from probably a spirit, a body with no soul, an imaginary creature, a so unreal thing, he just didn't know how to react, nor what to consider Jongin as. 

"When am I going to die ?" Kyungsoo asked looking disparately at Jongin, Jongin sighed and shook his head "I don't know!" he answered. "A-are you ... you used to live here ?" Kyungsoo asked again, he seemed like he had tons of questions, but he didn't know what to start with. "I'm Suho's cousin! I moved here when grandma was sick to take care of her" Jongin said now crossing his legs on the floor sitting right in front of Kyungsoo "I'm afraid to tell you that we're not alone also! Because grandma is here as well" Jongin said and Kyungsoo's eyes went bigger again "th-there's an other .... ghost ?" Kyungsoo pointed out with shaking fingers and Jongin nodded "I don't know if you'll be able to see her as well but grandma is so nice" Jongin smiled like a little boy who was talking about his favorite character in his favorite cartoon. "Is she here right now ?" Kyungsoo asked looking around trying to figure out himself. "No she's in her room, she never gets out" Jongin answered gaining the boy's attention again. "Oh" Kyungsoo said nodding.

"Why couldn't i see you before ?" Kyungsoo asked "Grandma didn't allow me to be around you, she said that I might kill you with a heart attack if you notice me suddenly, and i almost did i guess"Jongin said scratching the back of his neck. "I should've stayed away but i just couldn't, I enjoyed being around you! and ..." Jongin stopped talking for a moment when Kyungsoo frowned and held his arm out it's like he was looking for something. "Kyungsoo ? .... what's wrong ?" Jongin asked titling his head to the side looking at the confused boy in front of him. "Jongin ? .... Jongin where are you ?" Kyungsoo waved his hand in the air trying desperately to reach Jongin "Jongin I can't see you anymore don't scare me" Kyungsoo said his hand starting to shake again. It took Jongin a while to realize that Kyungsoo wasn't able to see him anymore, he remembered that the boy isn't always able to feel Jongin's presence or see him "I'm here, don't worry" Jongin said softly reaching Kyungsoo's hand to hold it between his, Kyungsoo jumped lightly in his place and gasped "You-You're here ! Why can't I see you anymore?" Kyungsoo asked curling his fingers around Jongin's hand it's like something he would do naturally everyday. "You won't be able to always see me nor hear me or feel me just keep that in mind until now you won't be able to get all this in one night I'll explain everything to you soon but, I'm always here! " Jongin said and Kyungsoo just nodded starring at his hand still wondering if this isn't really a dream, which is more like a nightmare actually; kind of a beautiful nightmare somehow.

But whether it was reality or fantasy, Kyungsoo had to sleep eventually, he couldn't skip an other day of work. The rain wasn't heavy anymore, just the sound of few droplets of water making a peaceful harmony, as long as there is no thunder Kyungsoo is fine. "Am I going to see you again ?"Kyungsoo asked leaning his head on the closet right next to him, Kyungsoo forgot that he was still sitting down on the cold hard floor, but he didn't mind, he felt too weak to even move his toes, so he just stayed like that. "Maybe!" Jongin answered, deep inside he was hoping that Kyungsoo would be able to see him again, he just liked it when the elder boy looks right into his eyes everytime. Kyungsoo nodded, his eye lids falling down slowly, he went quiet after a while, eyes closed, chest going up an down slowly, he sounded peacefully peaceful. 

Jongin placed him on the bed for the second time on that night, covering him well with the blankets and wishing him a goodnight after that quietly leaving the room. 

 


 

Jongin received a very hard knock as soon as he entered his room. "OUCH" he yelped rubbing his head while grimacing. "Are you proud now ?" His grandma asked, sounding so angry. "Hey calm down grandma! Everything went fine" Jongin said sitting down on the bed smiling widely to his angry grand-mother. "I didn't have to worry in first place if you stayed away of him from the beginning" She said "How can you kindly announce to someone that he's dying soon ?" His grandma asked placing her hand on her hips. "Isn't that what you did to me when i was about to die too ?" Jongin layed down on the bed, arms under his head looking up the ceiling "But i was happy to see you again grandma because I missed you and I didn't mind dying because I was going to be with you " He smiled closing his eyes "And do you think Kyungsoo won't mind dying because he'll ended up happy with you as well or what ?" She asked mocking him "Ow come on grandma! he might like me in the upcoming days, he'd be so happy and glad to die" Jongin winked to his grandma and chuckled on his own joke, while his grandma looked so unsatisfied with what Jongin is doing "You should just leave him alone." she said. 

Jongin pursed his lips and sighed. Why does thinking about Kyungsoo makes him this happy. He just hoped that he's not the one who's falling for him. And he just refused completely the idea of leaving Kyungsoo alone. He wished that he whould've been able to sleep so he could wake up the next morning to see Kyungsoo again without having to wait all night long. Jongin twisted to his side on the bed watching the rain fall, whenever it rained Jongin would stay quiet wondering who died in that night, and if the baby that was delivered safely to this world is going to be a happy kid or not. 

He was just glad that Kyungsoo isn't the one who died. 

 


TBC~ 

A/N : silent readers breaks my heart.