☾ II

A touch of fear.

He twisted his eyes open trying to adjust them to the morning light. He ended up shutting them close again throwing his arm on top of his forehead. His lips spread a bit and he breathed slowly never thinking about leaving his warm bed. He suddenly remembered yesterday's dream and opened his eyes again looking everywhere trying to remember what he saw. He titled his head to the side when he remembered the eye contact that he made with the most beautiful eyes ever , and the touches of fragile and soft fingers against his face, he frowned wondering what kind of dream he had since he only remember seeing someone in this room starring at him while he was sleeping, coming to think about it again , it felt ;creepy. He shrugged lightly and was about to close his eyes again when his phone rang. It was a messagie.

from Baekatchu : "if you don't open the door in five seconds I'm gonna run to the police station and tell them that you were murdered by ghosts"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and dropped his phone back on the mattress, lazily got up from the bed and walked down the stairs yawning until he reached the front door and opened it. A small figure rushed inside and passed right under Kyungsoo's arm who was still connected with the door's knob, Kyungsoo didn't even bother to turn around and see whom it was , cause he knew it was Baekhyun already ,he closed the door and rubbed his eyes.

"You're still alive" Baekhyun placed the bags he bought on the floor and went to squeeze Kyungsoo's cheek "no " Kyungsoo muttered massaging his temples. "nothing bad happened to you right ?" Baekhyun asked squeezing here and there and poking the boy's body. "You survived I'm glad" Baekhyun grinned. Kyungsoo shook his head and sighed pushing the small boy away gently"When are you going to stop with your horror stories , there's nothing to be afraid of in this house it's peaceful ! and yes i'm alive."

Kyungsoo walked to lightly kick one of the bags Baekhyun bought, "What are these ?" He asked eyeing them. "Food" Baekhyung answered grabbing the bags and taking them to the kitchen."How's Chanyeol ?"Kyungsoo asked following behind. "Kyungsoo I don't care you have to go back and live with us , the house is so boring with that giant" Baekhyun pouted and started emptying the bags. Kyungsoo chuckled "I'm still wondering how did u managed to get here Baek , so brave of you" Kyungsoo rested his chin on his hand watching Baekhyun moving here and there in the kitchen probably looking for something specific , checking the fridge and everywhere."I read yesterday on the Internet that ghosts only appear at night so it's safe now" He smirked with a thumbs up."You even made researches before coming here Baek ?... so smart , you never fail to impress me"Kyungsoo lifted an eyebrow. "Of course I can't die now I'm too beautiful to die to be honest" Baekhyun shrugged and Kyungsoo nodded holding his laughter. 

 


 

Jongin walked around Kyungsoo's room , hands in his pocket eyeing the place. So clean and neat he thought. He found a framed photo on the nightstand next to Kyungsoo's bed , he leaned down and examined the photo slowly. There was three figures , he recognized the one in the middle right when he saw him. A small smirk made it's way to the side of Jongin's lips , "cute" he said almost whispering starring at smiling Kyungsoo in the picture. He lifted his head up again when he heard footsteps coming closer to the room , Jongin's glare now was fixed on the closed door waiting for it to be opened , and by the time Kyungsoo opened the door and was about to enter the room, Jongin in zero seconds exploded into nothing and disappeared in the shadows. Jongin didn't know why he felt scared and that he had to hide. Jongin didn't know why he run away even thought he knows that the boy can't see him. Jongin found himself in his grandma's room again hands on his chest breathing heavily. He felt strange , he felt unusual "What's wrong young boy ?"He heard his grandma asks that's when he remembered last night when Kyungsoo looked right into his eyes. 

"This is strange" Jongin whispered.

 


 

"I guess we should add more onion" Baekhyun pointed with the knife to the ingredients "Are we preparing onions with pizza or pizza with onions Baek ?" Kyungsoo asked looking at the amount of onions that Baekhyun already add to the sauce , a very big amount actually and he still wants to add more. "Onion always makes everything tastier"Baekhyun shrugged "No thanks that's already enough plus i want to keep some tears in my eyes"Kyungsoo sniffled whipping the tears that were falling down from his eyes because of the onions. "Wait i'll go bring my phone and let's find on the Internet what else we should add"Kyungsoo whipped his hands on his apron "Hey don't leave me alone here" Baekhyun's eyes grew bigger "ghosts doesn't appear in the morning remember ?"Kyungsoo chuckled and rushed up the stairs to his room. 

 

Kyungsoo opened the door of his room and felt a breeze of air hit his body which made him shiver a little bit , he frowned and looked at the window, it was closed , and Kyungsoo was unsure of the feeling he got the moment he opened the room. He got his phone anyway and rushed down again to find Baekhyun cutting more onions. Kyungsoo just slapped his forehead and sighed. 

For the rest of the evening , Kyungsoo and Baekhyun watched some movies like they'd usually do when they used to stay alone at home , until Chanyeol joined them later on , bringing some chicken along with him. At midnight Kyungsoo waved goodnight to his friends , yawning , he closed the door and took some lazy steps forward to the stairs , his eye lids already closing little by little and his vision was getting blurred and sleep was taking over his small body , he wished his room was in the first floor and wondered why the stairs looked like they had endless steps , he leaned his shoulder on the wall and yawned again. 

 


 

Jongin watched Kyungsoo walking up stairs it's like he was climbing a cliff , he was standing right behind him at the very end of the stairs, arms crossed and eye brows lifted wondering about how much of energy is left in Kyungsoo's body and if he can really make it to his room tonight. He shook his head when the elder boy leaned down on the wall looking like he was giving up on the whole universe. But then his eyes grew bigger when suddenly Kyungsoo almost fell backwards , he looked like he was about to collapse and a small yelp escaped Kyungsoo's mouth. Jongin hurried up and placed his hand on Kyungsoo's back pushing him back to stand up again saving him from falling down. When the boy was all fine , Jongin pulled his shaking hand away and kept looking at it not believing what he just have done. Before Kyungsoo turns around Jongin disappeared. 

 


 

Kyungsoo froze in place , looking at nothing , looking paralyzed. Kyungsoo was absolutely sure that he felt someone touching his back , he was about to fall , but then he felt like some strong wind pushed him back. Kyungsoo was pretty sure that something strange just happened, his heart beat raced a bit, and he thought that maybe because he was too sleepy he was starting to imagine things.

 


 

Jongin shook his head frowning "no way" he whispered , looking at his hand. "what's wrong with you? you've been starring at your hand for the past 10 minutes now .." His grandma asked taking a seat next to the window enjoying the fresh air. "Grandma" Jongin scratched the back of his neck for a second "were you ever able to touch things .. i mean after your death ?" Jongin asked seating on the edge of the bed "things ?" his grandma repeated fixing her glasses. "not actually things ... it's more like skinship ?"Jongin titled his head to the side his frown was getting even deeper. His grandma knocked the side of his head and he groaned standing up "why do you always hit me" he whined like a little kid shaking his body. "because you make no sense young boy" she pointed at him with an annoying face , he sighed and sat down again "you see ... i was able to touch Kyungsoo" jongin said lifting his hand up in the air , and his grandma knocked his head again "GRANDMA WHY" he was shouting now caressing the side of his head "how am i suppose to know who's Kyungsoo ?" his grandma said crossing her arms. "urgh ! it's the boy who moved here yesterday , his name is kyungsoo grandma" Jongin explained ... "you said you were able to touch him ?" his grandma asked pulling off her glasses wearing a serious expression on her face now while Jongin just nodded in response , "The boy is dying soon , Jongin".

 


 

Kyungsoo woke up at the middle of the night feeling a strong headache. He rubbed his temples gently , and groaned lightly at the strong pain. Then he remembered that he didn't bring any medicaments with him "urgh ! that should've been the first thing i should've packed" he said almost whispering.He supported his body weight with his elbows and slowly sat down leaning his head back sighing. He felt like drinking something really hot , so he made his way to the kitchen to prepare some hot chocolate at least to feel a little bit warm because he was shivering already and he hated it when he's sick.

 


 

Jongin made some few steps into the kitchen , and watched Kyungsoo pouring some milk to warm it a bit. "Kyungsoo ?" Jongin said but he got no response. "so you can't hear me , but you can feel me ?" he asked , as if Kyungsoo would answer him , He leaned on the door and nodded to himself pursing his lips "because you're different from the others that Suho Hyung brought here , i'm gonna let you stay " Jongin smiled wiggling his eye brow "plus i guess you're not gonna survive for a long time ... ?" He asked ; more like he was asking himself, as Kyungsoo took a seat on the big round table in the kitchen holding his mug waiting for his milk to cook.

"I'm being nice, you should be thankful" Jongin said while Kyungsoo rested his head on his arm closing his eyes "you're welcome" Jongin said as he walked and sat down right in front of him "You look so pale" Jongin noted when he took a glance of Kyungsoo's face , he winded his eyes when he saw his sweating forehead "Are you sick ?" He asked looking at how tired Kyungsoo looked like "You must be" Jongin affirmed hearing the boy's heavy breaths. He was enjoying the sound of silence, while Kyungsoo looked so peaceful , his chest was going up and down while Jongin was watching the sleeping boy. He looked at his long beautiful lashes , and his eyes traced down his nose ,cheeks and lips who were spread a bit begging for some air. Kyungsoo obviously looked like he had some breathing problems because of his fever.

Jongin moved his hand towards Kyungsoo hesitantly until his fingertips touched Kyungsoo's bangs , he moved them to the side gently , afraid that he might wake him up again "Kyungsoo ?" He whispered his name , smiling after that , feeling happy, happy cause he was finally touching someone , after a very long time , Jongin missed this , Jongin missed reality , he missed the real world , his real life : his old life . His smile suddenly faded away when he heard the sound of the boiling milk and glanced at the stove who had the pot of milk who was about to flood.

"Yow Soo wake up , you're gonna burn the house" Jongin said starting to feel a bit worried "Kyungsoo" He called his name , not knowing what to do "Hey Kyungsoo" Jongin touched his arm lightly then shook him a bit , that's when Kyungsoo opened his eyes and lifted his head slowly realizing that he forgot about his milk , and that he almost drifted to dream land again, he turned off the stove burner and covered his face with his hands groaning so loud at the strong pain his headache was giving him . "What's wrong with you ?" Jongin stood up. When Jongin was about to move closer , Kyungsoo collapsed on the ground "". Jongin yelled. 

 


 

Kyungsoo woke up the next morning around 11 a.m , in his bed ,inhaling a deep breath , almost cursing because he was skipping a day of work without even telling his boss that he wasn't going to come. He checked his phone ; 16 missed calls , some of them were from Baekhyun the rest of them from Jongdae who works with him in the same bakery. Kyungsoo made sure to leave a vocal message to Jongdae so he'd know that he was sick and that he couldn't come , even thought he was feeling better than yesterday , but Kyungsoo for no reason wanted to spend the rest of the day in the house. 

He threw his phone on the mattress and was about to seat down when he felt some pain in his shoulder , he hold his shoulder firmly pressing on it a bit , shutting his eyes close "why does it hu-" he stopped in the middle of asking himself while his eyes grew bigger , "wait" he whispered remembering yesterday's events. Kyungsoo had a blank expression on his face, he only remember being in the kitchen preparing a cup of hot chocolate , what happened next ? he doesn't remember ; nothing. 

"it can't be a dream" it felt so real for Kyungsoo to be a dream , he quickly pulled off the blanket and made his way to the kitchen , he checked the sink , he checked everywhere for any sign of what he remembers of yesterday but there was nothing to be found , everything was arranged in it's own place, nothing have been touched.

weird.


 

"morning sleeping beauty" Jongin mocked when he spotted the confused Kyungsoo in the kitchen " i see that you didn't forget about yesterday" Jongin clicked his tongue "you should go on a diet soon , for someone who looks so small like you , it was so hard for me to carry you all the way to your room" Jongin crossed his arms close to his chest with a disappointing look on his face,"you fell so hard on the floor yesterday , are you okay now ? "... " are you going to prepare breakfast ?"  "Can you cook ?" Jongin asked when Kyungsoo opened the fridge to take out some ingredients "you can't faint again and that's a deal Soo" Jongin sighed watching the boy mixing the egg like a pro "i see you've got some skills" Jongin yawned feeling a little bit bored , "do you even appreciate the fact that i gave you a nickname ? SOO ?" Jongin titled his head to the side then covered his mouth to hide his giggles when he spotted the Hello Kitty apron that Kyungsoo was wearing "you've got some taste too" Jongin chuckled to himself. 

"How old are you thought ?" Jongin titled his head to the side , while Kyungsoo was humming a song to himself , Jongin closed his eyes , a small smile was making it's way to his lips while he was listening to the most beautiful melody that was escaping Kyungsoo's lips. 

 


 

Kyungsoo finished cooking his pancakes and spread the strawberry juice on them already , he placed his cup of juice on the table , chewing on some of his pancakes. Few minutes late he placed his fork on the side of his plate , and examined the kitchen with his eyes , he suddenly felt uncomfortable , and had a feeling like if someone was watching him , he sighed thinking that the past two days he had many things going on in his mind , he can't think straight anymore and he guessed that he was just imagining things. He took a sip of his juice to calm down his nerve with the cold liquid and thought that it may be better if he finish his breakfast while watching T.V ; at least it would keep him company. 

He picked up his plate and made his way to the door. 

 


 

"can you feel my presence ? "Jongin asked , looking at Kyungsoo wondering if the boy would make an eye contact with his again "why are you looking around weirdly like that ?" Jongin kept asking as the boy picked up his plate and saw him making his way to the door. Jongin knew that he had to move away so he would past , he can't risk it , the boy may be able to feel him again , but Jongin froze in place when Kyungsoo stopped right in front of him looking down , mostly he looked like he was looking to Jongin's feet , slowly Kyungsoo started raising his head , his eyes traveled Jongin's body until they looked right into Jongin's eyes. For the second time in that week , they made the second eye contact. Kyungsoo suddenly dropped the plate on the floor.

"who are you?" he asked. 

 


TBC~ 

A/N : i've been busy u have no idea guys , but here's a quick update so you guys can make sure that the author is still alive. I"m breathing guys. 

Comment ? if you want me to continue ? huhu