Moment of Truth?

Take a Chance

 

 

.....“It was a mistake, Nichkhun.”

 

She sensed him tense and felt his eyes boring into her.

 

“How can you say that? What we shared was out of this world. It was passionate and intense.” He defended their lovemaking intensely.

 

Turning her tear filled eyes to his; he could see the effort it took for her to say these words, like they were torn from her.

 

“You’re right. I can hardly sit here and deny it when it was all those things you said and more.” She looked away from him as her tears spilled over, “but, you see, I made a promise that I wasn’t going to let anything happen between us while you were with her. Victoria.”

 

She heard him get out of bed and tensed.

 

He came and sat on the seat with her. He’d pull his jeans on but hadn’t fastened them up.

 

“Please don’t cry,” he soothed. “Victoria’s history as far as I'm concerned.”

 

She laughed a little hysterically. “Maybe you should discuss it before coming to that decision yourself.”

 

“I’ll tell her we need to talk when they get in.”

 

Yoona was horrified, “No! That’s too cruel! She’ll know something happened between us.”

 

Out of the corner of her eye she saw him throw his hands up in exasperation but she was already thinking ahead to what could happen if he dumped her tonight.

 

“I don’t give a if she knows something happened. I want people to know about us.”

 

Tears blurred her gaze, “I don’t.” She felt him flinch and continued, “Not yet, anyway.”

 

“Why?” It was only a whisper.

 

“Because we’ll be spending the next two weeks together and if she knows something happened between us, it will be unbearable.”

 

“I’ll dump her; she’s going to want to leave after that.”

 

She turned her face to look at him, “One problem with that. She came with you. She has no way of getting back to New Jersey on her own, a taxi won’t go through different states and it’s nearly Christmas so it’s not fair to send her home.”

 

He sighed, defeated, and nodded slowly. “Fine.”

 

Getting up off the window seat he gathered his clothes but didn’t put them on, instead he turned to go. Something made her get up and go after him.

 

“Khun?”

 

He spun and seemed surprised she was so close. “Yeah?”

 

Opening to speak she found the words wouldn't come so shutting it she tried again.

 

“I, erm...” She faltered once more.

 

“Spit it out, Yoong.” He said irritably.

 

Swallowing, she tried again, and this time it came out in a rush, “I love you."

______________

Short update. Advance Happy Valentine's <3 ^_^