Spend it with you

Take a Chance

 

 

Racking her mind to why she was even in the kitchen in the first place she looked around and spotted the kettle which had steam coming out of the spout and remembered she was making Yuri a hot chocolate. Going over, she poured the water into the mug and mixed thoroughly, spilling some of the liquid onto her hand and she swore, pulling the hand up to to try and ease the pain. After a few seconds the pain had eased and she picked the mug up and took it to Yuri.

Noting the way her friends’ eyes searched her face she knew she must be flushed or look dishevelled or something but nobody mentioned anything. Yuri took the mug after pushing Taecyeon off her lap and then patted the settee at her side. Yoona sank down onto the plush leather and sat talking quietly to Yuri for a few minutes until she heard Nichkhun re-enter the living room and found herself tensing as she felt his gaze on her.

“Here you go; one gin and tonic.”

“Thank you baby,” she heard Victoria purr throatily and clenched her teeth as an intense wave of jealousy hit her.

She turned her head slightly so she could look at them but still look like she was conversing with Yuri.

Watching the way Nichkhun sat back against the cushions and how Victoria leant over to press herself against him, making sure every part of them pressed together before kissing him, she felt her stomach roll.

Hoping against hope he’d stop her or push her away after what had nearly happened between them she was dismayed when he placed a hand at her nape and held her there.

opened in shock and bile rose in and she hastily clasped a hand over to hold it in as she said a hasty, “Excuse me,” before running upstairs to her bedrooms en suite and threw up for the second time that day.

Tapping on the bathroom door made her turn and look, it was Tiffany and Yuri. Her gaze went to the floor and her eyes filled with tears. “Are you okay, honey?”

The tears spilled over and she shook her head.

“Is it Nichkhun?”

At the mention of his name she started sobbing and her friends had their answer. They both dropped to the floor and hugged her.

“Hey, it’s okay.” Tiffany tried to soothe her.

“No, it’s not,” she wailed miserably.

“What’s happened between you two?”

Yoona raised her head, her eyes big in her pale face, tears falling like waterfalls down her cheeks.

“I’ll tell her,” cut in Yuri, and went about the whole story quietly and unemotionally.

By the end of it, Tiffany looked happy. Well not exactly happy, more pleased about something.

“Right, Yoong, you listen to me. Stop crying.”

You could see the effort it took for her to stop and after a few minutes she drew a few shaky breaths but had stopped crying. “What?”

“Right, so there’s always been something between you right? And this morning you’d seen each other for all of what, ten minutes and you were all over each other? It seems to me whenever you're around each other you can’t keep your hands off each other. So what's the problem?”

Yoona raised her tear strained face to Tiffany’s, “What's the problem? Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten about Victoria? The ty brunette who hates me.”

“Ah, but if Nichkhun gave a about her he wouldn't go anywhere near you. You know he’s always loyal to whoever he’s with.”

Both Yoona and Yuri snorted. “Well not this time.”

Tiffany growled, “Oh, come on! He’s always wanted you Yoona. He was just going through the motions until he could have you and that time was last Christmas. Only you were with someone else at the time and then Yuri let slip about him asking you to marry him and Nichkhun was angry—“

Yoona snorted again. “Angry? He was furious; he called me every name under the sun.”

“Let me finish. He was angry because you’d got together, at last may I add, but one of you was involved with someone else, it was like fate was meddling again. He took it out on you but he’s regretted it every day since.”

Sighing, Yoona rubbed her face, an ache was starting in her temples. “Okay, say I believe you. Why has he fetched someone up here? “

She watched as her friends face turned uncomfortable.

“What is it?”

“I think you should ask Nichkhun that question. It’s not my place to say.”

Clutching at her head where it was now pounding, she winced. “Maybe later.”

“Are you okay?”

She shook her head but the pain intensified and she gasped. “No.”

“Girls! We’re thinking of going into Redwood! Fancy going?”

Tiffany and Yuri exchanged glances. Yoona noticed it. “Go. I’m not going to ask you to stay behind with me. I’m just going to go to bed now and sleep. Probably until morning.”

“Are you sure?”

Despite her pain, she grinned at her best friends, “Positive. I need some relief from your girly squealing.”

They pulled equally wounded expressions. “Cheeky bugger, luckily for you we don’t attack sick people.” Yuri said with a haughty expression while Tiffany pulled her tongue out.

They left a few minutes later wishing her well by morning.

She took a deep breath when she heard the front door slam and gathering her matching camisole and shorts nightwear went into her bathroom and got in the shower. Taking her time she let the water splash her face and washed her hair. Stepping out of the stall she dried herself gently and dressed at her leisure. Her headache had subsided considerably but she was still going to go to bed.

Going back into her bedroom she let out a little shriek when she found Nichkhun sat on her bed, her hand going to her heart.

His eyes flicked to hers. Brown meeting brown.

“What are you doing here? I thought you’d have gone to the club with everyone else.”

He didn’t answer straight away, just continued staring at her, his eyes taking in every inch of her and a shiver raced down her spine that was nothing to do with the cooler air of her bedroom and everything to do with him.

“I’m not really in the mood to spend an evening with Victoria in a crowded space, I'm likely to end up hitting her,” his eyes rose to hers once more. “I’d rather spend it with you..."

 

Comment and Subscribe!