First chap

Take a Chance

 

 

Yoona drove up the snow covered road, though technically, it wasn’t big enough or wide enough to be one, which led to Malibu Lodge. It was a beautiful two story building her and her friends had put together to buy and now came to spend Christmas at every year.

 

It had been decorated by them all and was very unique but it was special to each and every one of them. With Yuri and Taecyeon engaged and Tiffany and Wooyoung very much in love it would seem strange this year as she hadn’t been with anyone in the past twelve months.

 

She closed her mind to the memories of last Christmas and turned her attention to navigating the last bit of track, as she reached the rise she saw that there were already three cars outside. She must be the last to arrive. She felt a knot of nervous excitement about seeing them all again.

 

Especially Nichkhun.

 

She pulled her white volkswagen into a spot next to a brand new Porsche. It must be Nichkhun’s, she recognised the other two models as being Taecyeon’s and Tiffany’s. Nichkhun. She closed her eyes and sighing, rested her forehead against the steering wheel as she was assaulted by the memories of last Christmas she’d tried to ignore.

 

There had always been a strong—make that very strong—ual attraction between herself and Nichkhun but they had always tried to ignore it, but it had finally boiled over last Christmas when they had all gone into Redwood, the nearest city; about an hours’ drive away, and had danced together in its small but busy nightclub. The club had been packed to the rafters and everyone had been sweating and shedding a few layers of clothing. They’d left the others talking and looking after their drinks while they had squeezed their way through the revellers to the dance floor. It was rather hot and before long she could feel sweat dripping down her back and into her cleavage.

 

Thinking back to it now she thought the heat must have fried her brain. That was the only explanation she could come to about her next actions.

 

She’d undone the buttons on her blouse and removed it, at the feel of the slightly cooler air touching her skin. Opening her eyes, she’d noticed that Nichkhun was watching her intently; his normally pale mocha-ish eyes were now darker and heated as they slowly looked at her exposed skin. Grinning at him she’d moved closer, pressing her body flush up against his and wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. She felt his response in the tightening of his body and the nudge of his against her stomach. Her grin had faded and they’d simultaneously reached for each other, their mouths meeting hotly.

 

Coming back to the present, she realised the accusations Nichkhun had made about her leading him on now made perfect sense. After all, it had been her who’d initiated the body contact; he’d just gone along with it.

 

Suddenly feeling sick, she pushed the door open letting the cold winter air hit her and took a deep breath. It calmed the butterflies in her stomach and she got out of the car and shut the door before moving round to the boot to fish out her suitcase. Slamming it shut, she saw the front door fly open and two blurs come hurtling down the steps, squealing. “Yoona-yah!”

 

She didn’t have time to grin before they jumped on her and knocked her to the floor. It must have been over ten month since she’d seen them last. They all giggled as they gave each other a hug and linked arms like they used to when they were sixteen. A movement caught her attention and she looked over to the house once more to see Nichkhun leaning casually against the railing that ran the length of the veranda. She froze and couldn’t tear her gaze away from him.

 

He was 5'9 footer made of pure and hotness, from his slightly overlong chocolate brown hair that curled at his nape, which begged for a woman to tangle her fingers in it; his eyes were a dark coffee brown which you could lose yourself in quite easily; his mouth was sensual and knew what to do to a woman, going lower, his body was so toned it could have been sculpted from marble but you wouldn't know that from looking at him, he rarely wore clothes that pulled tight across his frame. His legs were muscular and long and he had excellent, if a rather expensive, taste in clothes.

 

“Come on, Khun!” Tiffany yelled.

 

“Yeah, don’t just stand there. Come and get Yoona’s case.” Yuri started walking them towards the house and talking to her excitedly but she couldn’t concentrate. Her gaze was riveted on Nichkhun as the distance between them lessened.

 

She could see a strange glint in his eyes as he drew closer and opened his arms in a well known gesture that before today meant he was happy; today it was just a way of making her nervous. Stepping into his arms she felt the way he pressed her body fully into his and nuzzled her neck gently and she sighed quietly. He pulled back slightly to whisper in her ear, “I never did get invited to your wedding.”

 

She pulled back from him sharply, her eyes spitting fire but he just smirked and went to collect her suitcase. The bastard!

 

Her friends were chatting to her excitedly again and she let them drag her into the house and through to the sitting room where Taecyeon and Wooyoung were waiting, beer bottles in hands, grins on their faces. She couldn’t help smiling stupidly at them and in turn they gave her bear hugs, crushing the breath out of her.

 

“Hey baby, wanna beer?” The unfamiliar voice came from behind her and Yoona spun to see a tall, busty brunette hanging onto Nichkhun s arm.

 

“I’d love one.” He answered and leant forward to kiss her and she giggled childishly.

 

Yoona’s gaze caught Tiffany’s and Yuri’s and they rolled their eyes before pretending to gag.

 

“Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend, baby?” The brunette asked in a purr that grated on Yoona s nerves.

 

Nichkhun looked at her lazily, “This is Yoona. Yoona, Victoria.” He smiled smugly at her, “My girlfriend.”

 

Girlfriend? His girlfriend??

 

Comment and Subscribe/