Anger

Take a Chance

 

 

She slammed her fist down on the worktop in annoyance. What had made her kiss him? How could she have been so stupid? He despised her for God’s sake.

Yoona looked at her reflection. She looked different. Her hair was dishevelled, her eyes were bright and dilated, was slightly swollen from the pressure of his and her skin had a glow about it.

She looked strange.

No wait, not strange, she looked wanton.

Her gaze dropped from the unfamiliar person and she rinsed her hands under the cold water and then dried them on the terrycloth towel. Turning away she opened the bathroom door and made her way over to the bed where, ping her suitcase, she took everything out and put them into her wardrobe. She left out a top to change into but decided to keep the skinny’s on as they were nice and warm. She took her time going back downstairs, not knowing if she wanted to see Nichkhun again so soon.

As she descended the stairs into the large living room everyone was sat on the three large leather settees that adorned the room. Unfortunately, Nichkhun and Victoria were facing her while Taecyeon was laid on one with his head in Yuri’s lap and Tiffany and Wooyoung were spooning on the other. She could feel his gaze on her but she looked everywhere but at him.

Entering the ‘U’ of settees, she smiled at her friends and they grinned back. She looked for somewhere to sit and there wasn’t anywhere.

“Come and sit here.” Looking over her shoulder she could see that Nichkhun had moved slightly to allow enough room for her to sit. Hesitating, she looked around the room. Surely there must be something she could sit on. Nope.

An arm s around her waist and she let out a strangled sound as she was pulled backwards and landed on a hard male body. Everyone laughed. She squirmed out of his grip and sat down at the side of him and dug her elbow into his ribs. “Idiot.”

He grinned but feigned pain, “Ow.”

After that it was like normal, they all talked about what they’d been up to, played board games and just had a nice laugh.

“So, what do you do for a living, Yoona?” Victoria asked during a lull in conversation.

She turned her attention to the other girl. “I’m a personal assistant to the boss of a large electrical firm.”

Victoria’s lips twisted. “Hmm. I bet you enjoy that. Do you get many bonuses?”

“I get one quarterly.”

“For special services granted?”

Her eyes clouded in confusion, “What do you mean?”

“I mean personal services.” She widened her eyes, hoping to get the meaning across, “ual favours.”

Yoona shot her feet. “How dare you!”

She smiled smugly, “I was only asking.”

“No you weren’t Victoria, you were being a . Yoong, I’m sorry for her behaviour towards you.” Nichkhun said and Victoria sent him a venomous look.

Shaking her head she walked away into the kitchen to calm down.

“He chewed her out, you know.”

She turned to see Yuri stood in the doorway so opening the fridge took out a bottle of beer and offered it to Yuri but she shook her head and screwed up her nose. Yoona shut the door and taking the cap off, took a long drink, wincing at the bitter taste. “He needn’t have bothered.”

“I don’t want to be nosy but...did something happen between you earlier?”

“I didn’t think you were being nosy?”

Yuri sighed heavily, “Fine, I lied. I care about both of you; I want you to be happy.”

“Ha!”

She searched Yoona’s face intently, “So something did happen earlier.”

Yoona felt her face grow heated and choked on her beer. She gazed steadily at her friend. “What makes you say that?”

Yuri rolled her eyes and placing her finger against her lips looked thoughtful.

“Hmm, let’s see. Could it have been the fact that for the past year he’s been and swearing and calling you all sorts of names and then suddenly after going upstairs with you for what was it? Ten minutes? He’s defending you and you’re like best friends again? Come on Yoona, even me, the romantic is finding this a little hard to fathom. Something important must have happened.”

She couldn’t quite meet Yuri’s eye so took another swig of beer to distract herself from revealing the truth. “We called a truce, that’s all.”

Yuri’s gaze went heavenwards. “Why won’t you trust me enough to tell me what happened? Is it because of last Christmas when I let slip about Seunggi proposing to you?”

“No! This has nothing to do with last Christmas. It’s just that there isn’t really anything to tell. We nearly had but came to our senses at the last minute...but, even that was only because we heard Victoria coming upstairs.”

Yuri’s face lit up at the information and she mouthed ‘Oh My God’ but didn’t say anything else which Yoona was grateful for.

“Anyone want a beer?” She shouted as she watched Yuri make her way back into the living room.

There was a silence as her words sank in and then chaos.

“I’ll have one.”

“Me too.”

“Me three!”

Sticking her head around the doorway, she grinned at them, “Anyone else?”

Her gaze was distracted by Nichkhun standing up, “I’ll have one but I’ll come get it myself; Vic wants a G and T.”

Nodding she got the beers out of the fridge and had just finished uncapping them all when she heard Nichkhun enter the kitchen. Without turning around she held one of the beers out to him but when he didn’t immediately take it she turned questioning eyes on him.

His eyes were focused on her body; on a thin strip of skin exposed between her jeans and tight blue t-shirt, which showed her tattoo.

“Khun?”

His eyes rose to hers slowly and she shoved the bottle into his hand, “Oh, erm, thanks.”

They turned away simultaneously and she grabbed the three bottles of beer while he got the ingredients to make Victoria’s drink.

Yoona left the kitchen before he did and handed the drinks to everyone before stopping in front of Yuri. “You didn’t say what you wanted to drink.”

She grinned at Yoona and contemplated what she could have, her eyes flashing when she decided what she wanted. “Hot chocolate.”

Rolling her eyes, Yoona smiled, “Let me guess with whipped cream and crumbled flake.”

“Be still my racing heart,” she said dramatically, throwing the back of her hand against her forehead, “she knows me so well.”

Everyone laughed. “Be right back.”

She went back into the kitchen, surprised to find Nichkhun waiting for her. Smiling slightly at him she put some water in the kettle and turned it on before opening the cupboard above it to get out the Galaxy hot chocolate; Yuri’s favourite, and scooped a few generous spoonfuls into her mug.

Knowing Nichkhun hadn’t left the room yet she tried to ignore him but it was hard in the small confines of the kitchen. Knowing how long it would take for the kettle to boil she tried to go back into the living room but Nichkhun grabbed her arm and pulled her along after him; out through the back door and onto the veranda.

“What are you doing?” She asked heatedly trying to pull out of his grip but he held firm until they were safely outside and out of ear-shot. “Nichkhun!”

He shut her up quite easily.

All it took was a kiss.

She was taken totally off guard, which explained why she was letting him kiss her senseless instead of pushing him away.

His hands started at her waist, holding her against him but after several seconds they moved to explore her body. One came up to cup her while the other fastened on her nape.

“Yoona...” His husky voice was a balm on her senses and without really knowing how, her arms wound around his neck and pulled him closer to her.

The feel of the hard wood against her back and his palms on her bare skin made her come back to her senses with a bump and she hastily pushed him away. “No!”

His eyes shot to hers. A mixture of desire and what could have been pain. Maybe it was anger, but whatever it was, she tore her gaze away and sagged weakly against the wall.

“Yoona, I'm.. I'm sorry. That wasn’t meant to happen.” He tried to explain but she didn’t want to hear it.

Shaking her head she backed towards the door and feeling for the handle, managed to turn it and hurried inside not caring if he followed or not.

/Guess you guys had a clue already of "what happened last year" theory. For those who are asking if Yoona was married, No, she isn't so calm your .

Comment and Subscribe and COMMENT!