TotM | Chapter 02

GODDESS CORNER

 



Tears of the Moon

Chapter 02

 

 

"Your Majesty, Hara came. She brought the latest news from the great palace hall." called out through the door by Jiyoung, her longest and most trusted attendant and confidant.

She sat straight, chin up and regal, shoulders steady and broad, and face that was devoid of emotion. She willed herself to stay composed, opposite of the turmoil that was going through her head. 

'It's nothing..'

'Sureely the news Hara brought would not be that bad--- '

'No. Stop'

'I'm over thinking. Just---'

'It's nothing.'

She took a deep breath and dispelled the raging thoughts in her head as she called over, "Okay Jiyoung, come inside and tell me what she found out."

The doors were opened and Jiyoung entered. Jiyoung then bended down her legs and head for the customary curtsy, "Your majesty.." 

After Jiyoung's bow, she nodded and motion for Jiyoung to sit. She studied Jiyoungs face for any signs of what the news could be. What she saw made her clinched her teeth together. 

'it's not going to be bad---' she tried to convince herself for the opposite, but it was useless. The grim set of Jiyoung's mouth always indicated that her heart will take a beating again. Jiyoung's facial expression had always been pretty obvious, when she was angry and pissed, and now was not an exception.

"Yes Jiyoung...", she calmly acknowledged. 

"Your majesty, the latest news from the palace is that..." Jiyoung's voice broke and immediately bowed her head, unable to continue with what she was going to relay.

She fisted her hands to her side, and sat straighter that before sensing now that it was going to be pretty bad. Silence dominated between them. And she used that silence to compose herself and prepare herself for the storm that to come. A storm that would start with whatever it was Jiyoung found out from the Hara girl. She smiled, and stated, "Its okay Jiyoung-ie..."

Jiyoung looked up until they were looking at each other's eyes. She turned to gaze at Jiyoung straight, showing Jiyoung that she would take it, she was after all Park Gyuri, '...and I am Queen', She can take whatever it was.

Silence Continued to reign between them and they stared at each other until she noticed sparks of worry and anger in her eyes.  Jiyoung always did give herself away with her eyes. 'it's that bad..'

Now even without the words she knew it was going to be terrible. She was ready and now nodded toward Jiyoung to continue

"Your majesty.." Jiyoung started again.

She stopped and took a deep breath before continuing on, "Hara said that the ministers called for an emergency meeting with the king. All of the servants were dismissed from the hall"

She smiled, still composed.

Jiyoung placed her clasped hands in her lap now as she continued, "It took four hours, the meeting"

She smiled, and waited.

Jiyoung now unable to look at her, averted her eyes and looked at the table with her head bowed as she relayed some more the news, "When they came out, Hara stated that your father was pissed."

She smiled, composed and waiting.

Jiyoung took a deep breath and stated, "Your Majesty, The dowager Queen Grandmother also visited the king after..."

Her smile cracked, composure slipping. 

She knew what was coming. When the King's grandmother visits it’s always something big. The monarch's elder never visits for trivial things especially with her declining health.

'Stay.. Focused' She tried to convince herself.

She let go of her smile now, feeling the heaviness of the facade.

It was coming; the storm was going to hit her now.

"...the ministers. And it is said that they were talking of one thing", jiyoung's voice seemed so far away.

"They were talking about the Heir", Jiyoung stated now in a bare whisper.

It hit her, '...Heir'

The storm in the form of the King's succession

The storm was here and she was tormented.

First the king's Love...

Next the nation's future.

Both she desired

Both she wanted to protect

Both out of her grasp.

Both denied to her 

And even though she was in the perfect position for both, it will never be hers.

And both will forever torment her.

She felt her eyes hurt. She bowed her head hiding the way her tears started to spring from her eyes. 

Her pride was battered to the pulp. Her dreams were so out of reach. And her composure was at it's edge.

"Your majesty.." Jiyoung called to her.

She shook her head, and as steady as she could, spoke, "Continue. I know there is more" 

"Your Majesty?" 

"Jiyoung, continue with what the news is.."

"Your majesty..."

Silence reigned. 

She knew jiyoung was giving her time to brace herself for the news.

Silence that only magnified her torment.

Silence that ticked by to run her whole being.

She then continued, "Hara has stated that the talk was about the succession of the King's line and the royal heir of the nation." with a voice that was barely a whisper.

She nodded, acknowledging the news

She was shattering her all over again.

She closed her eyes, feeling the tears that were falling from her eyes. She still tried to fight it but it was useless, she was breaking apart.

She was like a splinter, being broken apart one by one.

She was all smiles, a facade. But inside she was nothing but an open wound

Silently she cried. 

Tears falling from her eyes, painful beyond words. 

Tears that feel like every drop was being gauged from her eyes.

Head still bowed, tears still falling.

Her hands still fisted yet numb.

She knew Jiyoung stopped talking. She wanted to tell her to continue, to end her torment. To tell her everything and have it done with.

But she could not speak. Words were hard to be spoken. Words were too painful.

It was silent again.

Silence with her pain.

Silence that magnified her torment.

She shook her head trying to wash away her reverie.

It was useless. She was literally in carnage.

Tears continued to fall. Silence still reigned. Torment still was her everymoment companion.

Moments walked in silence.

Pain seared in silence.

The storm hit in silence.

But there was more to come.

A storm that would hit her. hit her like now other. Hit her until she was dead.

Another storm brewing.

Another storm that was from Jiyoung's unspoken words, jiyoung procrastinating to protect her.

But it will wait and stew.

And as surely as the sun will rise in the morning, this additional storm will hit her.

She knew.

She expected.

She endured.

The words were the only thing missing. 

It was already here.  

Inside her she knew it. Her heart was already breaking yet again, it was here. Her soul was being tormented, it was here. Her mind was in havoc, it was here. her pride was battered beyond repair, it was here.

The confirmation was the only thing needed.

She composed herself, to accept the last storm.

She tried to take a deep breath to discontinue her ragged breathes due to her sobs. 

She closed her eyes tight and wiped the tears from her cheeks and looked at Jiyoung, "Tell me jiyoung..."

She looked at jiyoung, tears streaked down her eyes too. It mirrored her own

Jiyoung shook her head.

She smiled at Jiyoung, "It's okay Jiyoung. I can take it."

Jiyoung's shoulders rocked as she shook her head, unable to give the last blow of storm to her.

"It's okay Jiyoung, I am Queen after all", her voice cracked as she talked to Jiyoung

Her heart shatterring.

Her soul battered

Her mind mangled

Her pride in shreds.

"I know what they want." She continued.

She closed her eyes and pictured the man that was giving her hell. She hated him. He is nothing but the devil. 

She hated him yet she also loved him

She cursed him but she also cursed herself.

She wanted him to go to hell but she would then follow him there

It was time.

She took a deep breath and acknowledged the storm now, "You were going to say, 'Unni, they have decreed that the King will get a Concubine."

 

 

 

 

To be continued....



a/n: I know that the girl in this story is the queen but her pesonality is oppsite of Gyuri's. And if you are like me  that fell for Gyuris' non nonesense type for personality then you will hate her personality/weakness. But whatevs. My only excuse is that I really can't shake this scenes from my head of this story and even when I sleep its gyuri's face plastered in my head as the girl. hahahaha. LoL, She's really invading my personal time and space, but since she is gyuri, then I am okay with that. Anyway eversince the promo stills came out with QUEEN concept of their new album, I was excited. can't explain it, I'm wary of the usic still but more Kara and Gyuri for me. Yes , the costume was a little villainy black queen or Red queen in Gyuri's case. It felt like they wanted to go into villain queens but at the last moment change their mind, and pulled a little from teh dark concept. My reaction to that, "drats" and "WHY?". Whoever pulled out the villain concept needs to be slapped by me. I amybe the only one with this opinion but comeon, that queen things is just too SAFE.
anyway anyway anyway, on we go, I am still having some problems in giving a title to this story so if you have any suggestion, I hope to hear from you just post in title and the reason why you think it's a fiting title. hahaha NAKS, I'm making my own rules. Also haven't finalized also the guy. So who is kingly among the guys linked to her
LASTLY, will edit it later.

 

 

 

Lastly I leave you this:

"If people say they don't like me, I  don't like them either "

- Gyuri | SGB EP248