Flower Boys And Girls...

Diary of a Sarcastic Child

Diary Entry #68

Let me just say that having a former flower boy for a step dad is not exactly the best thing. Suki asked me why a hot teenager was picking me up from school, and when I told her that it was my thirty-three year old step father, she had the 'I don't believe a word you just said' look on her face. It's also kind of awkward, because Luhan still does look like a teenager. So does my mom. It's creepy.

Of course you can see the slight marks of age on their faces. The lines around my mother's eyes and the corners of her lips have grown from her never ending laughter and smile. Her fingers remain soft and tiny, almost like a thin layer of skin on top of bone, yet they remain plush and comforting. Her hair has gotten thinner and more frizzy over the years, humidity making the results extreme. The brown locks fly around her face when the day is windy, and she often ties the mass of hair into a thick pink ribbon. Luhan is similar. His hair remains dyed, a light honey blonde that he successfully pulls off. He always somehow manages to beat his roots to the punch line, and dye them before they grow back, so his hair always appears as if blonde is it's natural color. His smile is still sweet, little bits of wrinkles showing up here and there. Mom and Luhan are both thirty-three, so of course the wrinkles are barely there. Maybe they're nonexistent, and I've fooled myself into believing they're there.

In the end, I'm left confused. Are they still the flower boy and girl couple from their youth? I believe so.


A heavy knock sounds against the apartment's tiny door, and Luhan's smile brightens even more when he opens the door to his cousin and his wife. Choaya has her usual, warm and motherly smile, while Kris's well-known face is surprisingly up a tiny grin.

"Kris! Choaya! Come in, come in!" Luhan cheerfully explains, stepping aside to let the two in.

"I'm so sorry we're arriving earlier then planned." Choaya apologized, bowing slightly.

"It is truly no problem! Mina, Seolhyun, and Seolhyun's friend are upstairs, but you guys have been here before, you know." The deer man says.

Seolhyun's head suddenly pops from the doorway at the top of the stairs, and her eyes widen a little at the early arrival of her 'aunt and uncle'. Kris is barely related to Seolhyun, being her step father's cousin, while Choaya remains a friend-near-sister of her mother's, but at that evidence, Seolhyun says screw it. Before the two guests can make contact with the child, Seolhyun raced back to her room, where she sees Kangin staring at her posters. Just as she left him.

"My uncle and aunt are here." She mutters, sitting next to him on her bed.

"Which uncle? The super hot guy for fourty, the man-child, the idol, the one who made me some awesome pants, the robber, the one who might kill somebody, or the gay ones who gave me a talk about the science of gay guys?" Kangin mumbles, eyes glued to a male Korean idol pinned on Seolhyun's wall.

"Uhm..." Seolhyun shrugs, gesturing for Kangin to explain.

Kangin sighed, and turned to his friend. "Kris, Henry, Donghae, Zhou Mi, Sehun, Ryeowook, Heechul, or Hangeng?"

"Oh, Kris and Choaya."

"Sweet."

"What?"

"He's hot."

Seolhyun pulls away a little, furrowing her eyebrows. "Excuse me? I thought you liked Leeteuk."

"I do, but come on, Kris is pretty damn y."

"Kangin. I swear on your mom, if you go on, I will throw you out the window."

"Hey, I'm honest and open, you know that."

"Sadly."


"So, what are you two doing here? You said you wanted to visit, but why?" Mina asked, sipping a cup of green tea.

"Can we not visit?" Kris muttered, frowning comically.

Mina laughed, covering her grin with a hand. "Oh, you two can visit whenever!"

"Well, the kids have a few days off because the school suddenly lost power." Choaya bit her lip. "Teachers have off too, so, we got bored."

"I wanted to visit Lulu anyway." The eldest chuckled, taking a swig from his coffee cup.

"Oh, yeah, thanks Kris. I love that nickname." Luhan 'tsked'.

Meanwhile, Seolhyun and Kangin were sharing a box of pocky as they sat against a wall, listening to the conversation in the next room. Seolhyun groaned rather loudly, jealous that the high school kids were treated to a week of vacation while workers attempted to repair the power. At 4:00 P.M., Kangin and her were dead tired from school, and they were too lazy to think of anything interesting to do, so here they were, listening to a typical conversation between catching up adults.

"Why were you so pouty today at school?" Kangin questioned out of the blue, a pocky stick between his lips.

"Kyuhyun was absent today." Seolhyun groaned even louder than before.

"That's right. You two kissed yesterday..."

"Yeah, and we were gonna have a talk today at lunch. I don't know where we stand, but that boy and I are probably gonna start some kind of amature relationship. I need to make it clear though, that we're both twelve, and that we're too young. I mean, we have feelings for each other, but it's too early to be dating in my opinion." She said in a rather monotone voice.

"What's gonna happen then?"

"If he accepts, then we'll be like... half dating."

"The hell is half dating?"

"I don't know!" Seolhyun moaned in frustration, leaning on Kangin's shoulder. "Everything would've been confirmed and figured out if that geeky little flower boy was here today at school."

"I get 'ya. The rumor about Teuk and me has gotten worse." He clicked his tongue.

"How so?"

"Well, ever since it started, I've kind of been flirting with him and making it obvious that I want the rumor to come true. He's kind of leading me on too, so I think he likes me back. I think he's also scared though, so he's been really quiet around me lately. Now the rumors are that we had , and that I like him, and he doesn't like me."

"Wait, hold the up." Seolhyun's jaw dropped, and she flipped her hair in a diva-like way, holding her pocky like a cigarette. "Who the hell would create a rumor about twelve year old boys doin' it?"

"I know! It's ed up!" Kangin buried his face in his hands. "I just want a cute boy all for myself with no drama. Is that so hard?"

"I hear 'ya. Twelve year olds are weird. We're weird. We're all just so ed. Hormones goin' every where, and we're too young to act on them. Rumors that don't even make sense because we don't even know how to make rumors. I mean, they're not creative, and they just don't make sense. In conclusion, I'll repeat, we're weird."

"And if we complain, then we're seen as whiny and childish. We can't win. So, if somebody was reading this conversation, they'd probably be rolling their eyes."

"Well, if they're also twelve, then they'll understand and relate."

"But what twelve year old would stalk our conversation?"

"Uhm... none? Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are no twelve year old stalkers."

"That just leaves little kids who won't understand what we're complaining about, and older people and teens who will think we're stupid."

"WE CAN'T WIN!"

Kangin stayed silent for a moment as he stuffed more pocky into his mouth. "At least we're flower boys and girls."

"Are you saying that our only benefit is that we're cute?"

"Well, we have other benefits, but yeah, one of them is that we're adorable."

"That depends on the kid though."


Diary Entry #69

Kangin and I just spent four hours in a deep conversation about society and children and love and .

Did we even come to a conclusion? No. We didn't. We fell asleep.

Edit: Sixty-nine. Sixty-nine. SIXTY-NINE. I have zero percent maturity.

Ha... sixty-nine...


Sadly, the rumor about Kangin and Leeteuk is based off of a rumor about my friend and her boyfriend when we were thirteen. Kids kept walking up to her and him asking if they really did have . So yeah, twelve year olds are really that messed up.

Ok, on a brighter note, I just wanna say thank you to those who have subscribed to this weird little fic. I really do love you all!