Testing, Kissing, Wowing.

Diary of a Sarcastic Child

Diary Entry #70

So today was absolutely horrible. Not only was Kyuhyun absent again, but we had a surprise test in history. Ok, it wasn't really a surprise test, but for me, it was. I don't keep track of this stuff! It was also one of those horrible tests where the teacher says 'Oh, and stay by my desk. I'll grade it right then and there." So you stand there for gosh knows how long, watching and sweating like a pig as you watch your teacher cover the damn thing in a red sharpie. I got an eighty-two out of one hundred... not bad. It's a B-. I could do better, but , as long as it's in the A-B range, I'm all good.

Kangin, however, is not as lucky.

Unlike me, he stresses over tests, and after studying like a madman for the past week, he still got a sixty-nine percent. That's a D+. So Kangin is in denial about failing his test, but really, you got a sixty-nine on your history test, that's not a good thing. Lunch was right after, and he had this creepy grin on his face, like he had seen a zombie limping down the hall, and it was his first kill. Poor boy. I asked him what was wrong and he half laughed, "I got a sixty-nine percent! Yay!" As we were walking to my bus stop, he had tears rolling down his cheeks, out of anger at himself, stress over what his mother will say, and humiliation that Leeteuk had probably gotten word of his score. He waved like a kicked puppy goodbye when I got on my bus, and when I finally sat down, I looked out the window and saw him giggling as he walked around the block.

It was scary.

And depressing.


Seolhyun had arrived home with an awkward smile on her face, and after attempting to assure her mother that she was indeed ok, she had burrowed herself in her 'batcave'. Mina had awkwardly peaked through the slight opening of her daughter's door, and she was finally at peace when she noticed her daughter furiously typing away at her laptop. She always knew that Seolhyun could never write in a bad mood, so this was a good sign.

"Is she ok?" Luhan asked, looking up at his wife as she skipped back to the couch.

"Oh she's fine, probably just a little stressed about school." Mina shrugged, snuggling into the older's arms.

"How are you still so small? Did you stop growing at seventeen?" The deer-like man laughed, before receiving a soft punch to his arm.

"At least I'm taller than Seolhyun." Mina pouted, her moon-like eyes gazing up at Luhan.

"Not for long." Luhan teased, shutting his wife up as he pressed his lips to hers.

Mina whined a little at her response being cut off, but she was quick to forget it. Whenever they kissed, Mina somehow felt like she was seventeen again. She felt like the tiny blind girl in her protector's arms, and that was her favorite feeling. As much as she supported and admired strong female figures, she loved being able to curl up next to her husband like a delicate doll. That feeling came often though, because Luhan nearly kissed her every minute of the day, finally happy that an ocean was no longer separating them. She wrapped her arms around his neck, his hands at her waist, pulling her closer and closer. The warmth of their lips was heated between them, and she didn't hesitate to open her lips slightly, and just as Luhan smirked, knowing where this was going, the doorbell rang. Mina groaned in annoyance as she held onto Luhan tighter, not wanting to leave this. Luhan in turn laughed as he slowly pulled away, kissing her forehead.

"I don't wanna stop." She playfully her lips, leaning in to kiss him again.

"Honey, come on, somebody's gotta answer the door." Luhan kissed her lips again, quickly.

After a short thumb war, Mina huffed as she trudged towards the front door, being the loser of the thumb war, her punishment was answering the door. She expected her daughter's friend Kangin, and she also expected a family member to show up, but an odd boy with a large grin stood at the door as she pulled the piece of wood open.

"Hello! Would this be Huang-Kwon Seolhyun's house?" The boy eagerly smiled.

"Yes, I'm her mother, Kwon Minaring. Forgive me, but, who are you?" Mina furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh, I'm Cho Kyuhyun. I'm a classmate of Seolhyun's." Kyuhyun bowed.

Mina stood to the side. "Come in then. She's just in her room."

Kyuhyun smiled and bowed once more, and after climbing the long set of stairs, he was met with a slightly shocked pair of older eyes. The eyes almost instantly narrowed, and the elder smiled, knowing exactly who the boy before him was. Kyuhyun recognised him as well, and he gave a short yet respectful bow before scurrying off. Being the smartest boy in the class gave him a good excuse for his first guess of Seolhyun's room being right, when the truth was, the first door he knocked on just happened to be the room he was looking for. The last thing Seolhyun expected was to open her door and be face to face with her crush of two years, and the boy who had kissed her two days earlier.

"H-Hey Kyuhyun." Seolhyun monotonically said, eyes bulging from her skull.

"Hello Seolhyun. May I come in?" Kyuhyun smiled, that dreaded rising of his cheeks and showing of his teeth melting her.

Seolhyun nodded, grabbing his wrist as she gently pulled him into her room, shutting the door behind them.

"Let me just explain." Kyuhyun held his hands out in defense. "I got braces two days ago, and today my mother let me stay home because my mouth was hurting and I had a headache. I could barely focus on anything. I'm fine now, but I just really had to see you."

"It's alright, I know that feeling." Seolhyun chuckled, pointing to the metal in .

"Seriously though, I just... wanted to know how you're doing. Where we stand, all of that." Kyuhyun shyly mumbled.

"Well, I mean, we both like each other, right?"

"I've liked you for a while."

"Good, then I'm not alone. We're only twelve though, so... I feel like we're too young for dating." Seolhyun muttered, scared of Kyuhyun's reaction.

"I was so scared that you'd think differently. I just think we shouldn't take it too seriously, and we shouldn't let it harm our lives." Kyuhyun breathed a sigh of relief, Seolhyun following.

"B-But... I still want to be with you. Like, I want to hang out with you, I wanna hold your hand, I wanna kiss you." Seolhyun was always either a blunt or a confusing child. Kangin was simply blunt.

"Yeah, I wanna be able to do... this..." Kyuhyun leaned forward, his lips catching hers.

"This is so funny... suddenly we're like this." Seolhyun laughed, Kyuhyun holding her hand as he did so too. "Let's make a promise though. We should be together, but we shouldn't take it too seriously." She held out her pinky.

"Pinky promise? Really?" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, wrapping her small pinky around his.