Kiss Kiss Kiss! Nerf Nerf Nerf! Ah, Family!

Diary of a Sarcastic Child

"Mina!" Luhan yelled as soon as Seolhyun stepped into the house, her foot already on the first step upstairs.

She turned to stare at him, giving him a look of both fear and warning, as if saying, Please... don't even try mofo... please, don't you dare. 

"What babe?" Mina chirped, her voice barely understandable from her place in the bathroom, as she was staring at her hair, trying to figure out it's color.

"Luhan, please." Seolhyun begged as she slowly trotted up the stairs, her eyes glued to her step father.

"Ok, ok, I wo- SEOLLIE KISSED A BOY TODAY!"

"LUHAN!"

"SHE DID? MY BABY ISN'T READY FOR THAT!"

Seolhyun heavily and quickly stomped upstairs and she ran to her room, throwing her lunch box into the kitchen without a care as she sprinted past. She could already hear her parents laughing and booming about their child kissing a boy for the first time. However, situations like this weren't totally abnormal in that house. Luhan and Seolhyun didn't have the average father-daughter relationship. They'd been teasing and trolling each other since the day they met, and currently, Luhan had a score of twenty-five, with Seolhyun closely behind at twenty-four. Now, she needed some sort of revenge, and revenge could be anything, like popping a balloon in the other's face, or sharing a secret. The twelve year old cringed as she added a tally on Luhan's side to the score board.

"That bastard." She muttered, trudging to her closet.

"Wait, honey, where did you put the nerf guns?" Seolhyun heard her step father nervously ask.

She smirked, opening her tiny closet that was made even tinier by the pile of nerf guns at the bottom.

"Oh my gosh..." Her mother's loud and cheerful laugh sounded through the house.

Seolhyun pulled a simple, plastic nerf handgun from the top of the pile. She grabbed a small, black netted bag, and filled it with styrofoam bullets.

"You put them in her closet, didn't you?" Luhan laughed, already knowing his fate.

"Oh, please, talk louder!" Seolhyun sarcastically said, mocking her parents' loud tone.


Diary Entry #66

Kyuhyun kissed me today. My crush kissed me... how is my luck this strong?

Is this 'a light'?

Are these moments the lights that mom always talks about? Happy, amazing things like these?

I hope so... because I very much enjoyed it.

Ok, enough with the sweet stuff now, because as much as I'm freaking out over the fluffy stuff, something else needs to be said.

LUHAN. SAW. AND HE TOLD. MY MOM. 

I understand that they're married and they don't wanna hide secrets from each other, but that bastard one-upped me and now he's in the lead again! We were at a tie, and then boom, he uses the new dirt he has on me! I still can't believe it. In the end though, I'm really proud that of all the people to marry, my mom picked a snarky badass. I approve. Anyway, my mother also made the mistake of shoving our nerf guns in my closet, so short story, I drew a face using nerf bullets on Luhan's back. 

Alrighty, it's about dinner time now, so I should be going. See you later!


"I just realized something." Kangin mumbled out of the blue, interrupting our study session that the teacher had assigned us to.

"You know Kangin, if you keep changing the subject, Mr. Park isn't going to let us work together anymore." I sighed, looking at my friend with my head in a slow shake of left to right.

"Just hold on, I was analyzing your family,"

"Stalker."

Kangin went on, ignoring my comment. "and I realized that everybody is weird."

"Judgemental ."

"I mean Luhan's family is filled with Chinese trolls."

"Racist."

"Literally everybody in Mina's family is somehow messed up."

"Ableist."

"Here we come to you, your mom, and Luhan."

"Oh dear god..."

"Your mom is overly happy, to the point where her smile goes from endearing to creepy."

"You just don't know how nice that woman is compared to some scumbags."

"Your dad looks kinda hot, and if I was straight, I'd be scared by that."

"So... homophobic?"

"He's beautiful though... like a girl. That's just weird."

"ist."

"Lastly, we've got you."

"Well I'm ed."

"And I don't even know what you are."

"Chinese-Korean. Female."

"In conclusion... I'm lucky to have a friend like you." Kangin smiled, totally surprising me.

"Wait... no... uhm... wow, ok. Thanks." I sheepishly grinned, furrowing my eyebrows.


Diary Entry #67

Kangin is weird.