Where I Belong

Where I Belong
“Great job guys!”
 
“I can’t believe we won!”
 
“Kiki, stop crying!” Yoseob whined as he squeezed his friend’s shoulders. Even he had cried earlier, though, so he didn’t press it further. 
 
When Dongwoon slipped in between him and Kikwang, he definitely didn’t press it. The maknae had things under control from the looks of it, behaving more like a hyung than a maknae as he rubbed Kikwang’s back and mumbled something to him. Kikwang sniffed and nodded, rubbing at his eyes.
 
It had been a little crazy after their first win. None of them could really remember the trip home, and Kikwang had been blubbering off and on the entire time. Yoseob sighed and sat down on the floor, looking around at his bandmates. Well, the ones he could see anyway. Hyunseung had slipped away to shower immediately after coming home and Doojoon was in the kitchen getting everything ready to cook dinner. Junhyung was off in a corner smirking to himself.
 
Junhyung.
 
Yoseob grinned and scooted over to the rapper, nudging him in the shoulder as he stopped beside him. “Hello there.”
 
“I’m not giving you sugar.”
 
“I don’t want sugar,” Yoseob scowled at him in response, but when Junhyung lofted a brow skeptically, he grudgingly added “yet.”
 
Sighing, Junhyung leaned his head back on the wall. “What do you want, Yoseob?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“Liar.”
 
“Really!”
 
“I’m going to tell Doojoon where your stash is-”
 
“Seungie said you kissed him!”
 
Dongwoon and Kikwang froze, a tissue clutched in the older boy’s hand as both of them stared at Yoseob and Junhyung with wide eyes.
 
As Junhyung glared at him, Yoseob laughed weakly. “Oops?” 
 
“Volume control, Seobie,” Doojoon said mildly from the kitchen. “I’ve told you before that you get too loud when you’re excited.”
 
“Uh-huh!” Yoseob's squeak sounded panicked.
 
Doojoon smirked as he pressed the button to start the rice cooking. “Junhyung, don’t hurt him. Seungie likes him.”
 
“Yeah! He likes me!”
 
“Wait, wait--… You kissed Hyunseung-hyung?” Kikwang asked, still staring at the rapper.
 
Junhyung nodded, a tic working in his jaw as he sat stiffly beside Yoseob. 
 
“On.. On the lips?” 
 
Another nod.
 
“FINALLY!”
 
The loud shout from the maknae startled Junhyung, his eyes going wide as he watched Kikwang and Dongwoon jump up and down. What, had he gone back to preschool all of a sudden? The two were psychotic, giggling like children as they held each other’s hands and hopped around in a circle.
 
“What’s going on? I heard a shout- Oh, good. You’ve stopped crying,” Hyunseung stepped into the living room from the bathroom, rubbing a towel over his hair as he watched the scene before him. 
 
Junhyung swallowed. “Yoseob was too loud again.”
 
“Huh?” 
 
“The kids know about your little hallway romance,” Doojoon stuck his head out of the kitchen as he said it, then motioned for Yoseob to join him. “If you want dinner anytime soon, you’re helping. I’m not getting stuck with all the cooking again. And Woonie, you and Kwangie are on cleanup tonight.”
 
“Okay!”
 
As the giggling started up again and both boys resumed jumping around, Hyunseung turned to look at Junhyung. “Uh…”
 
Junhyung got to his feet and grimaced, shrugging one shoulder. “If it helps, I didn’t say anything. Yoseob did it all on his own.”
 
“I’m not surprised.”
 
“At least he got Kikwang to stop crying. That’s good, isn’t it?”
 
“It is.”
 
“I mean-”
 
“Junhyung, are you under the impression I’m upset by this?”
 
The rapper paused, swallowing uncomfortably before he cleared his throat and shrugged. “Well.. Yeah, I guess. You’re usually pretty private about… stuff.”
 
Hyunseung’s lips twitched. “I see.”
 
“You just usually get upset when you become the center of-”
 
“It’s fine, Junhyung,” the petite boy said quietly, obviously trying to reassure him. He sighed and started rubbing at his hair with the towel again, taking a couple of steps to bring him closer to Junhyung. “I knew he’d tell them. That’s sort of why I did it. I figured by the time I got back out here, they’d know and it would already be settled.”
 
Junhyung wasn’t sure whether to be shocked or amused, at first. When he realized Hyunseung was really okay with everything, he glanced over at the still jumping boys before giving his dancer a look. “You thought it’d be settled. With the bouncing twins over there.”
 
Hyunseung paused, then snorted and chuckled a little. “Good point.”
 
“Just kiss already!” Yoseob shouted.
 
Junhyung and Hyunseung turned to look at the boy leaning out of the kitchen. 
 
Doojoon appeared in seconds, tugging him back into the kitchen with the usual indulgent smile of amusement. “Come on Seobie.”
 
“But-!”
 
“I have chocolate on top of the cupboard there.”
 
Hyunseung shook his head as Yoseob’s protests ceased abruptly, but when he turned to look at Junhyung again, he found that he was already being watched. Doe eyes blinking in confusion, he hooked his towel around his neck. “What?”
 
Junhyung moved closer, mere inches away as he used one end of the towel to rub a damp part of Hyunseung’s hair. “You’re really okay with all of this? You’ve had a lot of trouble adjusting to us already… Can you really get used to this, too?”
 
“I’m already used to it,” Hyunseung answered simply, then smiled at the skeptical look on the other male’s face. “But can I make a demand?”
 
“What?” Junhyung asked, looking a little uneasy.
 
Hyunseung bit back a snicker at his obvious discomfort. “Stop sneaking out of bed in the morning. You take all the warmth with you.”
 
Junhyung stared at him for several seconds, not fully comprehending it at first. When it sank in, he snickered and looked at the ceiling. “This kid…”
 
“Hey! I’m older! You can’t call me a ki-” Hyunseung’s protest was muffled by a kiss, and his eyes widened as Junhyung pulled away.
 
The rapper smirked. “Go check your fan sites, Seungie,” He murmured, then stepped past him to head for the bathroom and his own shower. 
 
Hyunseung stared blankly ahead of him, then suddenly turned. “Junhyung!”
 
Turning back, Junhyung tried to keep the raging curiosity off his face. “Hm?”
 
“I really am okay with it,” Hyunseung said after a second. His ears were red again and his eyes nearly sparkled at the boy before him. “And I really am adjusted to everybody else, too.”
 
“Really?” Kikwang asked, giving away that they’d been listening to the conversation. He came to stand beside Hyunseung, Yoseob and Dongwoon close behind. Doojoon had even poked his head out of the kitchen.  “How do you know?”
 
Hyunseung shrugged. “I just do,” He smiled and looked around at s, eyes landing on his boyfriend last. “This is where I belong.”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
And that's all of it. Thanks for reading and commenting, everyone! I enjoyed seeing all the feedback and how excited some of you were for the next chapters!