Do It Again

Where I Belong
As far as kisses went, Hyunseung wasn’t half bad, in Junhyung’s opinion. At first, he’d sort of frozen up, that petite frame going stiff. When Junhyung had slipped a hand up to cup the back of his head, one thumb tilting his jaw up a little, the tension had seeped right back out of him. It was a minor moment of victory in the rapper’s mind as he felt Hyunseung start to relax and lean into him.
 
Time seemed to slow down. Hooking his free arm  around Hyunseung’s waist, he tugged him closer so he could deepen the liplock. The faint whimper he heard was a definite plus.
 
Unfortunately time really wasn’t on their side in reality. Just when he felt fingers curl around the side of his shirt, someone just had to interrupt.
 
“Wow.”
 
Junhyung nearly growled at the intrusion, but eased away from Hyunseung just the same. Turning his head to look at the source of the interruption, he tucked his hands into his pockets. ‘What?”
 
Doojoon grinned smugly and shrugged a shoulder. “Oh nothing. I was just wondering if you two wanted to come perform with us or if you wanted to keep necking.”
 
That seemed to be where Hyunseung drew the line. Junhyung watched in silence as the dancer scurried past their leader, the tips of his ears red beneath his black hair. Sighing, Junhyung waited until he was gone before he looked up at Doojoon. “Was that necessary?”
 
“Depends on how you think about it.”
 
Doojoon. You just humiliated him.”
 
“I did not.”
 
“Yes, you did.”
 
“Hyunseung knows me.”
 
“So?”
 
“So he knows I won’t tell anybody. He’s just upset someone saw you two kissing, that’s all. Give it a little while and he’ll be fine. He’s a lot better than he used to be.”
 
“I know that,” Junhyung muttered, staring moodily at the hallway beyond Doojoon. “I just don’t like that he ran off like that. He’s probably going to spend the next week avoiding me.”
 
Doojoon’s smile turned mild. “I wouldn’t say that. You didn’t insult him, Junnie. You kissed him. Big difference. Now come on, we’ve got to get your mic pack on.”
 
Junhyung didn’t look very reassured, but he set off down the hall just the same. As they passed other artists and waiting rooms, Doojoon snickered and slung an arm around his shoulders. “Besides, once Yoseob sees that face he’s going to be all over Seungie.”
 
“Oh no,” Junhyung groaned, but followed Doojoon into their suddenly chaotic waiting room just the same.
 
---
 
The time leading up to their comeback stage was filled with panicked coordi noonas fixing hair, makeup and wardrobe, mic packs being checked and properly attached…. It was, in a sense, insane. Junhyung’s attention was on Hyunseung most of it, eyes following the dancer around the waiting room while the other boy was passed from coordi to coordi. They hadn’t had a chance to speak since getting back, but it sure seemed like Hyunseung was trying very hard not to look at him…
 
His constant staring was not lost on the others. Yoseob had been the first to spot it, since he’d also been the first one to see Hyunseung’s return. He had pounced, just as Doojoon warned. Junhyung had no idea if Hyunseung had said anything or not, but Yoseob had been deep in a frenzy of conversation with the charismatic dancer, and the hyper singer had been wiggling his eyebrows and grinning at Junhyung ever since. The way Junhyung saw it, if he hadn’t said something it’d be a miracle, because Yoseob really seemed to know that something was up.
 
When the time came for them to head for the stage and make their final preparations to perform, Doojoon led the way, an energetic but surprisingly serious Yoseob at his side. Junhyung followed with Hyunseung at his side, and Kikwang led Dongwoon at the rear. Hyunseung still seemed determined not to look at him, which only made Junhyung uneasy.
 
“Are you going to ignore me again?” He asked quietly as they rounded a corner and Yoseob reached up to smooth a wayward strand of Doojoon’s hair. He saw Hyunseung glance at him, but said nothing, waiting for a reply.
 
“Depends…. A-Are you going to do that again?” 
 
The question was so soft that at first he thought he hadn’t heard it. When he realized what the words had been, Junhyung looked at him a little more steadily, a slight frown drawing his brows together. “Do that again as in ‘good’ or..”
 
They passed by the show’s MC’s, and Lee Joon grinned at Kikwang. Hyunseung waited until they’d passed through the doorway leading to the stage before he looked at Junhyung.
 
“Well, sleeping together would be very awkward from now on if you didn’t.”
 
“Alright guys, get into your places,” Doojoon said quietly as he adjusted his mic.
 
Junhyung used the time spent getting in place to let his mind reboot. Whatever he’d expected Hyunseung to say, it definitely hadn’t been that. 
 
“Yah, hyung!” Dongwoon whispered. Gesturing toward the rapper’s pack, he glanced down at it pointedly. “Turn on your pack!”
 
While the maknae adjusted his mic, Junhyung turned his on and looked over at Hyunseung. “I’ll do it again.” He mumbled, covering his mic so it wouldn’t carry past them.
 
Hyunseung's answering smile was brilliant as the lights came on and the music cued in.