By Chance

Peter Pan's Sister [Hiatus]

 

A week after Krystal moved in, she hasn’t seen Kris nor his father in the household. It’s either she’s always in her room, they’re avoiding her, or they were never here. Occasionally, she would eat together with Chanyeol in the dining table but the boy would always finish up first. She thought Chanyeol is unlike her father and Kris even though their resemblance is unmistakable. But Chanyeol’s eyes are softer than Kris’ hard gaze and his deep voice sounds calmer than the other two. Last night, she gathered all her strength to talk to Chanyeol but, as lucky as she can be, he wasn’t home.

It’s Krystal’s first day in her new school. Saying that she’s nervous is an understatement. Although she will be attending an international school, she still can’t help but feel very anxious. Her uniform is nice and warm. Her plaited navy blue skirt which ends above her knees is matched with a red dress shirt underneath and a matching navy blue blazer on top. After checking herself in the mirror for the last time, she got her bag from the bed and went down to have some breakfast. As usual, nobody is there except for Jihyo, the only house helper in the house who has been serving the Parks for two decades. Chanyeol must have gone before her.

“Thank you for the breakfast. I’ll be heading to school now,” She bowed politely to the old maid before leaving. Krystal decided to go back inside to ask Jihyo the route to her school is when she stopped when she heard someone.

“Good morning Krystal. I’m Heechul, I will be your chauffer from now on.” Although panting, the guy beamed a beautiful smile at her. She breathed a sigh of relief.

“Good morning Heechul.”

“This way to the car.”

The trip took only a good ten minutes. By the time they reached the main gate, Krystal readied herself to get down the car.

“After your class, I will just be waiting outside for you Krystal. Good luck on your first day.” Heechul said with a smile as he opened the door for her.

“Thanks.” She smiled.

Krystal nervously walked to the gate of her new school. Although an international school, there were still Korean students enrolled in it. Her class starts at 8:30 and its just 7:43 when she checked her watch. She decided to walk a little bit slower to observe the school and also to calm herself. As her eyes wandered around, she couldn’t help but think that this is indeed a fancy school. From the red-bricked buildings to the tall pine trees which decorated the sidewalks, everything is beautiful. She also noticed the variety of students whose features are unmistakeably distinct from the Korean students. Her train of thought was interrupted when someone bumped her from behind which caused her to lose balance and fall.

“S-sorry miss. Are you okay?” he said as he helped Krystal to her feet.

“Don’t worry.” It wasn’t her intention but she appeared cold and menacing to the guy as their eyes met. He saw a bit of blood oozing from her knees. She must have landed hard on her knees.

“I don’t think you’re okay. I can help you to the clin--”

“No. I’m good.” Before he could insist, Krystal walked away from him, not sparing him a glance. He could only look at her fading image, not noticing a young man running towards him.  He stopped on his tracks behind Baekhyun, panting from all the running he made.

“Baekhyun hyung! Gotcha. You won okay? What the hell my lungs are burni--”

“Hey Sehun, have you noticed her here before?”

“What? Her? Who?” Sehun followed his hyung’s gaze that led to a fading image of a limping girl.

“Uh, I dunno. Haven’t seen her face. Why? is she pretty?” Baekhyun gave him that are-you-serious-look.

“Why would you ask me? You’re the chic magnet here, not me. Come on, dude. Let’s go to class.” He ruffled the younger boy’s hair as he led him towards the building. Baekhyun swore he already saw the girl from before, he just can’t remember when or where.