Family Encounter

Peter Pan's Sister [Hiatus]

{ Family Encounter }

 

After Kris and Krystal arrived, he immediately showed her to her room and instructed her to come down to the living room after changing. Krystal’s room is fairly large. Before she left, her mom’s attorney told her that her father is asking for a picture of her room in the states so he could adjust her room just like what she had in the states. From the black colored mattress to the blue walls and soft, brown carpet beneath her feet, everything reminded her of her room back in the states. Although grateful, Krystal did not think that it’s a good idea because she ought to start a new life here. After she changed into a more comfortable white tee, pants, and the white slippers she found in her closet, she nervously went down the stairs. After seeing three pair of eyes looking at her, she regrets having to come down.

Awful silence filled the living room of the Park Residence. The air is so tense you could cut it with a scissor. Krystal did not notice the other tall boy with pointed ears earlier and it is also the first time she had seen her father. Now that she has, she noticed that there’s a wheelchair beside his chair. Despite his age, Park Insung is a handsome man.

“Come down,” Insung motioned for her to go down to where the three men are seated. She felt intimidated under their gaze. Mom…

Her feet walked towards them. Funny because inside she’s screaming to run away from this place. But Krystal composed herself. She doesn’t want to appear frail in front of them. She knew all about the past that’s why she’s very cautious in every move she make.

“I am Park Insung and I am your father which I believe you already know about.” The man sounded so business-like and Krystal wasn’t a single bit pleased. Although she wasn’t expecting for an extravagant welcome, at least a formal, homey talk would do for them to get acquainted. He did not even let her formally reply because he already started talking again.

“These are my son. The one who fetched you is Kris and the maknae’sChanyeol.” He gestured towards the tall boy beside Kris. Unlike her father and Kris, Chanyeol nodded at her direction with a small smile on his lips. The gesture is really simple. He did not even offer his hands for a handshake but the simple tugging of his lips is really heart-warming after all the cold stares she’s been receiving from the two other men.

“From now on, you will be living with us. I have already arranged the papers for your transfer and school will start in week. You will be attending school together with Chanyeol who is already in his last year. Also, your things from L.A. had been taken care of already. I believe they are already in your room. And how do you find your room, if I may ask?” Krystal’s mind is still processing all the information he’s trying to feed her. “B-beautiful. My room’s beautiful, thank you.”

Kris studied her with furrowed brows. She definitely felt small and weak under his gaze.

“Well. Let’s have dinner.”

“I’m not eating dinner here. I have to go somewhere else.” Kris already turned his back on them when his father stopped him.

“Comeback, son. Please show some warm hospitality to your sister here.” Warm? This awkward situation right now is much colder than any winter nights.

Kris turned around with a smug smile on his face.

“Well sorry, I never thought it’s still my responsibility to feed her. Look, I’ve already wasted my time bringing her here so please don’t give me that crap about hospitality and .”

Kris never looked at Krystal while he said those. It’s as If she wasn’t there. His words were calmly said but it still sent daggers to Krystal. She tried her best not to look hurt. Chanyeol’s glance is bouncing back and forth from his brother to Krystal. He did not feel any sympathy towards her but he’s kind enough to think that she did not deserve this kind of attitude.

Krystal felt like blending in with the walls. She did not expect much for their first meeting but she did not think it’ll end up this way. Kris clearly hates her, her father doesn’t give a crap about her, and Chanyeol… well at least he’s not showing any hostility towards her… yet. Quite impressive for a first family encounter.