002

Runaway

 

 

The outside of the cafe is dark already, you guys been chatting for hours without realizing it. Luckily tomorrow is Sunday. JiEun yawns silently, her boyfriend, Baekhyun, sees that and wraps his jacket around JiEun’s shoulders.

 

“I think we should go home, it’s late already. I need to bring JiEun home or else her mother would nags at me.” Baekhyun stands up from his seat with JiEun following him right after.

 

“Yeah you should. Her mom nagged at me because I went for a night walk with her, and Chanyeol you should be careful too because EunHye’s mom is no different compared to JiEun’s.” You comment on Baekhyun’s statement, he only laughs at you in response.

 

“Oh really? This is my first time taking her out this late I think I should take her home now. I don’t want to give her mom a bad impression.” Chanyeol quickly stands up from his seat, he seems a little panic so EunHye calms him down.

 

After that Kyungsoo suggests that all of us should go home because it’s already late. We walk out from the cafe, the two couples quickly bid their goodbyes since the two guys don’t want to be nagged by their girlfriends’ mothers. So the there are only four peoples left standing in front of the cafe.

 

“You’re a girl and we can’t let you walk alone.” Kyungsoo points something when there’s silence between us. His face looks blank, and after hours chatting with him, he turns out to be someone who’s calm but really blunt.

 

“Nah its okay, its not that far, I can walk alone.” You sense where is this conversation going and you kindly reject the idea of it.

 

“No you can’t, we don’t want something happen to you.” Suho says kindly, I think he’s the oldest among all of them, he seems to be the one who has all the control, not in the bad way but he seems to be the one who’s the most mature among all of them.

 

“How about Kai walks you home?” Sehun suggests something, Kai turns to look at Sehun with a flat expression, and then turn to look at you waiting for your approval indicating he’s okay with Sehun’s idea.

 

“Okay then.” Once again you have no choice but to agree with Sehun’s idea, besides there is no reason to reject Sehun’s idea.

 

With that the three of you bid goodbyes. Kai walks beside you with his hands in his pockets, his eyes are on the road in front of him. You don’t know what to say nor what to do, so you just walk silently beside him, and glance at the stores that you pass along the way, pretending to look interested with the stores. After some time he decides to speak up.

 

“You know—uh I’m sorry for not paying attention when I was introducing myself earlier.” He put his hand on the back of his neck awkwardly and smiles a little at you.

 

“Oh about that, its okay.”

 

The silence is back between you and Kai, actually its not that far from the cafe to your house but weirdly, tonight, it feels so far away. Not wanting the awkward atmosphere you try to start a conversation.

 

“You’re quite close with Sehun, don’t you?” You take a look at him as you try to make a conversation. He looks back at you and then look away.

 

“Actually all of us are really close to each other, but Sehun is the closest to me.”

 

“I see. His grey hair is cool.” And then you say something stupid out of nowhere. He laughs at you in response, you embarrassed with yourself and palm your face with your hands, but it only makes him laugh louder. Hearing his laugh makes you laugh a little too. His laugh is just so cute, you wouldn’t mind hearing his laugh for the rest of the night.

 

“Sorry sorry I didn’t mind to laugh at you but, you said it out of nowhere.” He explains and then laughs again after that.

 

“I know right, stop laughing at me, I’m feeling stupid. But to be honest his grey hair is the only thing that cross my mind when I hear his name.”

 

“Just as you know, it took him three days straight to decide whether he really should dye his hair grey or not.” Kai tells you while smiling, you can’t help but look at him.

 

“And in the end he did.” You add and then laugh to yourself, he joins you.

 

“But really, does he go to college with that grey hair? Your college is quite strict right?” You ask out of curiousity.

 

“Yes he really does. Our college is known as a strict college, and dying hair wasn’t allowed, but his father is the owner of the college, and Sehun wants that one rule to be erased.” Another thing about EXO is revealed through Kai’s mouth.  You only nod your head at him indicating you understand.

 

Not realizing the time, you guys already in front of the door of your house. You stop on your track and then turn around to take a look at Kai in front of you. His hands are still in his pockets. He’s quite tall compared to you.

 

“Thanks for walking me home, Kai.” You smile sincerely at him.

 

“You’re welcome, MiYeon. You can call me Jongin anyway, that’s not my real name.” He smiles back at you while shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Jongin?” You say his real name, confused.

 

“Yeah, Kai is just a nickname that my friends gave me, my real name is Kim Jongin.”

 

“Oh, okay then Jongin. Good night, and thanks once again.” You smile at him for the last time and then you turn your back at him and trying to search for your key in your bag, just when you find your key and about to grasp the door handle, Kai calls your name.

 

“Yeah?” You ask as you turn to take a look at him, he hasn’t walk away, all this time he’s still waiting for you to come in first. You wait for him to talk, you can see he’s hesitating for a moment.

 

“Can I have your number?” He asks you while smiling nervously, you can see through the dim light that his cheeks are red because he’s blushing. You only stare at him with a blank expression on your face. He clears his throat and then talk again.

 

“Uh you know—umm maybe we could hang out together again?” He asks you carefully unsure with his words because you can see that he’s nervous. And that’s when you blush too.

 

You give him your number and then he bids you a proper goodbye and goodnight, he watches you as you open the door and then walk in, when you’re already inside the house you can hear his footsteps getting smaller and smaller and gone. You heave a deep sigh and lean your body to the door. This is totally unexpected.

 

 

 


 

 

Comments, feedbacks, and constructive critics are really really appreciated.

Thanks for reading. :)