003

Runaway

 

 

Ever since that night you and Kai grow closer than ever. You meet him twice a week or maybe more, both of you often sent each other message, and sometimes he would give you a call at night. You don’t know what should you label your relationship with Kai, is it friends? Bestfriends? But you know that both of you haven’t on a stage where you guys can call each other as a lover. You’re not sure with your feeling, and he doesn’t seem like to has something to you since he never says something about you, besides you’re cute, based on what Suho said on that day.

 

You and Kai are sitting together in a coffee shop. You ordered your favorite coffee, cappuccino and Kai with his favorite coffee, americano. This afternoon Kai asks you to meet together in a coffee shop near their colleges, since both of you already finished today’s classes.

 

You start to know him more, if you’re only a stranger to him, at one glance, you’ll think that he’s someone cold and not caring much about his surrounding or maybe you’ll assume that he’s a cocky person. But as time goes by you think that he can be a boy who’s really dork and sometimes childish, but there’s a moment when he can be a man because his thoughts are really mature, he acts like a gentleman. He’s actually a shy person, he would easily smiles at you with his twinkling eyes, that you start to love from day to day because those dark orbs are so mesmerizing, you always lost in his eyes everytime he’s staring at you as he talks.

 

“Hey MiYeon, are you listening to me?” He asks you as he waves his hand in front of your face.

 

“Uh sorry.” You duck your head in embarrassment because he just caught you red handed that you’re spacing out while staring at him.

 

“You’re blushing.” He points that out only to make you more embarrassed than you’ve been.

 

“Okay, what are you talking about?” You try to ignore his statement and ask him as you’re trying to recover from your embarrassing moment.

 

“I was asking you what should I get for my sister’s birthday.” He explains to you as he takes a sip from his americano.

 

“What type of person is your sister? Girly?” You try to help him and unconsciously following his gesture and take a sip of your own coffee.

 

“She’s not that girly, she hates pink from what I know, because I’ve never seen her wearing or has something in pink. She dresses normal like a girl but she ac—hey that guy keep staring at you.” He suddenly changes the topic as he scrutinizes his eyes to the person behind you, you grow curious so you turn your head to take a look at what he sees, and find one familiar face.

 

“Do you know him? He keeps staring at you ever since we’re here.” He asks you while turning his fully attention back to you.

 

“Ah I don’t know he’s here. Yes I know him, he’s my ex.” You say as you take a look at his expression, you somehow manage to catch a sight where he’s stiffen a little when you say the last sentence and turn back to his normal self.

 

“Oh. No wonder.” He replies shortly, or kind of coldly. Before you could give a response to his answer, you hear your name called by a familiar voice. You turn back to the person behind you and smile at him.

 

“Hey Yixing. I don’t know you’re here.”

 

The guy named Yixing comes approaching you and Kai’s table and then hugs you, unconsciously you hug him back, he’s your ex, of course you’re familiar to his touch.

 

“I was about to greet you but you look like in a deep talk with him.” Yixing says while smiling showing his cute dimples. Yixing is quite tall, he’s as tall as Kai, but Yixing’s skin is paler than Kai.

 

At the mention of him which is Yixing meant as Kai, you remember that there’s Kai with you and start introducing Yixing to Kai. After a little chat with Yixing, he bids you goodbye, and hugs you, again. Just when Yixing is gone, you take a glance at Kai and realize that there’s an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“Jongin, you okay?”

 

“I’m okay.” He answers without looking straight to your eyes. You wonder why but you don’t have any courage to ask him further so you just remain silent.

 

You take a sip of your cappuccino, sensing the new awkward tension between both you that you don’t even know why. Suddenly Kai speaks up.

 

“May I know more about you and your ex earlier.” He finally looks at you in the eyes, his mesmerizing eyes is back on your sight, you slightly lost in his eyes until you realize the words he said. It takes you by surprise.

 

“Do you mean Yixing?” You ask him with your blank expression, not sensing that he’s gonna ask you about your ex straightly.

 

“Yeah whoever that guy named.” He mutters that words but you manage to get what is he saying, you ignore that because you don’t understand what actually happen to Kai, and explain about you and Yixing.

 

“O..kay. Actually I dated him a year ago, he’s a senior in my college.”

 

“How long did you date him? Why did you guys break up?” He looks interested about your relationship with Yixing, its kind of blunt for him to straightly ask you that question.

 

“About three months, we didn’t work out well. He managed to figure out that I accepted him as my boyfriend out of pity.” You explain everything to him, you accepted Yixing’s confession that day was because you were pitying him. You respect him as your senior but not in a romantic way. You know that it was such a foolish decision for accepting his confession out of pity.

 

After you explain that to Kai, he seems to be in a deep thought. He doesn’t utter a word and remain silent making you think deeply about what you just explained to him. Did you say something wrong?

 

“Pity. You accepted him out of pity?” He looks at you, his face looks serious for unknown reason. You only nod your head slowly, not knowing where would this conversation going.

 

“Why. Why did you do that?” He keeps staring at your face, like he’s searching for something in it.

 

“Because I don’t want him to be embarrassed in front of his friends and juniors that day.” You whisper your answer, you don’t know why you do that. Kai is looking at you with his serious expression on. It makes you feel guilty for answering that question.

 

There’s a moment of silence between both of them. So many things running in your head, you’re not even sure what’s happening right now. You play with your fingers not knowing what to do, you’re not in the mood for taking another sip of your cappuccino, and so does Kai. He just staring blankly at the table in front of him. He finally looks up, making you look straightly at his eyes. You guys stay on that position for a few seconds until he opens his mouth, again.

 

“What do you think about our relationship, MiYeon?” Kai asks you not breaking the eye contact between you and him. But, you look away as soon as he asks you that question.

 

“I—I don’t know.” You honestly don’t know about your relationship with Kai. What stage that you guys are in, friends, bestfriends, lovers. There’s another silence between you and him. This time you’re the one who break the silence.

 

“I don’t know what are we. I can feel it, that we’re more than friends, but we’re not bestfriends either. Lovers? I’m not even sure with my own feeling, I don’t even know whether you like me or not.”

 

“Then may I ask you why do you always spacing out while staring at my face when I’m talking to you?”

 

“Be—because—your eyes. They look so mesmerizing.” You duck your head embarrassed about what you just said to him. And suddenly you can feel his hand on your chin bringing your face up.

 

“If I ask you, Park MiYeon, to be my girlfriend, what would you say? There’s no one that watching us, I won’t get embarrassed if you say no, so please just answer me, don’t pity me.” Kai says that as he keeps his eye contact with you. You’re staring back at his eyes, while thinking about what you’re about to say. Actually the answer is there, but you’re still unsure.

 

“If you’re wondering whether I like you or not, you should’ve known by the time I asked your number and asked you out. When I did that it means that I like you, I am interested in you. Now I’m asking, do you feel the same way? What’s the reason you gave me your number? Why did you agree when I asked you out?”

 

You realize when he says those words he keeps leaning his face closer to your face without breaking the eye contact between you two. He stops when there’s only a thin air between Kai’s face and your face, he’s waiting for your answer.

 

“Because I like you.”

 

By the time you whisper that words, he shifts his eyes to your lips and you continue to answer his question in a hushed whisper.

 

“I want to be with you. “

 

He keeps leaning closer until his lips is brushing with yours.

 

“Yes, I want to be your girlfriend, Kim Jongin.”

 

With that last sentence he erases all the little spaces between you and him, and he kisses you softly.

 

 

 


 

 

Comments, feedbacks, and constructive critics are really really appreciated.

Thanks for reading. :)