004

Runaway

 

 

"I knew it you guys will hit it off well, even more than friends." Sehun smirksat you and Kai. Kai tightens his grasp between your fingers under the table you just turn to look at the interwined fingers of both of you and then smile at Kai to find him smiling sweetly at you.

 

"Sweetheart, were we that cheesy?" Chanyeol asks EunHye referring to the gesture that you and Kai just did, while EunHye is resting her head on the broad chest of Chanyeol's, EunHye turns to look at you and Kai direction and answers, "Ew I think, no?" With that everyone bursts out laughing.

 

Actually today is the first meeting between the three bestfriends; EunHye, MiYeon, and JiEun, and EXO boys ever since Kai and MiYeon officially announce their relationship. Well, actually it has been a month ever since the confession in the cafe, but EXO boys, EunHye, and JiEun only found it out about last week. They were throwing tantrums about how can you and Kai not telling them the good news between you two, meanwhile Sehun just smiled proudly and you and Kai, well Sehun is the Mr. Know-it-all here.

 

"Gosh EunHye you and Chanyeol are worst even until now. I've never found a couple as cheesy as you guys." Baekhyun scowls playfully at EunHye's answer when she claims that she and her boyfriend aren't as cheesy as Kai and you. JiEun just laughs at her boyfriend's remarks and nodding in agreement, actually the rest is agree with Baekhyun's remark.

 

"Well hyung. At least we don't use nickname even though we are new. Right, Sweetheart?" Kai is trying to tease Chanyeol while saying the last sentence in sarcastic asking for your opinion. "That's right, Cherry." You reply in another sarcastic answer which is making the other laughing their asses off.

 

EunHye is pouting, there's a light crimson red on her cheeks, "Chanyeol, do something, I am so embarrassed right now." She is no longer resting her head on Chanyeol's chest but she is hitting his shoulder instead making Chanyeol turns to look at her with his innocent expression, "What should I do? You're embarrassed of me?" He is making a fake hurting expression at her.

 

Now it is not funny anymore, everyone starts to show their disgusted face. Even though EunHye and Chanyeol are already an item since long ago, no one is getting used to their cheesy lines between each other except themselves. 

 

"Oh my God, I can't take this anymore." Kyungsoo scrunches his face and then take a big gulp of his beer, Suho follows his movement and cheers with Kyungsoo. On the other side JiEun is already unconscious, she only takes about three bottles of soju but she's already knocked out, she has the lowest alcohol tolerance among others, she snuggles into Baekhyun's chest seeking for warmth and Baekhyun covers her with his jacket keeping her secure under his arms.

 

"D0n't drink soju okay, only beer and not that many." You glare at Kai playfully reminding him not to drink soju so he can stay sober to take her home. He is driving his car so there's no way for the driver to be drunk.

 

"Don't worry, why would I want us to be in an accident?" Kai smiles at you warmly making you feel safe even thought with just a smile from him. You can't take this and then you playfully hit his chest, "You're not drunk right?"

 

Kai only smiles wider at your question, he knows you are nervous because of his simple gesture earlier, "Why do you think like that?" He hugs you from behind making you yelp at his sudden movement.

 

"Oh my God, cheesy Chanyeol what did you teach him seriously." You hiss at no one while rolling your eyes, Kai is being so clingy right now, he only laughs at your response and hug you tighter, "Nah just let me being cheesy Chanyeol 2.0 for tonight."

 

 Sehun who's keeping his attention at both of you mumbles to himself, "I really need to find myself a girlfriend instead of helping other people to find one." With that he takes another shot of soju while Suho and Kyungsoo nod in agreement and do the same.

 


 

 

It has been working for around three months for you and Kai, Kai is becoming busier than ever. You guys only have a small talk when meet, you have been busy with your college live too. You and Kai are ready to finish your college, and rarely have a date with each other unlike past months when you did it regularly every weeks. The only way to connect both of you is through exchanging messages and phone calls. Even though the message's response isn't as fast as it used to be but you still informing each other condition.

 

Now you've done with your task that should be collected tomorrow. You heave a deep sigh as you straighten your composure in your chair. You search your phone to take a look at Kai's reply. You find yourself smiling when you see his name on your screen.

 

From: Jongin

I already ate my dinner. How about you? Don't stay up late too much, not good for your health.

 

You have to check the previous message that you sent to remember what is the topic of the conversation because of the slow response. You decide to make a surprise phone call for him. It has been awhile since he called you late at night, you're wondering what is he doing now.

 

You hit the green button and wait patiently, it is already the third ring and he hasn't pick it up. You furrow your eyebrows, wondering what makes him so long to pick up, the message from him is received 5 minutes ago which is mean he is still awake. After the fifth ring he finally answers, he doesn't greet anything there's only the sound of loud music and people chatting over the line, it sounds so crowded.

 

"Jongin?" You ask in an unsure tone, your mind is wandering thinking where could he be in this late at night. Is he in a club?

 

You can hear he is shushing the person beside him before he answers your greeting, "Uh hello."

 

His simple answer not making you feel better, "Where are you? Why is it so crowded?" You ask trying to think positive and trying not to make both of you fight over this matter.

 

"I'm at...a party.." He answer another short reply, the sound of people cheering can be heard.

 

"In a club?" You ask now in not so caring tone, not even trying to hide your annoyed side.

 

"Yeah. I will call you later hmm?" Kai asks you and then talking to the person beside him, you can't assume it is a girl's or man's voice since it is so crowded, the next you hear is his laugh. The laugh that you've been missing all this time, but couldn't hear it directly since you rarely meet him.

 

You heave a sigh, "Okay." You wait a little more since he hasn't hanged up, it sounds like he neglects your phone call after he told you that he will call you later. After some time, the tone from your phone signalling he has hanged up breaks your train of thoughts..

 

 

The line goes off, as you stare at the phone in your hand, you start to wonder,

 

 

What kind of feeling is this?

 

 


 

 

Gosh I'm so sorry, I'm really busy with my school lately I don't even have time to check through the story that I've posted, and leaving you guys hanging. Well the previous chapter is where you and Kai are going out officially but the story hasn't ended yet! The point of this whole story hasn't out. I'm planning to finish this shortfic at once, please look forward to the next chapter, once I finish everything I will post it as soon as possible.

 

Comments, feedbacks, and constructive critics are really really appreciated.

Thanks for reading. :)