001

Runaway

 

 

There are three girls that always hang around together, or maybe that’s what they used to do. Not after each of them starting to have a boyfriend, except you. At first you thought that having two other girls as your bestfriends are anough to complete your life, but, eventually one by one will start living their own life and leave each other because nothing lasts forever.

 

The smallest step that your bestfriends take to start living their own life is getting theirselves a boyfriend. You think that you don’t need one, but as time goes by you start to feel lonely. Your bestfriends that always hang around with you are always busy with their boyfriends. Maybe that’s what puberty does, especially when you’re still a teenager.

 

You can hear the clock is tickling, you already passed your afternoon by watching all movies in your laptop, and now you have nothing to do. Your cellphone is ringing loudly breaking your thousands of thought about what to do next. The screen shows one of your bestfriends’ name, you gladly answer the phone.

 

“EunHye?”

 

“Hey MiYeon, where are you?” The girl from the other line says with her soft voice.

 

“I’m at home, why?”

 

“JiEun and I are at the cafe near your house, come here join us.”

 

With that you hang up and start to prepare yourself. It has been a long time since you guys meet together just to chat around, so there’s no reason to reject EunHye’s offer. You walk out from your house and jog your way to the cafe near your house. You see the cafe that EunHye’s mentioned earlier and open the door, the movement of the door makes the bell on top of the door rings and makes the people in the cafe turn their heads toward your direction.

 

You scan the cafe to find your bestfriends ignoring the look that people throw at you when they see your confused face, JiEun waves her hand for you to notice her existence. You smile at JiEun and walk toward her direction, when you’re just a few steps to the table where JiEun and EunHye are sitting, you realize that your bestfriends are not the only one that sitting there. They’re with another group of boys, you know some familiar faces between those six guys, two of them are your bestfriends’ boyfriends that you know as Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The two familiar boys are smiling at you as a sign of politeness while the rest of the boys just stare at you out of curiousity.

 

“Uh hi guys. My name is MiYeon.” You smile at the group of boys in front of you and take EunHye’s hand hurriedly to take her somewhere private. After both of you are far away enough from those boys, you say something to her in a hissing tone.

 

“I thought there are only three of us, you didn’t tell me there are gonna be those boys! Don’t tell me they’re Chanyeol’s friends?”

 

“Hey calm down no need to pull me that hard. Yes they’re Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s friends. I want to introduce them to you. JiEun and I feel bad at you for not always hanging around together like we used to, and maybe you can get yourself a boyfriend too.” EunHye says with a playful tone while wiggling her eyebrows.  You roll your eyes at her.

 

You turn back to take a look your other bestfriend who’s under Baekhyun’s secure arm, she’s only looking at you with a sorry look for not telling you earlier. You only sigh and follow EunHye who’s walking back to the table and thinking that you have no choice but to join them for the rest of the day.

 

“Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I’m sure some of you are curious about who is she right?” EunHye says to the boys, and talk about you. You just awkwardly stand there and search for any available seat, and then JiEun offers you one seat beside her, you sit there and notice something in front of you, the boy with grey hair nudges the boy beside him when EunHye says something, the boy beside the grey haired boy only look at him and give him a what-the-hell look and smiles after that.

 

You play with your fingers under the table out of boredom, and then when you look up you can see everyone’s eyes is staring at you expecting you to do somethng, you only stare back at them in puzzlement not knowing what to do because you weren’t paying attention to EunHye’s little speech. You can feel JiEun is leaning to your side and whisper something to your ear.

 

“EunHye just told them you’ll do your official introduction, because the previous one was kinda rushed.”

 

You glance at EunHye and give her your best of what-the-hell look and she just smiles brightly at you, or maybe so weirdly. With that you clear your throat to break the awkwardness, and start the so-called-official-introduction.

 

“Err, okay. My name is MiYeon, I am EunHye’s and JiEun’s bestfriend. Sorry for suddenly joining your meeting.” You smile a little and end your introduction, and then suddenly one of the boys says something to you.

 

“It’s okay. No need to be sorry, now you’re here and I think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Suho, and I guess you already know Chanyeol and Baekhyun right?” The guy with a pale skin smiles at you, he seems to never stop smiling. You nod your head at him. He continues to introduce the boys one by one to you, when their names are mentioned they smile at you and you kindly smile back.

 

“The one beside me is Kyungsoo, the gray haired one is Sehun. And the one beside Sehun—“ You can see the gray haired Sehun is trying to nudge the guy beside him when Suho is about to tell you his name, he’s spacing out and not paying attention. He snaps out of his daze and turn to look at you with his confused face. “—is Kai. Sorry I think he was spacing out, I’m not sure why was he spacing out, few moments ago he said that you’re cute.” Suho says in a teasing tone. He is teasing Kai, and in reply Kai only smiles shyly at you and looks away.

 

You don’t know what to do and only stare at him blankly and notice the features in his face. His skin is quite dark if it’s compared to Sehun’s and Suho’s pale skin, his nose is not flat but it’s not that pointy either, you can recognize his pouty lower lips when he smiles, his blank expression looks so different compared to his smiling face. And his eye smiles are so pretty. You can feel JiEun nudges your side which makes you break your thoughts about Kai’s facial features.

 

“Its nice meeting you.” You smile politely to all of them while bowing your head a little.

 

The rest of the meeting goes well, you know more about them. Friendship between your bestfriends’ boyfriends and the rest of the boys, how they called themselves EXO and they’re all attend the same college, how your bestfriends met their boyfriends. It turns out that the boys are coming from different college with yours, but their college isn’t that far from yours, which is reasonable for your bestfriends to meet them accidentally, and weirdly you never bumped into one of them, or maybe you did but you never realize.

 

 


 

Comments, feedbacks, and constructive critics are really really appreciated.

Thanks for reading. :)