Keep Moving

Confusion (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~1.2 k

Luhan thought on his feelings for Yixing as the poor boy sipped his coffee, oblivious to Luhan’s stare. Wufan was right; he was in love with his best friend. He would never tell his friend, however. He would never forgive himself if he broke Yixing’s heart. It would be fine if Yixing broke his heart, but he really couldn’t make this innocent boy suffer like this. Unconsciously, he leaned over and kissed Yixing’s forehead. Yixing leaned into Luhan, half-drunk coffee mug held close to his chest.

They sat like that for who knows how long, just like that in a comfortable silence until Yixing yawned. The coffee had relieved the migraine and he was feeling tired. Luhan gently took the half-empty coffee mug from his hands and gently set it down on the coffee table.

“Are you tired? Do you want to go to your bed?” Yixing shook his head, closing his eyes as he leaned against his gege. His breathing slowed to the pace of sleep and Luhan just let him doze off on his shoulder. The tears he had been holding back finally spilled out and he couldn’t stop them, all he could do was sit there, keeping his shoulders from disturbing his friend.

Once he had exhausted all of the tears available to him and then some, he laid Yixing slowly down on the sofa before running to the washroom to wash his face. He tried to clean up his splotchy red face as best he could. If Yixing asked, he would say it was just allergies and that he was fine, even though he really wasn’t; he was probably the furthest from fine that anyone could reasonably be.

Simultaneously, he wanted to beg Sehun to come back and take Yixing back and he wanted Sehun to never come into Yixing’s life ever again, he could just move to America or Japan for all Luhan cared. He gripped the sink counter until his knuckles had turned white. He exhaled slowly, loosening his grasp. He wanted Yixing to be happy, but he also wanted to be happy. Was that selfish of him? He was just too afraid of rejection. He sighed exasperatedly as his mind continued the battle internally.

He walked into the kitchen and the clock read that it was already one in the afternoon. Luhan remembered that he had eaten neither breakfast nor lunch and he finally registered that his stomach was protesting. The refrigerator was empty and he realised that he meant to go shopping today. He scrawled a quick message on a note pad and left it on the coffee table next to the sleeping Yixing.

“Went to the store to buy food.”

Luhan came back with two bags of groceries containing coffee, eggs, bacon, bread, fruit, orange juice, and a few other things. Yixing was still asleep on the sofa so Luhan quickly and silently tore the page off of the note pad and tossed it in the bin before heading into the kitchen to make breakfast, well a meal closer to lunch, actually.

Yixing woke up to the smell of bacon and the sound of frying eggs. He sleepily trudged into the kitchen to see Luhan making breakfast for him at two in the afternoon.

“Good morning, or afternoon I suppose.” Luhan turned and smiled. “How are you feeling? Better?”

“Yeah. I guess so. The headache is gone… Listen… Um. I’m sorry…” He looked at the floor and could feel Luhan’s searching look. Before he knew it, Luhan had him in a hug.

“It’s okay. I forgive you. You know I always will,” he whispered. Yixing nodded.

“Why don’t we have lunch? That would probably be the best thing to do right now.” Luhan smiled lightly, leading Yixing to a chair and sitting him down.

“It’s probably not as good as the breakfasts you make but I hope it’s okay.” He smiled brightly and Yixing just had to smile along with him. Luhan had that effect on people. Somehow, when he smiled you just had to smile with him.

Yixing munched at a piece of bacon. “It’s great. Thanks gege.” Luhan took the seat across from Yixing and began eating his lunch. It wasn’t bad if he did say so himself. They sat in a comfortable silence as they ate. When they had both finished, Luhan took the dishes and put them in the sink. Before he knew it, Yixing had come up behind him and wrapped his arms around the other’s waist and leaned his chin on Luhan’s right shoulder.

“Yixing. What are you doing?” His heart skipped a beat.

“Nothing. You just looked like you needed a hug. I can support my gege every once in a while can’t I?” He shrugged.

“Thanks.”

“Why don’t we try dialling this number?” Luhan held up the napkin and shook it gently in Yixing’s face.

“You think we should?”

“I want to find out who it was. I wasn’t paying attention to whether it was the bartender or that Chen guy.” He laughed to himself. If it were that Chen, that would be so hilarious.

“What?” He had a lost look on his face.

“Oh it’s nothing. It just seemed like the two of you took a shining to one another,” he replied ambiguously and Yixing turned pink.

“What happened?”

“Oh nothing. You just ended the night with a nice peck on the lips,” he grinned deviously. Yixing turned beet red.

“Let’s try calling this number then.”

“Us? I’m not taking part in this. You call him.” He tossed his iPhone at his friend and Luhan caught it, turning over the little purple case. He unlocked it and clicked call, entering the digits quickly. One ring. Two rings.

“Hello,” a husky voice replied. He sounded almost as if he had just woken up, even though it was two in the afternoon. This definitely wasn’t the voice of Chen, so it must be the voice of that mysterious bartender.

Luhan quickly tossed the purple phone back to Yixing.

“Hello?”

“Um. Hi. I think you gave me your number last night…” Yixing trailed off and Luhan had his ear pressed to the other side of the phone, listening in on the conversation.

“Are you the one who was with Chen last night?”

“Yeah… My name is Yixing,” he didn’t know why he was introducing himself to a complete stranger over the phone, but he was and Luhan looked like he was about to explode.

Luhan snatched the phone from Yixing. “Do you want to go out?”

A pause from the other side before he replied, “Who are you?”

“Just a friend of Yixing’s. You didn’t answer my question. Do you want to go out with Yixing?” The look of absolute horror pasted to Yixing’s face almost made Luhan laugh. He knew he wouldn’t be able to have his so he might as well try and make him happy. He thought that maybe getting a date with a hot guy like this bartender, it might take his mind off of it.

“I’m busy tonight, working.”

“Then maybe we can come and see you tonight.”

“Sure, I guess…”

“Great! See you at 8.” He hung up, humming happily.

“Wha-. Why would you do that!?”

“Like I said. You need to get out more.”

“But this?”

“It was the only way. Now you really don’t want to let down this nice boy do you?”

“Sometimes I really hate you Luhan ge.” Luhan smiled as if he hadn’t heard that comment, still holding the phone.

 

A/N: Sorry this is such a short and stupid chapter. I'm not quite sure where I'm going.