Endings and Beginnings

Confusion (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~2 k

“Come on! You really need to get out of here. You just spend all of your time in this makeshift recording studio writing sappy love songs. I’m going to be brutally honest with you, Yixing. You seriously need to get over Sehun, okay?” Luhan pouted at him, hands on his hips with one popped to the side.

“Luhan. I swear I’m fine,” Yixing replied half-heartedly.

“Yes. You’re so fine that you haven’t gone out in days. You’ve just been sitting here crying over this music.” He sighed in exasperation. He couldn’t stand seeing his best friend here like this.

Sehun had broken up with Yixing a week ago and Yixing had slowly fallen apart. Luhan had been doing all of his shopping and cooking for him. At least Yixing wasn’t so out of it that Luhan needed to bathe him, he did that on his own. Sometimes Luhan was able to distract him for a little, but somehow the conversation always snapped back to Sehun and Yixing would end up a crying mess again.

“Why don’t you take a quick shower and we can go to this club I know of. I swear that we will have a good time. Please?” He made the cutest face he could muster, which was saying a lot since he had a cute deer face. Yixing put down his guitar on the stand, sighing heavily.

Luhan was already fully dressed for the club with a red bowtie and black pinstriped vest over a white collared shirt. His pants were black and he wore red sneakers, which somehow still managed to fit the rest of the outfit. Luhan could make the weirdest things work and that evaded Yixing, although Luhan said that he could wear all of these things as well.

About half an hour later, Yixing came out in similar dress, a gray jacket and pants with black sneakers. He wore a white collared shirt and blue striped tie.

“There. You look much better now. Come on, let’s go.” He practically had to lead Yixing by the hand out to the car before they headed downtown. The engine of his Jaguar hummed to life and they sped off. The whole way there, Yixing looked out the window dejectedly, occasionally rolling the window down and back up again. Luhan rolled his eyes.

“We’re here.” They stood outside of a club by the name of “History.” The sign was written in jagged capital letters in a violent blue that seared the word into his brain in orange. “Why do you even know of this place?” Yixing grumbled at Luhan. Luhan merely replied with a smirk and a devious wink before leading him inside.

Inside, it was rather dark, with a small lights hanging from the ceiling, bulbs encased in coloured glass, giving the room a soft glow. On the stage across the room from the entrance was a stage with a beautiful singer standing in the spotlight in attire similar to Luhan’s. The lyrics, “Baby don’t cry, tonight,” floated through the air and Yixing focussed on the singer, a guy with lots of eyeliner and red hair. He had a very strong singing voice. Luhan had to pull his spacey friend along with him to stop from blocking other people’s way.

They stopped at the front and Luhan talked with the hostess. She smiled and nodded before heading to the back.

“Do you actually come here Lulu?” Yixing looked really surprised.

“Only once or twice…” The lighting was dark enough to hide the blush that came to his face. He turned away and led his friend by the hand to sit at the bar.

“Two please,” Luhan asked the bartender politely. This guy had big lips, a tan complexion, and a jaw line sharp enough to cut yourself on. Yixing stared at him as he got the beverages and Luhan nudged Yixing in the ribs when the bartender turned around to stop him from staring.

“Lulu. What are you doing here? I thought you only came on Wednesdays.” Yixing looked up to see a guy with a face reminiscent of a baozi taking the seat at the bar right next to Luhan.

Luhan practically jumped through the roof as he turned stiffly. “Hahaha. Hey Xiumin. Um…” He turned back to Yixing with a guilty look and Yixing raised his eyebrows silently asking, only once or twice?

“I thought you didn’t work Fridays…”

“Yeah I’m covering for Suho today. He got sick and couldn’t come.” Xiumin’s lips made a heart shape when he smiled and Yixing was sure that Luhan was blushing. Yixing looked around the room for the first time since they had arrived and realised what sort of club this was. It was a host club. He smacked his forehead with his palm when he finally realised it.

“Why Luhan? Why?” he grumbled out loud. “I’m pretty sure that I don’t need this of all things.”

Yixing was getting up when Luhan tugged at his sleeve and begrudgingly sat back down. “Just give it a shot okay? It’s just a little fun.” He smiled and Yixing really couldn’t break his heart.

Someone sat behind Yixing and he turned around to see a young guy with spiky jet-black hair sitting behind him. “Hey there. My name is Chen,” he said playfully, winking.

“Hi. My name is Yixing,” he said politely.

“That’s a cute name. Goes well with your cute face,” he openly flirted. Xiumin was working very hard not to burst out laughing. Chen was probably the best of the hosts for the ladies, but for a first-time guy, he was probably the worst. Through suppressed giggles, Xiumin whispered to Luhan that Chen was probably the worst flirt in existence and that requesting any open host was a really bad idea. Although for the most part, Chen was always on request and it would have usually been fine, it was always better to request your favourite host because other than Chen, there were a few more hosts like him.

“So what brings you here Xingxing?” he smiled deviously, moving a little closer to Yixing.

“That one,” Yixing said bluntly pointing behind him to Luhan.

“Wow. That’s mean. And here I thought you were looking for a good time with me.” He pouted. “I can give you a good time even if you weren’t really looking for it.” Chen wiggled his eyebrows playfully, putting his hand of Yixing’s thigh. Yixing’s heart jumped into his throat and he shot a backwards glance at Luhan saying a mixture of, help me, and later, you are going to die.

“Maybe next time.” He swallowed and carefully removed Chen’s hand from his thigh.

“Is that a promise?” Chen walked his fingers from the hand Yixing had resting on the bar up his arm.

“Y-yes,” he stammered. This was new for him. He didn’t know anyone this forward about anything. Chen leaned back, withdrawing his hand and Yixing nervously took a sip of his drink.

“Why don’t you tell me about yourself this time. We can get to know each other much better the next time you come in.” He gave another sly flirtatious look.

“Well… I’m aspiring to be musician and I compose. I’m a third year at university,” he blabbed because he always did when he was feeling uncomfortable.

“Ooh. A musician. I love musicians. Especially guitarists and pianists, they always have lovely fingers.” He put his hand on top of Yixing’s, making Yixing feel even more uncomfortable. His face was probably turning pink because Chen was smirking victoriously.

“Have you written any songs recently?” Yixing’s heart stopped.

“Yeah. One… It’s called ‘Don’t go’.” Luhan turned away from his chat with Xiumin when he heard Yixing mention his song to Sehun.

“That sounds like a sad song. Are there any happy songs you’ve written recently?” Chen knew he had taken a misstep and tried to correct it quickly. Yixing didn’t really feel like dwelling on it at the moment with a complete stranger, so he obligingly changed the subject.

“I wrote a song called 3.6.5.” He hummed a couple of measures and Luhan could feel that he was feeling better. When Yixing had no distractions, he tended to dwell on things, but if there were a slight tangent in the conversation that would change the mood, he would drop the other thing. That was Luhan’s real goal; just a little distraction to take Yixing’s mind off of the breakup and apparently Chen was the perfect person for that.

After a little more conversation with Chen, and a little more alcohol, Yixing was becoming more comfortable but Chen was getting closer and more touchy-feely. Yixing was just ignoring it because he was having fun not thinking about Sehun and Chen was giving him an opportunity to think about anything but.

The hour was up and Yixing had drained four glasses and was working on a fifth.

“Request me next time you come by. I work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.” He sealed the deal with a quick kiss on the lips and a wink before sauntering off. Yixing just looked after him. Luhan had been watching the conversation for some time; Xiumin had customers and had to leave early on. Luhan had noticed that the bartender was looking at Yixing intently, when he wasn’t mixing.

“Well I guess that wasn’t so bad.” Yixing turned back to Luhan with a slightly stupid smile on his face.

“I think that you are a little drunk,” Luhan said.

“I don’t think so. I feel fine.” He got up and wobbled a little.

“Right… I definitely believe you. We should probably get you home just give me a sec to pay the bill.” Yixing downed the last of his fifth and noticed some number on the napkin underneath the glass. He picked up the napkin and stared at it. Luhan finished paying and turned to find his friend staring intently at a napkin. Upon closer inspection, Luhan found that someone had given his friend his number.

“What does this mean?” Yixing asked in Chinese. Yep, definitely drunk, Luhan noted. Yixing only spoke in Chinese these days when he was asleep, when he wanted to be secretive, or when he was drunk.

“I’ll tell you in the morning, when you’re sober.” He led his friend out of the club and pushed him into the car. On the way back, Yixing was babbling about how great of a guy Chen was, but Luhan wasn’t really paying attention. Yixing needed to get to bed before he hurt himself or passed out. There was no way that Luhan could carry Yixing back into his house.

When they arrived at Yixing’s house, he was lightly dozing and Luhan was able to shake him awake.

“Huh? Oh hi Luhan. Where are we? I could have sworn we were at a club and there was this guy, named Chen.” Luhan pulled Yixing out of his car, the other leaning heavily on him. It was difficult to lock the car and support a sleepy Yixing, but Luhan managed before walking to the door. He dug around in Yixing’s pockets to find his key as his friend giggled stupidly.

“That tickles.”

“I just need the keys,” he grumbled finally finding them.

He hauled Yixing into the house and decided that he was not about to climb the stairs supporting his friend. He turned left and sat him down on the sofa in his living room.

“Are you feeling like you are going to be sick?” Luhan sat down next to him

“Nope. I’m perfectly fine. Just a little tired.” He yawned and then decided to invade Luhan’s personal space and lay his head down in the other’s lap before quickly falling asleep. Luhan ran an exasperated hand through his hair as he sighed. He rand his fingers through his sleeping friend’s hair and after a while, he fell asleep too.

 

A/N: This was supposed to be a one shot but it began to lengthen and I couldn’t fit in all into one of my usual short chapters. It was just a little idea I had as I watched clouds pass over that I felt would be fun to explore. Sorry for LayHan and LayHun feels and overly flirty Chen. I don’t even know where that came from. He's out of control and there's no way of stopping him because he's Chen.